If you could tame and domesticate one exotic animal.....

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Mortai Gravesend said:
Alright, you've made your point. Dragons apparently double as golden egg laying geese.
That is a good point. Can I change my answer to golden-egg laying geese? Although an important question to you is if you want an Asian dragon or a western dragon.

Rakun Man

Oct 18, 2009
Golden Eagle.
Air superiority? Check.
Water superiority? Check.
Land superiority? Check.
Space superiority? Check.

Remember the Golden rule: Don't mess with an eagle.

Captcha: narrow-minded. (Looks at post) ...Nah.

RicoGrey

Oct 27, 2009
Well if we are going to go with made up animals, then I want a female humobo. It has a human female body, but the mind of a bonobo.

OOOHH, no no, I want a chamhumoboleon, so it can change colors.

Actually, I would only be happy if I could get 2 of those.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I would tame a Hippopotomus.

I dont know why, itd cost me a fortune in food and water plus they are super dangerous....but I want one.

The danger thing isnt an issue here because we are taming these animals with magical mind control right?

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
I would tame a Blue Whale. Biggest is best. I would ride it like a boat and it would let me throw parties on its back and we would ride inside and pretend we are reenacting pinochio...

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Eagle? Wolf? .....one of each

Kinda hard to think of an animal that hasnt been kept as a pet before. Other than the extinct ones that is.

Vault101 said:
madwarper said:
Does a Siberian fox count? They're already domesticated/tame.
not the same thing but I was going to say Arctic fox

because I LOVE those little guys
Foxes are real popular in Russia. Cute little things they are.

The arctic fox is classed as a "prohibited new organism" under New Zealand's Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 preventing it from being imported into the country.
.........dammit

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Polar Bear.
Then there would actually be a polar bear walking around in the streets of Finland.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Since dragons, fictional creatures, have appeared in this thread, I'd like to own a Rathalos. Basically the same as a dragon, only this one just won't FUCKING die.
Alternatively, a Balrog, because why not.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
i dont think anyone will mess with me once i have one of these

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Weresquirrel said:

While it is tempting to have a huge badass animal, I want something a little more manageable.
It's actually pretty easy to keep a group of marmosets as pets. As long as you have the appropriate license for your country. But they stink, must warn you. And they piss on you to make you recognisable... Good luck with that.

Me, since I've worked with all kinds of weird and wonderful creatures I know what would make a good pet and what really wouldn't. But I'd love a domesticated black bear. The hugs man, think of the hugs...

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I wouldn't tame or domesticate it but having a wolf as a companion in the struggle for survival in a rainforest all own my own would be awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
A Komodo Dragon, just as long I can train it to not lick me at all due to their deadly silava containing full of bacteria.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
crudus said:
That is a good point. Can I change my answer to golden-egg laying geese? Although an important question to you is if you want an Asian dragon or a western dragon.
Yea... that's really not a tough call.

What would you rather have as a pet? A giant fire-breathing lizard, or a fucking elemental force of nature with damn near god-like abilities?

Hint: If you picked the first one, you're wrong.

OT: If restricted to real animals, I'd get a tiger for sure. Or a velociraptor if we're allowed to go for dinosaurs.

If we can bring fiction into it, I'd probably go with either a Foo dog or War's horse in Darksiders.