If you could choose a single NPC to have a game built around them... who would you choose...

StealthyNinja

Mar 11, 2010
A game revolving around the judge from the Phoenix Wright series. Not sure how it would play out. Maybe just deciding who's the guilty party and who's not.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
the annoying err. adoring fan!

by Azura!

although a Saxton Hale or Sheogorath would also kick ass

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
how about we get a few more characters from mass effect? hm?

only poking fun at the majority of this thread.

i'd have to say Nicholas the Traveler from Guild Wars. Professor Yakkington would be the best sidekick EVAR.

edit: scratch that! how about you are professor yakkington and nicholas is your side kick ... that would be much more entertaining

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Alyx, she's got quite the backstory, and I really want to know more about her, and perhaps some internal monologue about The Freeman? :3

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Maxtro said:
Ridley from Metroid

Never-mind that he's some kind of alien dragon thing, he's also a high ranking Space Pirate. I'm pretty he has his own spaceship that he flies around in.
That would actually be really awesome. Flying around a GF base, frying troopers and swinging your tail around, having dogfights in space, possibly commanding space pirate attacks with a little taste of RTS. I'd preorder that shit as soon as possible.

SpartanBlackman

Apr 1, 2011
Garrus on Omega.
Plays like ME2 but with less cover andfreeroaming aspects, such as flying with a jetpack. There are hidden goodies, like Batman:AA. There are assassination side missions, sniper missions, raids and even random encounters of you saving people. You can talk to the squad more than in any other Bioware game.
And a Paragon/Renegade meter.
You start out with nothing but the clothes on your back, and become quickly known as a fearsome warrior. You quickly gain some allies and work as one of the best merc groups around. You have to fight a small Vorcha uprising, try to take down Garm's bloodpack, but you have to flee after a fight for survival against the krogan. You later raid an eclipse weapons shipment, having to fight against Jaroth and his brother. You kill the brother, but have to flee. Your actions get you recognised and you become a hero in Omega. Eventually Aria herself contacts you and asks you to try and stop a combined attack on her by the Blue suns, Blood pack and Eclipse mercs. You do this for her, but you then the mercs turn their attention to YOU. They trap and kill your entire squad, and you nearly die. You follow Sidonis and just miss his shuttle taking off. You realise that you're going to die regardless, so you go to an abandoned house and fight against waves and waves of mercs, with a final battle against a gunship. The end shows you about to shoot another merc, but you notice the N7 insignia on their chest.

Would you pay all of your money or all of it?

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Joey and his ratattat.
It will introduce with them first meeting and the bond they grew. they will fight many perilous battles together celebrating victories and suffering losses as well as the bond they build on the way. Then Joey will meet a beautiful trainer and join her adventure. She will have issues with the rattatat and demand Joey release it he will comply. They will have grand adventures becoming one of the greatest battle duos in the world and life will never be greater. Joey's girlfriend will then be diagnosed with cancer given a very short time to live and eventually start to make a recovery. Unfortunately there is still some cancer left in her brain they will attempt to remove it and she will become a vegetable on life support. Joey will spend many months moping at home leaving his girlfriend in stasis between life and death. Eventually he will decide to pull the plug realizing that no one deserves to suffer that hell. Without the dedication to be a Pokemon master after this grave loss he takes up a part time job at the poke-center earning minimum wage. One day someone brings in a wounded wild ratticate and Joey will come to the realization that this is his rattitat. The rattitat in belief that Joey left him due to the factor of him being too weak. The rattitat had spent all this time to be stronger for Joey, even under the impression he would never see him again. Joey was overjoyed to see ratticate and the dedication that was put in for him. Joey had lost everything and now there is the beautiful reunion of Joey and rattitat. They will fight together becoming masters of the Pokemon universe as well as bringing Pokemon and trainers together.they will grow old together and die peacefully huddled together.

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
Jonny Gatt from saints row. even though it would basicly just be saints row without character customisation... um,

Well i always wondered if it would be possible (or even remotely even almost any good) to have a game where you get to be the NPCs and the protagonist is your enemey and you have to try stop him finishing a level or something, For simplicities sake say your enemy was Mario in a classic side scroller and you switched between the villians at your choosing and had to try kill him and as he moves across the map you keep switching to different guys and mario has lives and checkpoints and all that and yeah

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Hmm ... a game where you have to complete the Anezkha sections of Vampire : The Masquerade :Redemption. I remember playing through as Christof, and that lucky git got to sleep (in torpor) for about 600 years. Anezkha, the unluckiest nun in existence, spent those 600 years as ghoul to a Tzimisce antedeluvian, experiencing unspeakable horrors and pleasures (often at the same time I'm sure) for *centuries*, and she still retained her humanity. Admittedly, it'd probably resemble the typical Japanese dating sim. Plus extra tentacles. But that can be fun sometimes.

SPOILER ALERT (Although I'm sure anyone who cares has finished it)
I remember my first play through, and I got the 'bad' ending. It's still the only game where I got the 'bad' ending on the first finish - most games will penalise the hell out of you for being an evil prick, but in V:tM you get penalised choosing the 'good' options (c'mon, you're a frickin' *vampire*, you're not meant to be merciful with hunters). After diablerising my way through the elder vamps of 1999 London, and ripping the guts out of Vukodlak, as Christof grabbed Anezkha and took a big chunk out of her neck I screamed at the scream "noooo let her goooo Christof!". Only time I really had a strong connection to an NPC (despite all of that annoying "nay my lord", and "the Good Lord wilst helpst thoust. St. St." rubbish she was *still* speaking.

EDIT: Also, that old vampire from the original Legacy of Kain. Vorador or somethin like that? Hmm .. more vampire characters ... there's my fetish exposed.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
MellowFellow said:
This is too easy, the obvious answer is Garrus from the Mass Effect series. Especially a game revolving around his time in between Mass Effect 1 and 2.
I think their are like 500 fanfics about that time.... i think i wrote one of them...

CaptainLoserPants

Nov 6, 2010
Layzor said:
CaptainLoserPants said:
MellowFellow said:
This is too easy, the obvious answer is Garrus from the Mass Effect series. Especially a game revolving around his time in between Mass Effect 1 and 2.
I also agree with the idea of a Garrus-game. Maybe like some kind of LA Noire, Garrus on the Citadel style. Or like you said, his bad ass time on Omega.
I don't think 10 hours of calibrations would be all that fun.
While I would prefer his time battling with red tape on the citadel and Executor Pallin, or messin' with mercs on Omega, calibrations sound fun, toooo. WHAT CHU TALKIN' BOUT.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Hm...interesting thread. Probably the first thread in a long while to cause me to, you know, think. I'm really racking my brain trying to pick just one person to answer the thread topic.

Oh! I've got one. What about Ganondorf?

He's had so many different incarnations throughout the Zelda games, would it be so difficult to have the player fill this role? Perhaps it would be actually something innovating that Nintendo could do with the Zelda franchise. Maybe not a new direction so to speak, but perhaps a "what-if" scenario.

You play as Ganondorf and perform diabolical deeds of mayhem, evil, and chaos!

Hell, I would pay money for a game like that, don't know about the rest of you guys...

VaderMan92

Sep 9, 2010
Dunno if this counts but a game around Duncan Idaho from the dune series would be awesome. There was a dune game that he was an NPC in.

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
Its a Final Fantasy, But Jecht, Braska and Auron as they try and stop sin before the start of 10 would be kinda cool. Jecht and Auron seem like such a funny duo.

Also a Revolver Ocelot or HK47 game.