If you could make ONE change to a game, what would it be?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Random EA game: I would make a chance that when you start the game it would crash and causes your computer to explode. After all the lawsuits EA will cease to exist.

Mission accomplished.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Don't say ME3's ending, don't say ME3's ending, don't-

Rodin_d said:
Change Mass Effect 3's ending.
Well, I didn't say it, so yay me.

First thing that came to mind (other than that) is to make Pokemon Black/White 2's Elite Four Champion Adler again. I HATE IRIS SO MUCH. She's useless to the story (whereas past Champions actually show up throughout the main story and help you out with the bad guys, give you something to do, give you an item, talk to you about whatever, and so forth, whereas all Iris did was tell you where the sewers were. THANKS IRIS, IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU AND THE OTHER FIVE PEOPLE WHO TOLD ME WHERE IT WAS, I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT A LOSS.), her team theme has been done before, she's annoying and childish, and her Champion design is asstarted.
That does not say Champion. That tells me she is five, and it's time for her to put down the juice box and to go take her nap now.

Her battle theme also sucks balls (then again, Adler's wasn't much better).

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
BF3-Commander
ME2-Mako
ME3 Ending-Shepard fills the Mako with explosives, somehow drives into a Reaper Queen (or controller, still less of a maguffin than what they shipped with)
BF4-Commander
Pac Man-Jump button
Alan Wake-New Game + where you play from Barry's point of view

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
sextus the crazy said:
Get rid of the repetitive grind in Far Cry 2. I don't want to have to fight at every fucking checkpoint.
I actually preferred that to Far Cry 3's "clear all outposts, lose all challenge" method. The respawning enemies glitch in FC2 made it really tense pretty much 100% of the time.

OT: Bayonetta. Take those two stages that have nothing to do with H&S gameplay (that go on for way too long) and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Dark Souls. Add a pause menu. Some of us have lives... and we also have to pee. Blasphemous I know. Should just hand in my "hardcore gamer" card this very instant.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Dark Souls - Ability to start a new character with items from current character, but locked until same level.
Eh, that wouldn't really work for people who focus on one primary character for a hundred hours or so and then make a secondary one. In the time it would take you to reach the same level, you'd likely find all of the items again anyway since a large number aren't completely random or with abysmal drop rates.

krazykidd said:
I would make Sim city an offline game .
I almost expected somebody would ninja mine, but I suppose nobody here actually plays the game anyway so this is the closest we get.

I'd give Diablo III an offline mode. Yeah, I know, everyone bitched about that to begin with but for me it's not just because "URGH ALWAYS-ONLINE SUXORZ!" In fact, their servers are pretty much perfect and the only time I get any issues at all is when my own internet is flipping tables. But the fact of the matter is that I hardly ever actually play the game with anybody else, and I like to surf the web on my secondary laptop while playing games, so it's a bit of an inconvenience to my first-world problems here. EDIT: Because I don't have any functioning wireless internet, so I have to switch cables around whenever I want something connected to the internet.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Nerf magic in Dark souls.

"Oh what's that you're a warrior? Well I'm a little **** who is too afraid to engage in combat so I spam dark bead, crystal soul spear and all the pursuers whenever you get close. Oh and I have fast roll + ninja flip ring so I can run/flip away like a ***** as well"

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
FFP2 said:
sextus the crazy said:
Get rid of the repetitive grind in Far Cry 2. I don't want to have to fight at every fucking checkpoint.
I actually preferred that to Far Cry 3's "clear all outposts, lose all challenge" method. The respawning enemies glitch in FC2 made it really tense pretty much 100% of the time.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if there was a least a sizable downtime. I hated having to fight again at an outpost I cleared 5 minutes ago.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Skyrim- The bugs. Oh my God, the bugs. Particularly the one that makes you crash to desktop if you so much as look at it the wrong way.

Dragon's Dogma- I want a faster mode of transportation. I'm not talking fast travel, I mean something like horses or a cart. Heck, let me ride a cow to victory and I would be happy.

Dragon Age 2- I want the interactions with your companions to be a bit more involved and drawn out (similar to DA:O). Especially with those who were romance options, although I love the characters it felt a bit shallow and rushed to have only a few conversations, a character specific mission and then "sexytimes".

Also there's one other thing I would change about DA2, this is going to sound shallow but bear with me. I want to see one of the male love interests without a shirt. If we get to see Merrill and Isabella in their skivvies then it's only fair.

Captcha: English Muffin (Dammit, Captcha, now I'm craving english muffins.)

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'd have the soldier's in Dynasty Warriors actually move towards important areas, or at least give the player the ability to direct their movements. It's so annoying when the game tells me that the enemy is taking over an area, and I have like 200 guys just standing on the opposite end of the map. It'd definitely make the whole thing feel more involving than just killing hundreds of soldiers.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Mareon said:
I also have one for Red Dead Redemption.

Add a 'Hardcore mode' - a la Fallout New Vegas.

At first I was going to say, remove health regeneration (Since I hate this mechanic and honestly feel like it can ruin a game), but then I began to think, that the game would've been so much more awesome to me if it went that extra mile to really be a Cowboy Simulator. RDR was more to me than just a sandbox game. The way it gave off that authentic western vibe was just begging for a 'hardcore mode' to top it all off.

Things like...

-No regenerating health! John would actually need to stock up on healing items. Which would make hunting a more rewarding activity.

-No fast travel by camp. You either ride to your destination, or pay for a carriage or take the train.

-Money is much harder to come by. Again, making hunting a more rewarding activity. Or make being a criminal a more sensible option.

-Ammo is much harder to come by. Requiring you to pay regular visits to stores.

-Be hydrated, be rested, be nourished, be cool. John could be prone to fatigue, hunger, thirst, and heat exhaustion. Each of which could impact his accuracy/dead eye refill/maximum health. Take water with you and food with you, rest up when you can, and dress appropriately for long rides ahead. Or you could ride by night, or in the rain.

^This mode could be carried over to Undead Nightmare, turning it into a real case of zombie survival!

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
Dishonoured: remove those god damn mission markers pointing you which way to go. Seriously now, the game is effectively ruined by the game showing you how to complete your objective and holding your hand along the way!

Me: Alright! I gotta find a key to this gate!
Dishonoured: Why it's over here my good man!

Me: Alright, I have to sneak into this building... Lets plan this out, scope out the building, uncover some intelligence, learn the patrol paths of the...
Dishonoured: There's a sewer entrance over here my friend, or if you prefer, over there is an attic entrance, you could jump the fence over here. Or if you prefer, there's a guard over here holding the key to the back door.

GAH! I want to discover things for myself damnit!

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Dark Souls - Ability to start a new character with items from current character, but locked until same level.
Eh, that wouldn't really work for people who focus on one primary character for a hundred hours or so and then make a secondary one. In the time it would take you to reach the same level, you'd likely find all of the items again anyway since a large number aren't completely random or with abysmal drop rates.
I don't care about people who get to level 400 and decide they want to try a different character. I'm trying to rememdy PvP on consoles. This would allow someone who does a lower level run to outfit any number of builds they want without unnecessary grinding. I'm not trying to make the early game easier, which is why something would have to make sure you only get what you earnt. While it isn't that hard to happen upon the weapon you need, upgrading it is a pain. You'd still have to beat the Four Kings if you wanted to invade, but it would make risky builds a little more viable. No use making a build on the PS3 with 50 Faith and finding out 30 would have been better.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
R.Nevermore said:
Dishonoured: remove those god damn mission markers pointing you which way to go. Seriously now, the game is effectively ruined by the game showing you how to complete your objective and holding your hand along the way!

Me: Alright! I gotta find a key to this gate!
Dishonoured: Why it's over here my good man!

Me: Alright, I have to sneak into this building... Lets plan this out, scope out the building, uncover some intelligence, learn the patrol paths of the...
Dishonoured: There's a sewer entrance over here my friend, or if you prefer, over there is an attic entrance, you could jump the fence over here. Or if you prefer, there's a guard over here holding the key to the back door.

GAH! I want to discover things for myself damnit!
You can turn them off, y'know :p I played the whole game without any objective markers. I don't think the game itself ever tells you they can be turned off, though. I only know because I read it in a preview.

OT: I'd remove the combat from Planescape: Torment effectively turning it into an adventure game.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
R.Nevermore said:
There's an option in the menu to turn them off, under 'General'\'User Interface'.

At least on the PC version...

MeChaNiZ3D said:
shrekfan246 said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
I don't care about people who get to level 400 and decide they want to try a different character. I'm trying to rememdy PvP on consoles. This would allow someone who does a lower level run to outfit any number of builds they want without unnecessary grinding. I'm not trying to make the early game easier, which is why something would have to make sure you only get what you earnt. While it isn't that hard to happen upon the weapon you need, upgrading it is a pain. You'd still have to beat the Four Kings if you wanted to invade, but it would make risky builds a little more viable. No use making a build on the PS3 with 50 Faith and finding out 30 would have been better.
Way to take it to the extreme there.

But I guess I don't have a leg to stand on, since I don't connect to the internet when I play. I don't like PvP at the best of times, so combine it with people who hack, dupe, and exploit glitches to ruin low-level players 'for teh lulz' and it's a perfect recipe for me not participating.

I expect people would still manage to find a way around artificial level requirements, though. They always break every other system of gating.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
sextus the crazy said:
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if there was a least a sizable downtime. I hated having to fight again at an outpost I cleared 5 minutes ago.
Agreed. It pissed me off immensely in the first half. You unlock the good weapons after a while so they don't stay a problem.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
King of Asgaard said:
krazykidd said:
I would make Ni no kuni treat me less like a child . Seriously , it carries me as if i was a fucking newborn.
YES! Someone else who noticed and is sick of it! /brofist
I probably would have loved Ni No Kuni had it not treated the player like a go-damned idiot from the first moment you get to the Other World. It's a shame too, because it is a downright beautiful game, with a fantastic soundtrack and interesting game mechanics, but it drops the ball with the way the story is told so badly that it fucks up the whole experience. ARGH!

Captcha: very nice
The captcha's just messing with me now.
The game is a has what is basically a 15 hour tutorial but yet reviewers gave it a 8/9/10 barring the odd one who dint jump on the band wagon
I can this of another rpg that did that and got complete destroyed by reviews for it.

Anyways, I'd change the way pawns who in dragons dogma so they do what you actually want.
Example: sorcerers should use their spells more than one every 3 minutes.
Or warriors that actually fight and don't cower behind there ranged allies.