If you could choose 1 game to be wiped from history forever... What would it be?

needsmosleep

Mar 22, 2008
GTA 4, for absolutly soiling what it means to recieve a 10, I mean cmon, how stoned do you have to be to give tired series with a new engine the score as ocarina of time

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
needsmosleep post=9.70087.681906 said:
GTA 4, for absolutly soiling what it means to recieve a 10, I mean cmon, how stoned do you have to be to give tired series with a new engine the score as ocarina of time
GTA4 was so much better then prior GTA titles.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a 10. I don't think I've ever played a game that could achieve a 10.0 in my books.

Even my favorite games (Chrono Trigger, FFIV, Gauntlet, Onimusha, God of War etc) would not recieve a 10.0 from me, and Ocarina of Time is not that either.. I'd say OoT is probably better then GTA IV, but neither are a 10

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Sim City Societies. This is blasphemy, this is madness!

Without World of Warcraft a lot of the new mmorpg's coming out later this year and so on would probably be a lot crappier. Though the games would be seen as innovative and filled with new ideas. Sure there were mmorpgs before WoW but they never really hit it spot on.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
I would say E.T. Just because of the great video game crash. I don't think that it single handedly caused it, but it pushed it along. You got to wonder where video game would be if that didn't happen.

Though I really would like to be able to see how video game history would change if one game was not released. Like if Halo never came out, would the Xbox would have falled? So would there even be of the great Xbox games? Would there even be online play if the Xbox didn't make the compitition step up with Xbox Live? If Sega had Halo or a similer hit, would it still be here today with the Dreamcast 2. Would it have online play? (most likly yes since the Dreamcast had it)

It's intresting to think about but I think I would leave history just the way it is. Changing time always ends badly.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
World Of Warcraft.... Its destroying people. What happened to the good 'ol days when people were addicted to healthier things like crystal meth?

YukariKaito

Jan 25, 2008
RedElectric post=9.70087.680438 said:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...

There will be no forgiveness for that one.
I so agree... The Original PS1 version was a whole lot better.

When they decided they wanted to do a sequel I got worked up for nothing.

mark_n_b

Mar 24, 2008
ET for the 2600 on account of how it nearly single handedly wiped the games industry from the face of the planet (If you don't understand that sentence get on google or never call yourself a gamer again, it's the metaphorical time of the black plague of the game's industry.)

Murrah

Aug 28, 2008
joltheadporgy post=9.70087.680241 said:
final fantasy X-2
Right, im playing that game at the moment!
im guessing the reason why you hate this game is because now in the Game they made Yuna look like a slut with a gun (which she blows all the time) and Rikku who is the youngest of all looks like that some pervert ate her whole clothes leaving only her underwears! and Paine (who i fancy alot) looks like some gothic OLD sexy chick with her gray hair and red eyes! i mean come on! who's has red coloured eyes in Real life?! (though i do like you paine! please dont be reading this!)

Conclusion: They are whores

However the game is intresting because if you want to see the real ending (ofcourse, without searching it to some site *cough*Youtube*cough*) you'll have to get 100% on your game which is pretty challenging! I dont mind them wearing clothes like that because im a girl aswell who like final fantasy games but just as long as i can B*itch about them of how repulsive they look like with their clothes..... then that's fine.

Kage Me

Jul 10, 2008
Halo.

Honestly now. First you rip off Metroid, and then you get used as inspiration for a multitude of games, some shitty and some abysmal. That earns you a trip straight to video game hell, the 20th circle or something.

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
Dommyboy post=9.70087.681955 said:
Sim City Societies. This is blasphemy, this is madness!

Without World of Warcraft a lot of the new mmorpg's coming out later this year and so on would probably be a lot crappier. Though the games would be seen as innovative and filled with new ideas. Sure there were mmorpgs before WoW but they never really hit it spot on.
WoW brings absolutely nothing new to the table that hasn't been seen in any other MMO. without WoW, the bar would be set lower for subscription rates, and companies would be more inclined to take chances and try something new within their games.

There is nothing coming out anytime recently with "new and innovative" ideas, and it is because of WoW and its "12 million subscribers who can't all be wrong". Like I said, it's Wal-Mart/McDonalds. Appealing to the lowest common denominator. Something for the masses that's edible, but by no means tasty.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Kage Me post=9.70087.682338 said:
Halo.

Honestly now. First you rip off Metroid, and then you get used as inspiration for a multitude of games, some shitty and some abysmal. That earns you a trip straight to video game hell, the 20th circle or something.
Does anyone else find it sad that you see people making new profiles just to post that Halo is the worst game ever?

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Eldritch Warlord post=9.70087.682516 said:
Does anyone else find it sad that you see people making new profiles just to post that Halo is the worst game ever?
You have my support there, I'd say its more tragic than sad.

Anyway, if I were to wipe any game from exsistance it would have to be FEAR, that game was terrible, its only redeeming feature was that I managed to nail 10 headshots with punching during an online game (I found that pretty funny).