If you could pick any 1 game to have a complete next gen HD overhaul..

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
I would like to see a "BLACK" overhaul, pretty much the game with the best graphics on PS2 and Xbox, and not just that, it also had a great story (The story is told like the one in BF3, but better)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Persona 4, of course.
Add in some better animations, make the 3D models+faces emote better, remove the weird motion blur, update the textures and framerate and then boom:
Perfect game.

Samurai Rabbit

Apr 2, 2011
Gladius.

You could have a gladiator school with Yetis and Minotaurs!

Underrated and criminally not on XBLA, PSN, or Steam when countless inferior games of the same era are.

Lucas Arts should make this happen, it's one of the few good games they have put their logo on.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Winterfel said:
Mystical Ninja Starring: Goemon

Other than that these should atleast get a hd release :/
Baten Kaitos
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Pokemon yellow/crystal
tLoZ: Majora's Mask
Final Fantasy 7-9
Red Alert 1-2
Megaman X 1-3
DKC 1-3
Goldeneye (64)

Sure might be one hell of a list.. but I can always dream!
While I do agree with all of those titles listed I think I should point out one thing. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is already confirmed for a HD release.

OT: I second the list above, but I want to add Skies of Arcadia to it. One of my favourite games of all time.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Timesplitters franchise, assuming they can be packaged together as a HD collection. Otherwise, Timesplitters 2.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Either LOZ: Majora's Mask (I'm not the only one) or Morrowind. Both are amazing classics that everyone should play, but they're not exactly aging well... A next gen overhaul would allow a new generation to experience the awesomeness of those games.

Edit: 1000th post, awesome :D

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
System Shock 2
Super Metroid
Grim Fandango. Or at least re-release it somehow in its original form!

Captcha: Don't stop

Easy there, you're starting to freak me out.

Jorec

Jul 7, 2010
Legend of Dragoon.

Who doesn't want to see Lavitz and his SPINNING CANE in glorious HD?

l0ckd0wn

Jul 17, 2012
Ipsen said:
Surprised Final Fantasy 7 hasn't come up yet. Too obvious?

My vote is for Chrono Cross. If not just to drum up more substantial demand for a sequel of some sort.
I was surprised the FF7 wasn't mentioned either, and Chrono Cross is a good suggestion too!

My vote would be for Theif 2: Metal Age and my other hope is actually getting a HD overhaul already; Doom 3.

A few others which would give me huge leaps for joy, going way back to NES: Faxanadu, Original 3 Castlevania games (I, II: Simon's Quest, III: Dracula's Curse) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore.

subtlefuge said:
And to go along with that, Super Mario World would be awesome, although Jim's scathing historical review of Mario seems to come to mind.

lacktheknack said:
OT: Daggerfall. It would take several hundred thousand people and TERABYTES of memory to get up to current standards, but it would be WORTH it, dammit!
Daggerfall would be absolutely amazing redone, although like you said, would be so epicly huge it would take exponentially longer than Skyrim has for development.

Unsilenced said:
Morrowind, hands down. Especially if they updated the combat as well.
I think if they started over with today's graphics, and redid the entire series from Arena, it would mark the most bought RPG series ever, possibly eclipsing the FF franchise in time. I just can't fathom seeing Arena or Daggerfall with even Morrowind level graphics... Skyrim graphics? Head blown, bleeding from the ears...

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
Well, I *was* just going to say Jade Empire and Psychonauts, but now that it's been brought up, I guess I have to second a few more.

Morrowind on the Skyrim engine would be downright legendary.

Knights of the Old Republic... 'nuff said.

Also, the entire Legacy of Kain series.

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
I would say Final Fantasy VII, but I'm afraid someone from square would would know someone is wanting a HD remake somewhere in the world and put it off even longer. So I'm gonna go with Kingdom Hearts 2.

Captch: Heads up. Thanks for being positive for us captch.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
So many suggestions I already agree with...

Personally though, Neverwinter Nights.

Couldnt care less about the single player, but the multiplayer still stands out to me as unique. Its just too bad thats its too long in the tooth these days.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
DeeWiz said:
Adevent Rising, a great game that was held back in it's ambitions by the lack of technology. If it had had a better engine - Source or better - and 6 month of polish I am certain it would be considered a classic.
Fuck that... no HD upgrade. How about the rest of the fucking story instead?

For me, the first Silent Hill but keep all the sounds and camera angles.

A close runner up would be Super Ghouls and Ghosts. That was a phenomenal game that already looked great but would be another game worth playing all over again.

A distant third would be the original Contra. Again, leave the control and everything intact but make it less of an eye sore.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Baron_Rouge said:
Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
You know, I was about to say this too but then i think back and, really, the graphics still hold up pretty darn well, even today. Now, if they reinstated the online functionality for it, I would be ALL OVER that.

Other than that one, I would say... Mechwarrior 3. VERY under appreciated game in the Mechwarrior series if I do say so myself.

XZ2005_A

Aug 3, 2011
Morrowind. Don't touch the mechanics, don't change any of the gameplay, just make it pretty. And then I will love you again, Bethesda.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Star Control 2, a great space opera adventure, unique lore and open galaxy exploration, that even had a 3D0 version that was fully voiced and higher quality than the DOS version. But after a disappointing sequel the game series was just forgotten about.

To take the same plot but just update the graphics and improve gameplay would be an amazing thing.