If you could change your name without all the hassle, what would you pick?

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'm happy with at least my first name (Brandon), but there are a few options I can think of that I wouldn't mind if I ever desired to change my name.

Elijah, Soren, XERXES...

One of those might not be serious.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
Good for you I guess, can't say I'm a fan, I'd imagine getting taken seriously is gonna be an issue.
What are you German? That kind of bluntness is so raw.

"Damnit sky, your new name is stupid and I don't much like it!!"

Tell us how you really feel Herr Clarion xD

OT: I've always kind of wanted to change my name since I don't like it very much, but I have no idea what I'd go with. I guess I could choose from a couple character names I've come up with?

Or just say fuck it and choose the most awful thing I can think of... Ragnar Adolf Gudrunson... Actually, there's a new character name right there. He can be a dark and brooding jokster with a painful past history of drug use. Also he could be an Orc with Tribal tattoos and a flat cap. Why? Because why not.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
JoJo said:
I don't think I could change my name, it's the sort of thing I like to toy with in my mind but after over two years of thinking I haven't even been able to settle on a consistent Internet username, let alone an actual proper name. As much as I like the name "JoJo", it'd be difficult to take a Mr JoJo Smith seriously.
Why would you change your last name to smith? >:p

Dec 14, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Good for you I guess, can't say I'm a fan, I'd imagine getting taken seriously is gonna be an issue.

OT: I've always kind of wanted to change my name since I don't like it very much, but I have no idea what I'd go with. I guess I could choose from a couple character names I've come up with?

Or just say fuck it and choose the most awful thing I can think of... Ragnar Adolf Gudrunson... Actually, there's a new character name right there. He can be a dark and brooding jokster with a painful past history of drug use. Also he could be an Orc with Tribal tattoos and a flat cap. Why? Because why not.
Sass me again boy and I'll put you with the others ;3

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've always like the name Damian, but even so I've become so used to my current name and I like my surname enough that I doubt I'd ever go through with it.
I've been told I look like a Simon or a Richard so I guess if I was pushed I might pick one of those.

Itdoesthatsometimes

Aug 6, 2012
sky14kemea said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wait why?

What's wrong with Sky? >:V

I have an official document, it kind of has to be taken serious.
If I may present to you-
Your first poem for your new name

I dated a woman named Katherine
I dated a woman named Skye
Try as I may to my chagrin
Recall meeting a woman named Devine

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I would urge anyone naming their children in the future. Please just give them normal boring names. My parents decided I should have a rare, interesting name, and now every time I meet a new person, I have to go through this aggravating process of repeating my name a few times until they get it, and explaining what it means. Every. Single Time.

So John, Michael, Richard. I don't really care. But, I don't care enough to go through all the hassle, so for the last couple of years, I've been introducing myself by my more normal middle name, and things have been working out much better.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I have chanegd my first name, legally. Used to be Michael. Now it's Michael Katsuro.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
My real name is Rhys. The name I gave my female alter-ego is Lizzy. I go by Lizzy on most social media (though I've recently made it clear that I'm not a "real girl" because I felt that deception was unfair on everyone).

If I could change my name to something legally I'd probably pick something gender-neutral. Dizzy is quite gender-neutral (though a bit extravagant) and was derived from the nickname of my female alter-ego back when she was entirely fictional (Dizzy Lizzy). It's also where my two most common internet handles came from (DizzyChuggernaut and the condensed form that I use for "more professional" things, Dizchu).

So yeah I'd change it to Dizzy cos I'm "a bit of a character, you know what I mean?"

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
T0ad 0f Truth said:
JoJo said:
I don't think I could change my name, it's the sort of thing I like to toy with in my mind but after over two years of thinking I haven't even been able to settle on a consistent Internet username, let alone an actual proper name. As much as I like the name "JoJo", it'd be difficult to take a Mr JoJo Smith seriously.
For the anonymity? It's the most common surname percentage-wise in England, if I wanted to go really generic I could call myself Joseph "JoJo" Smith and bask in the protection that my hundreds of dopplegangers would provide from Google searching my new name. [small]Or could just be a stand in for my actual surname, which is also English in origin though, much rarer than Smith and would sound just as ridiculous paired up with "JoJo". Why not change the surname? Well I'm rather attached to it, it's a local name that refers to a village not much more than thirty miles away from where I live :p[/small]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Considering I plan to change my name, I'm really not going to post it here. Several people already use, it, though. Then again, people also call me Zachary for some reason. >.>

Also because it's already my pen name, and the more insulated I keep any potential professional work from the internet, the better.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Torvin Luft.

Dave's the kind of guy who tells you tall stories down the pub (which, admittedly, is the sort of thing that I do). But Torvin Luft is a man's man! He fights dragons! Controls the most arcane majicks! Leads humanity's first and last line of defence against the alien threat! Owns an expensive sports car! Has an appropriate level of personal hygiene!

...weird, just got this sense of Deja Vu...

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Oh boy, if there's one thing I like to make fun of it's names. Long names, weird names, short names, lots of names, girl names, boy names... Like the Smiths naming their son after his mom and their daughter after her dad (Jaden and Willow). And I gotta say it's probably due to me having a strikingly unique name myself. So no changing. I do like the first name Vinnie and the last name Silva, but they don't go well together at all.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Sass me again boy and I'll put you with the others ;3
Empty threats! I'm all the way in... Oh wait I'll be in England in December won't I?

[footnote]This picture never gets old XD[/footnote]

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
JoJo said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
JoJo said:
For the anonymity? It's the most common surname percentage-wise in England, if I wanted to go really generic I could call myself Joseph "JoJo" Smith and bask in the protection that my hundreds of dopplegangers would provide from Google searching my new name. [small]Or could just be a stand in for my actual surname, which is also English in origin though, much rarer than Smith and would sound just as ridiculous paired up with "JoJo". Why not change the surname? Well I'm rather attached to it, it's a local name that refers to a village not much more than thirty miles away from where I live :p[/small]
Apparently Chang and Lee are two of the most common surnames in the world. Jojo Lee doesn't sound quite as bad right? Add in a Mohammed for the middle name just to be safe.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Daystar Clarion said:
sky14kemea said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Wait why?

What's wrong with Sky? >:V

I have an official document, it kind of has to be taken serious.
The same thing wrong with people called 'Peaches' or 'Apple' XD

I'm not a fan of nouns as names.
Hey, at least it's not "Number 13 Bus Stop."

OT: Eh, I like Jamie. I've had people call me James before though, and I'm OK with that. So yeah, probably change it to James. Or respell my name to Jaime, so my old dumb ass managers finally spelt my name right after being there for two months.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Mike Hunt

Because I already go by Mikey everywhere even though that's actual my middle name, so changing it to my first name just makes sense.

And I'd change my last name to Hunt because... well say it out loud.

Aug 19, 2010
I don't think I'd change it, just make my current nickname my official middle name.
Wouldn't be a big change, since about two thirds of the people I know call me by my nickname to the point of most not even knowing my real one. Just "officializing" it, that's all I'd do.

Plus, ever since my brother got married, I've been looking forward to being "Uncle Ronci" :D

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'd like to go by my Facebook name officially. I legally still have my dads last name and I need to get round to changing it, it's just a ballache changing all my names on things.

The actual spelling of my name is the traditional Emily but I've gone with Emilee for the past 8 years or so? I know mum won't like me changing it, but meh.