If you could design a pokemon-

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
-what would it be?
I had a peek at the new critters for the Black and White games and feel a bit... underwhelmed. There are a few cool ones-
there's now a freaking ice cream pokemon xD. 'Cool' ones. Geddit. Sorry. Anyways...
-but a fair number are just 'meh.' Some of them are boring or not so well designed, others have just had something too similar done before.
Just for fun, I'd like to see if you escapists can come up with some ideas. They can be as in depth or as pointless as you like. Its not like anyone important is going to come here and seriously consider them.
Probably.

My idea:
I want a rocker pokemon. He's Steel (Metall!!) and electric (for his electric guitar.) He's got metal hair so long that it literally hides most of his body, and he weilds a guitar shaped thing which is actually a symbiotic pokemon. Together they annihilate enemies with sheer noise and errant pyrotechnics!

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
I was really hoping for a legendary steel pokemon, that combines the new gear one with Metagross and Magnezone.

It would be called MECHADROME!

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
your pokemon sounds good.
mine would be made of just straight fire in a vaguely humanoid shape. Also it can control ice(just to confuse the enemies)

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
Together they annihilate enemies with sheer noise and errant pyrotechnics!
So basically Exploud only made out of metal?

I don't know why but I like Exploud, even though he is a really weird and honestly terrible Pokemon.

As for making my own Pokemon, I'd like there to be an actual squid Pokemon. I mean, they've made gears into Pokemon now. How has nobody come up with a decent squid design? Though Octillery is an octopus cannon, which is absurdly awesome so I suppose he makes up for this. Really if I was in charge of making Pokemon though they'd probably be pretty crappy. It's not really as easy as most people probably think it is.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Another one I thought of was a new starter pokemon for Water. Its an upright snail type thing. When it evolves the shell covers more of it to be like knight's armour. When it evolves again it keeps the armour and the shell forms a turret, like the tower from a castle. Names could be Fortreshell or something cheesy like that.
Also Mechadrome... that- sounds- familiar o_O?

NRX

May 13, 2009
The fire starter being Fire/Fighting again in black and white really PEEVED me.
let's try something different like a Fire/Poison type
1st evo: fire with slight poison elements, like smog. looks like a small puff of smoke.
2nd evo: fire/poison, gains more with arms on it's floating body.
3rd evo: fire/poison, bigger badder smoke cloud of suffocation.

here ya go someonehairy

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
NRX said:
The fire starter being Fire/Fighting again in black and white really PEEVED me.
let's try something different like a Fire/Poison type
1st evo: fire with slight poison elements, like smog. looks like a small puff of smoke.
2nd evo: fire/poison, gains more with arms on it's floating body.
3rd evo: fire/poison, bigger badder smoke cloud of suffocation.

here ya go someonehairy
Apparently the reason they made the first starter fire/fighting again is because it's really the only typing combination that allows a fire Pokemon to be truly viable in the competitive battling scene. Or something like that. I blame stealth rock.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
someonehairy-ish said:
Together they annihilate enemies with sheer noise and errant pyrotechnics!
So basically Exploud only made out of metal?

I don't know why but I like Exploud, even though he is a really weird and honestly terrible Pokemon.

As for making my own Pokemon, I'd like there to be an actual squid Pokemon. I mean, they've made gears into Pokemon now. How has nobody come up with a decent squid design? Though Octillery is an octopus cannon, which is absurdly awesome so I suppose he makes up for this. Really if I was in charge of making Pokemon though they'd probably be pretty crappy. It's not really as easy as most people probably think it is.
Doesn't tentecruel basically count though? It's kinda the same thing :D

OT: A rubber ball. Oh fun times.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
someonehairy-ish said:
Ah goddamit I naively thought i might get a couple of slightly serious suggestions -.- ah well
Well, yours isnt really serious in itself. HUman poekmon dont work out well design wise, and it would look too much like the guitarist trainers that you see in the world. You know, these guys:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1b/GSC_Guitarist.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e4/RSE_Guitarist.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/75/DP_Guitarist.png

So yeah.

OT: my design? hm... I've never been good at drawing or designing, but I do like the idea raptor like ancient pokemon that would be a physically hitting and fast pokemon. Maybe a ground/rock/combination of both type, and would get access to the elemental fang moves as well as perhaps some of the tail moves (like aqua tail).

I dont know. Other then that, I'd like to see an actual scorpion type that isnt Drapion. Or something that is a mix of opposing elements, like a ice/fire type.

And of course a new eevolution design. A dragon one would be easy with trade dragon fang, or a steel type with trade metal coat. But those have been seen before on the interweb.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Can I just make baby Khangaskan into a pokemon? Its been bothering me for over a decade now...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Agreed. I liked the original rumor idea of it being dark. Stealth Rock did a fairly good job of breaking the game, IMO at least.

Though Strangely I never had an issue with Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Guess cause I never really saw them and when I did, I had a pokemon like Dragonite who mopped up competition.

Also in relation to this:
Internet Kraken said:
I'd like there to be an actual squid Pokemon.
You didnt like Tentacruel?

Exo-Mike

Feb 14, 2010
I've always wanted a decent dragon pokemon

I mean Charizard was always my favorite but some of the other dragons just dont seem right:

Dragonite(too close to Barney)
Salmence (Why was it square)

Also we need a Tiamat pokemon

After thought Raquaza was awesome he can stay

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Wasn't there an enn episode where graham was making up pokemon (by combining animals and objects)?
That was some funny shit.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Erana said:
Can I just make baby Khangaskan into a pokemon? Its been bothering me for over a decade now...
I have lost nights of sleep to this. True story.
A male varient would also be appreciated. It's kinda weird that they all have babies when they are all female.
Unless they reproduce asexually or something.