If you have any questions about why MLP is so popular, please just read this

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Good job hopefully this will cut back on the number of pony threads we have each day. Plus dispel alot of myths about the show and fanbase.

Only thing I have to say on this is that we aren't all trolls. Some of us counter-troll sure, but that's only when provoked. We don't go into threads and derail them with ponies, we just love to meet the haters with love and tolerance.

And don't worry, while you made another thread about ponies, I don't believe this will be counter-productive. Hopefully people will all post here or not bother posting a new thread.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
What my problem about it is, that the bronies are practically forcing everyone to like the cartoon.

Some people are just not interested in it ( i personally don't even like cartoons except for the simpsons, and some anime's), and that's something the bronies must realise.

So wake up, and go outside bronies, and find out that people have (shock, Horror!) different tastes than you.

Walter44

Apr 24, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
What my problem about it is, that the bronies are practically forcing everyone to like the cartoon.

Some people are just not interested in it ( i personally don't even like cartoons except for the simpsons, and some anime's), and that's something the bronies must realise.
Where do they do that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you are wrong, I just want to see some proof for your accusations. I haven't seen anypony do anything to force the series upon others (more the other way round) but I also haven't looked at much of the threads here.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Walter44 said:
Jazoni89 said:

Where do they do that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you are wrong, I just want to see some proof for your accusations. I haven't seen anypony do anything to force the series upon others (more the other way round) but I also haven't looked at much of the threads here.
You don't have look in many topics to see the bronies trying to force the cartoon on everyone.

it's kinda bad really, their's even a guy with a avatar saying hater, purge it, welcome to the herd.

(not to disrespect fans of the show, but when that happens, no wonder it gets personal)

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
Only thing scarier then someone that is harming you that knows what their doing is wrong is someone that's harming you that thinks what their doing is right.

On a side note, I think the first episode made me ill, I keep having unpleasant belching and cannot eat anything. Fuck why did I watch it in the first place? -_-

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Soylent Bacon said:
A) Whether you call it the final thread or not, you are making another god damn pony thread

B) Whether you call it the final thread or not, people will STILL make the pony treads

C) I don't care what you watch, or what you make your avatar, but for the love of God, will you "bronies" cut it out with the stupid meme? This whole thing about constantly worshipping the ponies and rubbing it in our faces how much you worship the ponies is getting old fast. This is especially a problem when an unrelated pony thread ends up having a huge, disruptive, unspoilered pony image as a response. I don't know if you're trying to convince everyone you're proud or what, but if you want to do that, just don't deny that you watch the show. This act isn't convincing people to respect you for watching it. It only makes you into "those annoying kids who won't shut up about the ponies."
Man's gotta point.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Soylent Bacon said:
A) Whether you call it the final thread or not, you are making another god damn pony thread

B) Whether you call it the final thread or not, people will STILL make the pony treads

C) I don't care what you watch, or what you make your avatar, but for the love of God, will you "bronies" cut it out with the stupid meme? This whole thing about constantly worshipping the ponies and rubbing it in our faces how much you worship the ponies is getting old fast. This is especially a problem when an unrelated pony thread ends up having a huge, disruptive, unspoilered pony image as a response. I don't know if you're trying to convince everyone you're proud or what, but if you want to do that, just don't deny that you watch the show. This act isn't convincing people to respect you for watching it. It only makes you into "those annoying kids who won't shut up about the ponies."
Man's gotta point.
A point I dealt with had he bothered to read the whole post.

gekidoslair

Aug 24, 2009
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711036/ponycraft-a-starcraft-2-and-my-little-pony-mash-up/

Nuff said ;P

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
Cracker3011 said:
Sgt. Dante said:
Silk_Sk said:
However, there is a moment in this episode [Episode 5] that, gently but firmly, brings to light something that has been growing invisibly in this almost-brony's mind. Without realizing it, he has become emotionally invested in the characters. Whether he likes it or not, he really cares what happens to them. He still denies the attraction, but he is unable to laugh at their pain or cringe at their joy.
I swear, I wanted to crawl into the TV at that point and cook that f***ing Griffon for dinner. How DARE she treat Fluttershy that way.
...GET THE SHOTGUNS, WE'RE EATIN' GRIFFON TONIGHT!!!
I'm up for it. When's huntin season. YEEHAW!!!!!!!11

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Jazoni89 said:
Walter44 said:
Jazoni89 said:

You don't have look in many topics to see the bronies trying to force the cartoon on everyone.

it's kinda bad really.

(not to disrespect fans of the show, but when that happens, no wonder it gets personal)
Except that typically we're not the ones that start the topic. The OP of the topic is usually someone asking "Why do you people like this show? I hate it, now justify why you like it to me." Thus fans of the show appear and proceed to try and explain their position in a futile attempt to change the mind of someone who's not going to budge an inch on their opinion.

Fans only push the show when someone asks "Why?". The end result is a circular troll war that accomplishes nothing and in the end only makes the fans look bad.(which is typically the goal from the outset of any thread that asks "Why?")

Swarles

Jul 17, 2009
Silk_Sk said:
Except for this one obviously. But yes, I'm not trying to convert anyone. Just fostering some understanding. As for "Join us or be consumed," that's not a threat. That's a fact. Don't feed the Bronies.
Actually I would suggest not feeding the parasprites

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Jazoni89 said:
Walter44 said:
Jazoni89 said:

it's kinda bad really, there is even a guy with a avatar saying hater, purge it, welcome to the herd.

Ha now I'm glad I changed my old Avatar as it was clearly giving people the wrong impression. I originally made it so it had "heresy detected->purge it->excommuncate traitoris" as a 40k reference but it got a mixed response between "that is awesome" and "ponies are heresy". Ponies being heresy was the whole point (I'm a chaos player) but I got annoyed with all the PMs so I changed it to hate detected and welcome to the herd.

I had photoshopped angry Pinkie Pie into a catachan via face markings and 40k eagle and she shot rainbows. It was a side swipe at all the threads I'd been involved in where OPs would start with a post along the lines of "I HATE MLP" 3 posts later it would be established they hadn't actually watched it and someone would suggest that they go watch it before forming an opinion and 2 pages later they came back as a fan.

I'm beginning to suspect that you haven't actually read the threads though. We don't actually suggest people watch it unless they post that they are curious and then they get a semi-frustrated pony version of RTFM. The majority of the threads are not by us and the thread titles often specifically ask for our opinion.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
So far I've only seen it in threads where people ask why people like the cartoon. So showing the cartoon in those threads seem logical.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Jazoni89 said:
Walter44 said:
Jazoni89 said:

it's kinda bad really, their's even a guy with a avatar saying hater, purge it, welcome to the herd.

What are you talking about? The only time I've ever seen ponies mentioned in a thread is when said thread had some connection to the show (usually a "What's up with all the ponies?" thread). If someone is wondering why people like the show, us bronies respond with a post usually recomending to them to go watch a couple episodes of the show or linking an episode. If they still aren't interested in it, we leave them be. There have been plenty of times someone says "I don't hate the show, but I don't like it even after checking it out" and we just respond with a respectful post saying that that's cool. The only time we "push" at someone is when they refuse to budge from their initial stance of "Ponies are dumb, you are all dumb for liking them".

So no, we haven't been pushing it on people at all.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
Sgt. Dante said:
I swear, I wanted to crawl into the TV at that point and cook that f***ing Griffon for dinner. How DARE she treat Fluttershy that way.
No no, my friends! We must solve our conflicts the Pinkie Pie way, we must invite all of our enemies to a party for the sake of publicly humiliating them!... Or you know, we can collect various instruments and play them all at once...

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
I dont care that ppl like the show but can you please STOP making threads about a children's show on a fucking GAMING site!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Dusk17 said:
I dont care that ppl like the show but can you please STOP making threads about a children's show on a fucking GAMING site!
Yeah, what were we thinking? I mean we're taking up valuable space for all the threads about gay brothers, Sesame Street, Favorite Animal, Zombie Survival Rules, and Slender Man. Because we all know how relevant they are to gaming.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Irony said:
Jazoni89 said:
Walter44 said:
Jazoni89 said:

What are you talking about? The only time I've ever seen ponies mentioned in a thread is when said thread had some connection to the show (usually a "What's up with all the ponies?" thread). If someone is wondering why people like the show, us bronies respond with a post usually recomending to them to go watch a couple episodes of the show or linking an episode. If they still aren't interested in it, we leave them be. There have been plenty of times someone says "I don't hate the show, but I don't like it even after checking it out" and we just respond with a respectful post saying that that's cool. The only time we "push" at someone is when they refuse to budge from their initial stance of "Ponies are dumb, you are all dumb for liking them".

So no, we haven't been pushing it on people at all.
Obviously your a fan, so your not going to admit it, but that's what i feel is going on when i see pony topics on this forum.

This is of a non fans view, and im sure that my opinion is shared with other non fans as well.