If you had the choice of being in a relationship, would you?

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
We'll a relationship is anything thathas two things relating. Im in a relation ship with my bus driver, teacher, mum and all my friends... but yes I would be in an intimate relationship if I had the choice.

I just love nitpicking.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I am currently in a relationship, but at a crossroads at present of where we both go at this point. Certain things have cropped up that affect us both.

But in answer to the op's question, if I were single then I would have a relationship, it's always nice to have someone there to share things with and to just generally be there for, the good and the bad

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
skeliton112 said:
We'll a relationship is anything thathas two things relating. Im in a relation ship with my bus driver, teacher, mum and all my friends... but yes I would be in an intimate relationship if I had the choice.

I just love nitpicking.
Yeah, I definitely think there should be a better word for a personal relationship than relationship.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
Faladorian said:
Relationships don't necessarily mean sex... (//.-)
I never said they did. I just asked people to think about whether they would have a relationship even if they did not have sex.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Yes, i'd want to be in a relationship. I find it difficult to really connect with people on a mundane basis and i would really want someone to be able to understand me on a deeper level than just, say, "So what you up to tonight then?". It would also give my life a bit more meaning now i know that i do what i do not just for my own sake, but perhaps for someone else as well. I would like to think that we all need or strive for companionship regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation and so on. Even if sex doesn't interest you, it's nice just to have someone there you can communicate with on a deeper, more empathetic level.

Oh, and i'm a hopelessly romantic lovelorn fool. But then so is the majority of the escapist from what i've heard.

Jun 30, 2009
With anyone in the world? Hell yes and I know exactly the woman in the world I'd choose. No choice? Well then it'd depend on who they were.

DontHassleTheHoff

Apr 14, 2010
If you said no, you probably need to listen to Linkin Park.

CRAWWWLIIINNNNGGG IIINNNNNN MYYYYYY SKINNNNNNN

But srsly, yes. Why not? Obviously, try to be with someone you like, who you find attractive and isn't really needy, and then you'll actually have fun. Try it, you might enjoy.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
Noooo because I'm going to uni in a couple of weeks and we all know what that means...

STUDYING OF COURSE ;D

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I most certainly would. In fact, I currently am, and have been for some time now. =)

To those who complain about the expense, I know where you're coming from, but I don't think money should ever stand in the way of connecting with another person. A relationship doesn't revolve around restaurants and jewellery, and if you and your partner both agree on this, then you can just find things to do together that are free. Perhaps for something special you can pool resources! ;-)

I think relationships are something that everyone should experience, if they can - it takes great courage to enter into one; to offer up yourself and risk failure, rejection and heartbreak. They are a lot of work in some ways, but if you are with the right person, it doesn't feel like work at all. And when things go right, the rewards are huge and amazing =)

After all, is it not better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all? ;-) I've loved and lost - it was incredibly traumatic and hurt like a *****, but it made me stronger and gave me a new aspect to who I am. And I wouldn't trade that for all the safety in the world.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

but I can't. girls are too difficult to understand.

can't they be more direct with their commentary?

probably not. *sad face*

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
megaman24681012 said:
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

but I can't. girls are too difficult to understand.

can't they be more direct with their commentary?

probably not. *sad face*
Face it, would you have nearly as much fun with girls if they just told you how they felt? My answer would be no, it's nice to know that you can figure a gal out.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
It's been about 3 months since I ended my last (1 & a half year long) relationship, and I can't describe how nice it is to simply have the strong sense of companionship that comes from a completely open/honest relationship.

Having someone to completely open up to, and share your life with, is a beautiful thing.

As a matter of fact, there a certain someone I'll be making a move on in the next couple of weeks, wish me luck!

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
RollForInitiative said:
Colour-Scientist said:
RollForInitiative said:
I would, and currently I am, quite happily.
Yepyep. It's always nice when there's someone there but I don't jump into relationships with any old person. There has to be a connection both physically and mentally.
I wholeheartedly agree. I waited several years after my last relationship before I found somebody that really piqued my interest. Quality over quantity.
Pretty much this. It's nice to have a good amount of close friends. After, life is spiced up by Socially Linking with people.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
If I had the choice? What kind of question is that? I mean, we all usually have the choice to be in relationships or not, but it depends on your standards I would guess and your level of social acceptability, general hygiene and whether or not you have self-confidence.
Its as if the OP thinks that people who are in relationships (or not) don't have a choice in the matter.
Marriage/engagement/dating isn't a prison sentence (though by the Gods it feels like it sometimes), its a choice that we all have.
And trust me, no one is "undateable" or can never find someone. Seriously, I have a friend who by all accounts is a butt ugly sonofabitch yet he had one of the hottest women I have ever met as a girlfriend.
So, my point is, whats the point of this post? I'm not flaming, just generally curious as to the disposition of the OP on this subject.