If you had to live in any fictional universe, which?

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Dr. McD said:
infohippie said:
Dr. McD said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
Dr. McD said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
Sue me, but I'd pick Equestria from MLP:FiM. Relatively peaceful, no tyranids, no giant monsters, peaceful neighbours that don't want to eat me. Could just do my gardening in peace and isolation. Like living out in the Styx on Earth, but less likely to have a serial killer or thief come knocking.
I almost picked Equestria, but clothing is probably rarer and more expensive in Equestria (since clothing is usually for formal functions and most inhabitants don't need clothes) and I prefer humans for company. Well, for intimate company considering I'm hypothetically going to live in this setting for the rest of my life.
Ah, that's a good point that I overlooked. Clothes are really super important to me, since I'm more prudish when it comes to nudity than most people would expect of me. Well, at least when it comes to myself.
Hell, maybe I'd just get some red bed sheets and safety pins, and just wear that. Explain it away as me being a techpriestess or something.
I'm less worried about prudishness and more about practicality. Sure the ponies probably won't give a shit if my genitals are flowing in the wind for everyone to see (either ponies have invisible genitals or I'd have the biggest dick in Equestria by mere virtue of it being visible without a microscope, so I guess that might squick them out a bit) as I am the cold. Even on a good day I'd want a jacket handy. As a human I don't have fur to keep me warm the rest of the time.
Just mention that to Rarity and I'm sure she'd whip you up a lovely warm coat and trousers in no time. Or mention it to Fluttershy and maybe you'd be lucky enough to get keep-warm snuggles. ;D
Well I'm assuming I will start off at a random area, Equestria's more than just Ponyville and I'm not likely to just happen to land in the right place. I'm working on the assumption I'll probably start somewhere in say, Canterlot, that desert town with the food fight or that one place that used to be ruled by a tyrannical meth head.
I dunno, Equestria seems to run pretty heavily on narrative causality. I'm sure you would stumble across either Spike or one of the Mane Six in no time, wherever you ended up. Unless you arrived into a side story about Lyra, in which case you should probably run.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Los Santos. If I can rob an armored vehicle, drive home and change my t-shirt to shake the cops off then I'm there man. All the other stuff is just bonus - including skydiving into military bases and stealing tanks to rampage around the city.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
BlackJesus said:
The Dresden Files universe. Magic exists, but I also get to have heating, plumbing, and other modern conveniences. The monsters might be a bit of a bugger, but I'd know what they are and how to defeat them, or at least how to escape from them.
Yeah... but the chances of just being random victim to some kind of human eating horror are a little high despite the "don't reveal the supernatural to the human world" guideline. Although as far as ways to go are concerned, getting eaten by Lara Raith wouldn't be so bad.

FPLOON said:
Other than that, I guess the "fictional universe" that Loading Ready Run takes place in... I'm sure I'll fit in somehow... :p
The chance that some invention of Paul's will destroy that universe in much the same way the one in the current topic is being destroyed means a back-up choice would be a good idea before settling down in the LRRverse.

Me as me in another universe. I'd have to go with Minecraft. As long as you know the recipes... you could make all kinds of stuff you wouldn't actually be able to in the real world. I know nothing about actual blacksmithing... but in Minecraft world I do know how to build a table on which I could place a stick and some stones or iron and BING together a sword. As long as I could dig my first cry-hole before sundown on the first day and didn't spawn in the middle of an ocean or on a deserted island I'd be ok. Sure, the Nether and the End are fairly dangerous... but if I were actually living in Minecraft I wouldn't go anywhere near any portals. I wouldn't even mine much, or very deeply. Just far enough for iron and coal. I'd set up my farm and ranch on some nice flatland for food then spend my days tending to the fields and orchards and my evenings fishing on the lakeshore before going home to my stone block house to sleep until the spiders and zombies and creepers go away the next morning.