if you found an nude girl on the gorund (morality question)

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Odbarc said:
Um, if she's under a blanket, how do I know she's naked?
In the corner there is a basket and a blanket under which there is a cat, how do I know there is a cat under the blanket? Because I described a scenario in which there is a cat under the blanket. If there is isn't cat under the blanket, then it would be a different scenario.
Don't you read books, screenplays, scripts? Like literature in general. I would assume that everyone knows what setting a scenario means, apparently I am wrong to assume that people have general understanding of literature in general.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Psycho Cat Industries said:
Simple,walk away.It ain't any of my business and since it is a "girl",she'd be like 12 so I am kind of disturbed by the phrasing.I don't know who she is,she could be here by choice.She'd probably run away and more than likely wouldn't want to see such authorities as I could present to help her.Its her choice to be there and I don't know her.What is there to help with if a situation without conflict in such a manner exists?
"Girl" is anyone under 26 in my book. The word you're thinking of is "little girl". Above 26, it's "woman". And then once you turn into a twat bag you refer to the whole bunch as "females".

Daddy Go Bot said:
Eat her out with a bit of mustard and Jim Carrey her to the cemetery to bury her.
Obviously the only serious answer here. Forgot to check for cameras though; rookie mistake.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
What's the gorund?

Take her somewhere where there is a phone. Call police/hospital whichever is more pressing. Then go home knowing I've gained some karma.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Leave 'er. It's none of my business, and I don't want to get caught up in the potential shitstorm that would result from her waking up with me nearby. Can you say "scapegoat"? Because she can.

invadergir

May 29, 2008
IrishAdams said:
I would probably pick her up and carry her home, is that weird? I mean if I couldn't wake her and there was no way to get help unless I left her, then I would probably take her home, and if I had a girlfriend in this scenario, my choice would not change.

I would take her home and place her in my bed, trying to be as gentle as possible, I would then check her fever and signs for any problems she might have, like if she was breathing I guess. I'm not sure if I would call an ambulance or anything, she might not want that, and I wouldn't act unless she seemed she was in critical condition or she asked me to call.

I would then nurse her back to health :) and give her my cloths.
Cree-py

Miss_Niktea

Apr 24, 2011
Well, I wouldn't be able to carry her anywhere so I would probably ask someone else to cary her to the hospital and maybe stay to be sure he did everything alright.

Btw, how would that change if it was a man not woman?

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
The first thing i'd do is go over to her and check her heartbeat, breathing and if she has any injuries.

If she's breathing and 'pulsing' fine, take her back to mine, get her some cloths, wrap her up warm and wait till she wakes up.

if not do some CPR to try and revive her or if that fails take her to a hospital. Give her my shirt to cover her up as there's no time to get home etc. Tell the doctors what happened and wait there till she wakes up, or revisit each day if shes unconscious for more than a few hours.

When she wakes up make sure she's ok, tell her where i found her and what i did, calm her down if she's hysterical. Ask her what happened and if she wants a life home etc.

If all goes well there's nothing wrong with giving her your phone number and telling her that taking you out for coffee is the least she could do for all your help (in a light hearted jokey way of course =P)

PS: in this scenario i don't have a girlfriend, but if i did, i'd probably still do the same but keep the girl as a mate and introduce her to my gf, if things got wierd id sort them out but you never know, might get a 3 some out of it =P

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I'd wrap her up in the blacket properly and do my best to get her to the nearest civiliation. I'm assuming in this senario I have my car, so I'd be able to drive her. If I've got no phone and don't know where the nearest hospital is, I'd stop off and borrow a phone to call 999. I'd probably follow the ambelance to the hospital to make sure she was ok or at least was being looked after.

(Also, in this senario, I have a boyfriend, cos I'm a female, and I'd probably try and drop him a message somehow to let him know where I am).

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
What the fuck is Gorund?

Carry her to a police station, or call the police. Something like that.

achilleas.k

Apr 11, 2009
I find the fact that the creator of the scenario stressed the importance of the attractiveness and gender of the "victim" more interesting than any of the answers that may be posted here.

Why would the question be any different if it was phrased as follows?
if you found

a person,
nude with just a blanket on top off him/her,
on the gorund outside,
and wont wake up,
[...]
Why would anyone's reaction/decision be ANY different?

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
ZeZZZZevy said:
check for a pulse (you didn't say if she was dead or not)
It doesn't really make a difference either way. You would still be expected to have sex with her find a way to contact emergency services.

achilleas.k said:
if you found

a person,
nude with just a blanket on top off him/her,
on the gorund outside,
and wont wake up,
[...]
Why would anyone's reaction/decision be ANY different?
No, you're right. It would be exactly the same. Everyone would still be wondering what the hell a "gorund" is.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Dr Snakeman said:
AccursedTheory said:
Cover her in jacket, carry to Police Station/Hospital.

Seriously, is there really another answer?
This. Honestly, if you do something else, you are probably a terrible person.
So everybody who has the slightest idea about what to do with a probable spinal injury is a terrible person?

Idiots with the idea that everything can be solved by picking up the injured person and running to the hospital with them like in the movies are the leading cause of paralysis during car accidents, falls from heights, disaster relief and basically anything that may cause such injuries.

jamesmax

Aug 25, 2009
ok wow i used the girlfrend thing because you found a girl if you had a boyfrend and found a girl you would not be as hesitant to bring her home not because i was thinking your all straight males also i got the idea form bleach ep 317 and kons a straight male.

The amount of grammar nazis at this site baffles me like DAM here if your a grammar nazis wach this and lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
Engarde said:
Zanakanishi said:
Engarde said:
Do you honestly expect you will get a serious answer of anything other than help her? This doesn't seem like the kind of place for that...
There is a blacksheep in every comunity.. amongst all you goody goody gamers, there is bound to be "someone" that would do what you were all thinking deep down, you know, that thought that is creeping around behind your forced veiws of doing what society would consider the right thing... if you ignore what the world would WANT you to do, and let that little thing creeping around in the back of your head come out to play... the world would deffinatly be a... more interesting place.

But hey! no one could seriously think like that right? surely thats just impossible.
What I meant was even someone who thinks that may or may not post as they will be the blacksheep and such conduct could be frowned upon. I probably wouldn't bother if I felt so. I certainly didn't mean to discredit everyone else's views, but most people consider helping the right thing to do, though that may or may not be practical, as is being discussed.
Yeah this post is a bit (like a month) late.. but thats not important, I see what you are talking about, but helping people is not always the primary motive, even some motives in this thread that appeared nice were, infact selfish (mainly the people that wish for a relationship afterwards) even they don't do it JUST because it's the right thing.. they do it because they wish for something in return, (the selfish part) see, my point from the very start was people are selfish and want to do things for themselves before helping others... THEN the second motive behind it is because they may feel it's what they are expected to do... do you see where i'm going with this? I may or may not think like this, obviously. :)