If you could have one classic arcade game what would it be and why?

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Mine was Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I just got that about a month ago. So now I'm searching for a Ghosts 'N Goblins, that is pretty much the ultimate hardcore game.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Do you mean the game its self (there is Ghost N Goblins for PSP) or the arcade machine. If its the machine I want TMNT the arcade game (so fun.... must put in more QUARTERS!)

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Do you mean the game its self (there is Ghost N Goblins for PSP) or the arcade machine. If its the machine I want TMNT the arcade game (so fun.... must put in more QUARTERS!)
The arcade machine, I've got it for the PSP, there's just something about being able to play it the "old school" way.

TheKbob

Jul 15, 2008
House of the Dead. Yah you get it for Wii, but but I want the big light guns with the clacking reloads and the big experience.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
bluerahjah said:
shatnershaman said:
The arcade machine, I've got it for the PSP, there's just something about being able to play it the "old school" way.
I agree 100% although if someone gets the killscreen in Donkey Kong on an emulator I'm still impressed.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
shatnershaman said:
I agree 100% although if someone gets the killscreen in Donkey Kong on an emulator I'm still impressed.
Definitely, that's an insanely difficult feat, as is a perfect Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man game, mastering Centipede, or another one of my favorites : Wizard of Wor; games nowadays can pretty much be all the same and people will shell out money for them, back in the heydays of the arcade, games had to have substance, a real gameplay factor, and an insane difficulty curve.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
bluerahjah said:
games nowadays can pretty much be all the same and people will shell out money for them, back in the heydays of the arcade, games had to have substance, a real gameplay factor, and an insane difficulty curve.
Hey the old days weren't perfect there were MANY side scrolling shoot the aliens games.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
If you mean having the actual arcade machine, I truly can't say...

Crisis Zone would be fun. Afterburner III with the moving seat, 2-player dual-joystick Virtua-ON is always fun, and I'd love Gauntlet Legends.

Ultimately I'd probably have to go with a full 4-player bank of Tokyo Wars, that wicked tank game.
There's a Gauntlet Legends right around the corner from me for $149.

Aerach

Aug 7, 2008
House of the Dead and Time Crisis for sure, Crazy Taxi is pretty chill too though. I need to go to an Arcade one of these days.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Star Wars Arcade, the original wireframe one. I'd probably never leave the house again, but I don't think I'd care :)

Feb 13, 2008
I'd go for the Doctor Who Pinball Machine; or the Addams Family one. But I'd still be looking over Strafe's shoulder at times.