If you could remove any one insect species from Earth...

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rastelin said:
BathorysGraveland said:
The rest of the journey then becomes uneasy as I'm not sure if the spider is still on me... hiding somewhere.
And watching you... Always watching you.
and plotting and waiting. for.just.the.right. moment o.o

but my choice?

+1 to the mosquito haters, cause .... what the fuck good are they. what ever eats them, probably eats something else to, if there was 1 bug we could safely be rid of its probably them

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
Not really an insect but fuck millipedes. I don't really care much about other insects. But millipedes/centipedes are so creepy with their dozens to hundreds of legs. Not to mention that most are poisonous. The day I see a millipede or a centipede out in the wild or out of a cage is the day I will scream like a little girl.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Upbeat Zombie said:
AHH, burn it with fire!!!
Just kill-it-kill-it-kill-it!!!

For me mosquitoes, why, when they bite, I have to scratch the hell out of myself.

No fun at all.

For the rest of the insects...

BURN THEM WITH FIRE!

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Seeing how I go camping a lot the first two that came to mind were mosquitoes and ticks.

On one two-day trip I got roughly 50 mosquito bites--and that's probably alittle low.
But mosquitoes aren't, especially if you know how to avoid them.

Ticks, on the other hand, are like burgarlers. You always lock up to prevent them getting to you, but you never really know how many bites are avioded.
I'd really say ticks though just so I don't have to think about them anymore.

Bees, wasps, and spiders are also easy to avoid

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Hm... already on page two, eh? And not one mention of a common icky critter yet? Interesting.

Well, most of the good answers have been taken so I'm just gonna imagine that with all of us combined, we can slowly but surely eliminate the species mentioned here one by one.

That being said, I'm gonna be the first person to say...

Cockroaches. Also known as water bugs. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them so much. They're gross and big and fat and make my skin crawl. Gauugggh! *shudders*

It turns out, they originate from tropical lands so the cold is not their friend. We can just freeze all the little fuckers and stuff. Murder them. Murder them all.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Well, apart from the obvious wasp, I'll go with the Tipuloidea(apparently the only English word ._o).
They are harmless, but I've been extremely afraid of them since I had one "attack" me as a little kid. On the summer they always manage to sneak into my bedroom and pester me during the nights.

ThatPurpleGuy

Feb 4, 2010
I can't believe noone has said cockroaches. There is no more disgusting creature on this earth as those things. They are the one insect that make me jump or get out of the way in fright even though I know they don't hurt or bite at all. There is just something so alien about them. I mean I even hate killing them as you get that horrible 'crunch'. Don't even get me started on the ones that can fly. I think these are recent because I never seen them as a kid but over the last few years I have noticed more flying ones. I don't actually think they really 'fly' but just use their wings to do huge jumps.

I know others have said but yeah also wasps. These are the true bastards of nature that will just attack for the fun of it. Its almost like they can sense fear. Here in Aus where I live in Sydney we have had heaps this summer. They are those big ones with round bodies that just sort of hover in an up and down motion. They also have bright yellow on them which makes them look even scarier

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Mosquitoes are the worst. I wouldn't even mind the bites if it weren't for that horrible fucking noise they make that keeps me awake at night. Fine, suck my blood, but do it quietly you useless sack of shit.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Flies. Bee's and wasp I can deal with because they wander into my room from the garden, have a gander, the fly back out the way they came.

Flies no matter the size, however, fly in with perfect accuracy through a tiny gap in the window at high speed, slam into my opposing wall, circle my room at all altitudes for what seems like an age (sometimes glancing off the window pane completely missing the gap) until I either crush the bastards or open the windows which they still fail to pass through for at least another 5 minutes.

I HATE FLIES. Gives me a reason to keep my room clean though... Well, at least it should :S

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Bluebottles. I would've chosen mosquitos but they're almost useless against my near-immunity to malaria.

Bluebottles, though... they serve no real purpose. Their only goal is to annoy the fuck out of you and fail completely at grasping the concept of windows. If you didn't fly through it the first time what makes you think you will in the next seventeen times?

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Mosquitoes.

Useless little shits deserve to all die. They exist for no purpose and kill a large amount of humans every year, while also being massively annoying.

After we've fixed the mosquito problem, we shall next move on to developing a biological weapon (Virus? Bacteria?) to kill all the fleas and ticks.

Make it happen and the entire world would throw their money at you in thanks.

Not sure why so many people hate wasps and spiders.
Leave both alone and they'll be total bros, fucking up the other little insect bastards you hate and generally being cool.
Wasps not so much, but the best example of this is when you're an Australian like i am.

The Huntsman spider is a massive, scary looking thing and every time i find that one has decided it would like to set up shop and live in my room or kitchen, i am so incredibly happy. They hunt down and brutally murder EVERY other insect that i hate, and you can pick them up and relocate them with your bare hands. Huntsmans are absolute bros and i actively go out of my way to ensure i don't harm them, to the point where if a fly is buzzing around my room while a hunstman is around, i won't use sprays to kill it.

Now, redbacks, funnelwebs and white-tails on the other hand?
Fuck them. Fuck them all with a rake and then burn their corpses.

Actually, you guys that hate spiders and wasps... What do you do when you come across spiderwasps?

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Spiders. Fuck spiders.

I have a horror story about being bitten by one. They didn't bother me before that, but now...UGH!

ThatPurpleGuy

Feb 4, 2010
teqrevisited said:
Bluebottles. I would've chosen mosquitos but they're almost useless against my near-immunity to malaria.

Bluebottles, though... they serve no real purpose. Their only goal is to annoy the fuck out of you and fail completely at grasping the concept of windows. If you didn't fly through it the first time what makes you think you will in the next seventeen times?
Not an insect.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
ThatPurpleGuy said:
teqrevisited said:

Not an insect.
No explanation or source?

"Calliphoridae (commonly known as blow-flies, carrion flies, bluebottles, greenbottles, or cluster flies) are insects in the Order Diptera, family Calliphoridae." -Wiki.

At least I didn't say spiders. I hate those things more.

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
I'm very, very scared of ticks, so these buggers can go buuuurn for what they did to everyone.