if you could erase ONE game from your memory to play it for the first time again...

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Hmm......The only recent game that I would pick would have to be Xenoblade Chronicles. Jesus feckin' Christ had it been so long when I played a good JRPG before Xenoblade. I actually think that if I waited more then the game would just have been a lot better for me.

Another magnificent choice would have either been the Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, but that also brings up the question. Would it be as magnificent for me right now as it was 12 years ago?

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
Fallout 2, its just not the same when you know where exactly you need to go to find great weapons and armor. The first (well several) playthroughs you felt like a scavenger in an unforgiving wasteland where your death could come at any moment.

It was probably the only game I have ever played where you don't immediately leap in to help someone in distress, because theres a good chance you'll just get yourself killed. For example you could encounter slavers capturing a group of innocent people. Instead of leaping to their defense and slaying all evil doers because your the hero, you simply flee so you don't get captured or killed yourself.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
krazykidd said:
Dark souls . That game was so deliciously frustrating . I would do anything to be able to play that game again as if it was my first time . The hours of difficulty whilst not knowing what i was doing was great .
i agree with this 1000%. the first time i laid eyes on the stray demon in the beginning, i said to myself, "is it going to have this kind of scale the whole time?". i was right. one of the best part of dark souls is that its story is designed so that you can talk about it, as there is no spoilers (the game barely has a noticeable story, takes a lot of digging to find it). im currently fighting gwyn (playthrough 1), anyone have any tips? message me or reply in this thread!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
The obvious answer is Persona 4.

I would give anything to hear that iconic battle tune for the first time again.

And to re-experience all the feels that the game gave me.

Morsomk said:
This has nothing to do with the thread, but I see that you're new here and I would like to say... *clears throat*

Welcome to The Escapist, friend! :D I also wanted to say that I love dat Game Grump "Zigzagoon Used Growl" avatar you got there.

woodsymoments

Oct 21, 2009
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind without a doubt the greatest game ever and i would love to exprience playing it for my first time again.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
FFVII I didn't really like it because I played it rather recently. I knew every plot point before it was coming. If i experienced it blind I most certainly would have enjoyed it more.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Spec Ops: The Line. I went into the game sort of expecting it to deliver the punch that it does, but if I could erase it from my memory, I could experience it to its fullest impact.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Going to go with Muv Luv Alternative to enjoy the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen

thenile

Feb 2, 2013
FF7/BOF4 were the first RPGs I played...great memories. There are a lotta close games tho.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
The walking dead. Absolutely would erase it form my mind to experience all the emotion i had while watching it (a friend played it while i watched.) Red Dead Redemption and borderlands 2 would be 2 others i would happily replay without remembering.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
neonsword13-ops said:
The obvious answer is Persona 4.

I would give anything to hear to that iconic battle tune for the first time again.

And to re-experience all the feels that the game gave me.

Morsomk said:
This has nothing to do with the thread, but I see that you're new here and I would like to say... *clears throat*

Welcome to The Escapist, friend! :D I also wanted to say that I love dat Game Grump "Zigzagoon Used Growl" avatar you got there.

Ohh thanks for that.

Yeah, I probably didn't give a proper answer did I?
But the thing is, if you pick one game and for some people that would be their favorite game they played ages ago, you cannot deny that the experience will be different. The original poster did not mention if you could experience the same experience(lolwut?) that you experienced(ok this is getting silly) back when you first played that game.

What I sort of presumed was the fact that we would be playing this particular game right now, with all of the knowledge of other/similar games that would affect our judgement of the particular game, it would undoubtedly make a lot of difference for some people.
Xenoblade and the two Zelda game that I gave as answer were given because I presumed that this was the question he was asking us.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Mass Effect 3 and then never play it in the first place, Ah a return to the halcyon days of not knowing how much Bioware sucked at everything..

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Fallout 3, I love the capital wasteland but it's no longer enjoyable once you've done everything there is to do. It blew me away when I first played it (was my first RPG)and I'd love to have that again.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
CrazyJew said:
Terramax said:
Grim Fandango. It frustrates me that no-one before has mentioned this game.
You are wrong, CTRL+F it. It frustrates me that you don't Ctrl+F.
OK then, it frustrates me not enough people mentioned it.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Definitely Bioshock. I went into it for the first having already read a pretty good summary of Rapture's history in an article several years beforehand. I'd love the chance to play it with absolutely no knowledge of what the game is about.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Steambot Chronicles. My favorite game of all time. I would give almost anything to replay the game for the first time again.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Morsomk said:
Ohh thanks for that.

Yeah, I probably didn't give a proper answer did I?
But the thing is, if you pick one game and for some people that would be their favorite game they played ages ago, you cannot deny that the experience will be different. The original poster did not mention if you could experience the same experience(lolwut?) that you experienced(ok this is getting silly) back when you first played that game.

What I sort of presumed was the fact that we would be playing this particular game right now, with all of the knowledge of other/similar games that would affect our judgement of the particular game, it would undoubtedly make a lot of difference for some people.
Xenoblade and the two Zelda game that I gave as answer were given because I presumed that this was the question he was asking us.
What? No, no, you're post was just fine. You gave valid reasoning on why you would like to go back and replay Xenoblade and Majora's Mask. That's all well and good.

I probably wasn't being clear enough when I said, "This has nothing to do with the thread-". What I should have said is, "My quote on your opinion has nothing to do with this thread and it's contents."

Misunderstanding out of the way, I actually just wanted to say welcome to our humble corner of the interwebz. That's all. :D