If you had nearly an unlimited supply of money...

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
What wouldn't I do?

Resolve all my debts, learn to drive in a class finally--I'd much prefer a school thing than someone I know teaching me... I need the schedule, buy a car or two, buy books, a book shelf, some merchandise, eat out daily or weekly... oh the good times.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
A small, trailer home out in a rural area. It seems normal enough, but there's a closet in the home that goes down to an underground bunker. In the bunker there will be, but not limited to, a gun range, a large kitchen, large bedroom, a huge garage with every sports car ever featured on Top Gear, a large racing track, a movie theater, and one of those pianos off the movie Big.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Alright, so first off I'm going to buy every game I've ever wanted. Next, order a giant castle to be made in my honor with a statue of me out front. And then I would call up all of the writers and film directors I've ever wanted to meet and either praise them for their work or yell at them because of how much I hated their work.

And then I would give J.K. Rowling a phone call and nervously blurt out something like I have more money than her before slamming the phone down and running away.

Or maybe I would just donate money to end world hunger or something. I don't know.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Finish college, pay back my parents, then build my man-house, then pursue my goal of learning everything I can.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Whenever people cut me off in traffic, park stupidly, or generally be an idiot, I would hit them. On purpose. Hard, but not hard enough to kill them. If they took up two parking spaces, well, I would move their car through sheer brute force. If that required going out and buying myself a brand new tank, I would do it.

Just to make a point.

Other than that, probably something along the lines of private space exploration company, some rather intense research in to cloning and integrating the human nervous system with a computer so I could clone myself then put my consciousness in to other bodies, making myself immortal. Also, I would buy myself a nice, not-too-big mansion in the mountains, next to a lake with lots and lots of room. Actually, I would just buy Wellington Lake [http://maps.google.com/maps?pq=wellington+lake&hl=en&cp=16&gs_id=8&xhr=t&q=wellington+lake+colorado&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS406US406&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x876b6af81e6e4f01:0x82e218ea0d780313,Wellington+Lake&gl=us&ei=MZsvTu6uLIyisAP21tQN&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA] and build myself a mansion there, open the rest of it to camping again (long story about stupid counties and their tax bullshit to go along with that), and make my living writing books.

Maybe a bit of world domination in there too. You never know.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Fight crime, probably not personally but secretly fund wannabe superheroes all over the world. Kind of like Batman inc, without risking my life.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
...nearly infinite? Please explain how that would work.

But honestly, I would feel bad for being rich. I would always feel terrible if I got rich. So I would donate all money except for an average income - if I was rich, the last person who needs money is myself. So I would give it to people who need it, donate to charities etc.

For myself, though, I would make some one off purchases. For me, right now, I would spend it on rent for a one bedroom apartment, so I can move out and live by myself. I would buy recording equipment and decent musical instruments so I can write music. And I honestly don't know what else

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
First thought that comes to my mind is making a private community. I'll probably buy little other things first, like every game I want and the best computer ever.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Haseo21 said:
Did you not read the part where I put "given the value of whatever currency your using isn't affected" ?
Sure I did... but it's a nonsensical comment. Unlimited supplies of money are fairly easy to come up with. Look at pretty much any 3rd world dictatorship-type county.

Positing an infinite money supply without devaluation is a lot like saying "so what art works would you go look at if you've just lost your sight" - i.e. nonsense.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
Pay off for college, or perhaps just buy necessary books and instruction for myself. Spend several more years as a student - variety of subjects. Game theory, archaeology, political thought, the like. Buy a penthouse in Manhattan, that would be heaven, though I might consider a move to London, Copenhagen or Riga instead, especially if I take the private study route. From there, I proceed to use my wealth to fund whatever historical inquiry or archaeological expedition I want. Maybe invest in some technologies - America knows it can use infrastructure upgrades, and I wouldn't mind serving up the money and putting it in areas the private sector won't touch, or has bastardized to an extreme, places like veteran healthcare or high speed rail.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Lawyer105 said:
Haseo21 said:
Did you not read the part where I put "given the value of whatever currency your using isn't affected" ?
Sure I did... but it's a nonsensical comment. Unlimited supplies of money are fairly easy to come up with. Look at pretty much any 3rd world dictatorship-type county.

Positing an infinite money supply without devaluation is a lot like saying "so what art works would you go look at if you've just lost your sight" - i.e. nonsense.
Why does it have to be that complicated in the first place? Its just a fun question thread, I have no idea why anyone would be so anal about this, loosen up.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Finish all my works(includes stories, mangas, and abriged series') make sure my mother never has to work again, have my father's business become a franchise, build a functional Wing Gundam, travel places, get a nice house, pay for my brother's wedding, get those video games i want...i don't know this might be to costly.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Nearly infinite? well pretending for a second that it dosent destabilise the world economy I would build loads of hospitals and schools then give everyone enough money to live peacefully and comfortably with one child for 50 years then after completing my secret death ray weapon destroy the world or more if possible just because I could.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
A stupidly powerful Computer.

And
Enough money donated to get Pandemic back up and running. (Star Wars Battlefront III in mind)

Everything else will be spent on Games and essentials.

NinjaCatStudios

Mar 30, 2011
Launch a massive space program to find more supplies for the earth (fuel, metals etc)
Then I would set up a massive space turbine industry.

After I'm done with the world renewing stuff, I'd build a huge-ass mansion on my own synthetic Island.

One room would consist of a badd-ass massive gaming PC the size of a small cinema.

CAPTCHA:
a bunch of fives
that's what I have in ma' pockets, yeah!!

Dolos

Mar 10, 2011
since im only 17 i would put that money into multiple banks and wait about 20 years. then only spend a little at a time. after i die give it all to a charity that won me over.

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
Well, first, I would ensure that my friends and family would never have to work a day in their lives again, as well as buying a summer/autumn/winter/spring home in Japan. Of course, there is also the task of buying every material possession I could ever want, as well as my mobile suit R&D facilities.

Oh, and solve world hunger of some BS like that.