If You Could Have A Mythical creature as a pet , what would it be?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Never heard that aspect of the myth before, as Ive always heard 2 different versions- one that they'd vampirically suck your soul during sex to sustain themselves, or that the Succubi would take the semen from a sleeping male and the Incubi would then inpregnate sleeping women it, with the semen somehow along the way becoming demonically tainted.

If you odnt mind would you mind telling me where you got this version of the myth from? Im always fascinated by new iterations.
Oh, I just use my imagination, I'm afraid. I'm sorry it couldn't be more impressive than that.

But the way I figure it, demonism could be like a disease, you could give it someone, so why not have a pet demon who could "immunise" you to the effects of an otherwise deadly interaction?
That way, she's a sexual partner and not a death trap.

Could also imagine that she eats "sexual energy" and not souls or something, if you like making things less... evil, I suppose.

I've really gone into too much detail on a fictional being now, actually. I worry myself.

Harklen

Jan 27, 2010
As he is not human per se and admits he is of a mythical race i would say Sephiroth....cause he would own all other mythical pets.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
So many to choose from...A succubus to tend to my..."needs" or a Leprechaun to just be a general best mate and accountant? (this all on the basis that as a pet, it would be loyal. no soul sucking or anything of the sort)

I think if I had to pick one, it would just be a gold Labrador sized dragon. Imagine taking that for a walk

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Booze Zombie said:
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Never heard that aspect of the myth before, as Ive always heard 2 different versions- one that they'd vampirically suck your soul during sex to sustain themselves, or that the Succubi would take the semen from a sleeping male and the Incubi would then inpregnate sleeping women it, with the semen somehow along the way becoming demonically tainted.

If you odnt mind would you mind telling me where you got this version of the myth from? Im always fascinated by new iterations.
Oh, I just use my imagination, I'm afraid. I'm sorry it couldn't be more impressive than that.

But the way I figure it, demonism could be like a disease, you could give it someone, so why not have a pet demon who could "immunise" you to the effects of an otherwise deadly interaction?
That way, she's a sexual partner and not a death trap.

Could also imagine that she eats "sexual energy" and not souls or something, if you like making things less... evil, I suppose.

I've really gone into too much detail on a fictional being now, actually. I worry myself.
Ah ok, the twilight problem if youll forgive the slur- thats not how the old stories go- succubi and incubi are very evil, at least in christian mythology where the most complete picture of them is given.
But then again theres the old arguement of mythology being whatever people needing it to be, so meh.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
One that can fly like a unicorn or a griffin. That or the Witch King's flying steed would be pretty bad ass.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
a Griffon, but not the big, ugly, lion-sized ones, one of the little, adorable, kitty-sized ones :D and it can talk and be really witty and sarcastic

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Probably a Dragon, or a Gryphon. A Gryphon more because i think it'd be more willing to let me ride on it. I just like flying things, i suppose. Oh or a Roc! all the fun of a flying creature with the added bonus of being able to build a house on it.

Barring that a Leprechaun or a Gnome.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Ah ok, the twilight problem if youll forgive the slur- thats not how the old stories go- succubi and incubi are very evil, at least in christian mythology where the most complete picture of them is given.
But then again theres the old arguement of mythology being whatever people needing it to be, so meh.
There have been countless versions of succubus and incubus since the originals, which were essentially just tales against seeing shit in the desert.
Essentially, I'd rather them anti-heroes than straight up villains from Hell, because simply it makes a bit more sense.

Vampires don't kill off everything they see because that'd eventually result in a situation where there would be no food left for them; I would like to imagine that whatever path of evolution or magic that resulted in succubus would leave them with that sort of common sense as well.

Whew.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I always thought it'd be cool to have a gryphon. They're more manageable being only horse sized or smaller and you could fly with it. :)

Numbers'85

Feb 6, 2011
Jackalope! I want a jackalope, but who doesn't? ... and hey, I suppose that counts, right? A gryphon or dragon would just scare the bejesus out of me every time I went to pet it, those weird cat-based things are scary and demonic stuff just gives me the willies (blame my Catholic upbringing), but a jackalope? Who doesn't want a hare with antlers to drape tinsel on?

EDIT; Or a real The Stig. But he's kinda real, too. And kinda not.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
A Grizzly bear the size of a house cat. Can you imagine anything is unreasonably adorable?

Other than that a Djinni; my first wish would be
"I wish everything I wrote down on this piece of paper is true"