If you were a great warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I'll go with a bolter and a chainsword for myself. For the Emperor! No one can stop me from carrying out his will! :D

Helmutye

Sep 5, 2009
Well, if we're including fantasy weapons and magic here, I would also declare my intention to use a monofilament whip--it's a cyberpunk weapon that consists of a single, mono-molecular strand of some incredibly hard substance, like diamond or some futuristic nano-material. Because it's a single atom thick, it slips between the atoms in whatever it is cutting through and severs the bonds between them, causing the two halves to simply fall apart. It can also be charged with a current to better sever electron bonds. The upshot is that nothing, no matter how hard or strong, can resist it because it attacks them at the atomic level--imagine somebody wearing armor with a lot of space between the pieces. It doesn't matter how strong the armor is if you can slip a dagger or something in between the armor pieces. The monofilament whip does that, but it slips between the atoms that comprise that armor!

It would look something like the video here: http://www.greatestmoviedeaths.com/2009/06/johnny-mnemonic-laser-whip-decapitation.html

The only downside is that such a weapon would be insanely dangerous to use, since if is got away from you you could easily slice yourself in half before you even knew what was going on.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Helmutye said:
*snip*

The only downside is that such a weapon would be insanely dangerous to use, since if is got away from you you could easily slice yourself in half before you even knew what was going on.
Wouldn't it make more sense, then, to make a mono-molecular sword, or a gun that shoots mono-molecular blades or something like that? A whip sounds like probably the easiest weapon one could accidentally hurt themselves with.

I actually came up with a super-futuristic fictional metal gauntlet made of bits of metal that's basically held together by some macguffin of a magnetic field which you could re-shape at will. So, if the gauntlet isn't working out for you, the pieces would float off your hand and assemble into a sword, a claw, a hammer, or maybe bits of them could just fly off at high speeds and then return like boomerangs or something.

As for real weapons, a rapier sounds like my kind of deal, something quick and stabby, not blunt and smashy. Though a nice weighty glove might also do the trick. If we're talking guns, I like revolvers and sniper rifles, too.

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
A drill, because my drill will open a hole in the heavens, and through that hole others will follow. The hopes of those gone, the dreams of those to come. These two sets of dreams weave together creating a double helix that will pierce the heavens. That's Tengen Toppa, and that's Gurren Lagann! My drill is the drill that creates the heavens!!!

A sword more than likely, maybe an Arthurian longsword, or possibly a really nice cutlass. If I could get an energy gun that turns into a laser sword that would also be sweet.

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
hmm.... Id go for multiple weapons. a knife, two colt 1911s, a spas-12, and a weapon that shoots shurikens and lightning.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
orbital bombardement space lazor...
what im not taking any chanses, if i want someone dead they will be and anyone 100 yards close to them (i would have a protecktive bubbel *grin*)
oh and the space cannon would be on mars operated by robotick minions.

so i guess i win :D

rupyTN

MorObliviOut3Skyrim
Jul 20, 2010
Preferably two, one melee and one ranged.

I'd choose to have a combat knife with a short blade, no longer than 6 inches. If in a post-apocalyptic environment, (this IS fictional after all, as I'd NEVER make a 'great warrior' in RL), it would be a file of a similar length (for it's grade of steel), sharpened along both edges knocked into something solid for a handle ... wickedly sharp and nasty, with a good 'force to tissue resistance' ratio.

A sniper rifle or decent calibre rifle of any description, but a long rifle rather than a handgun. Ex military obviously or scavenged from a rural holdings where the weapons are 'tools' not toys. Telescopic sights maybeee ... for low light (try open sights at night!).

Not particularly majestic or 'great warrior', but assuming the idea is to survive ...

If it's just for the photo shoot, a Daedric, Elven, or glass claymore from Oblivion would catch the light nicely.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Make that weapon, shield, and armor of choice.

It's a shame that Assassin's Creed portrays the most badass knight order in history in such a bad light.

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
a trench knife with a spring-loaded blade that pops out and kills people like the one in CoD: Bllack ops

or duel wield a pair of those tiger-claw swords that jet from Avatar wields. seriously, those things are so badass. there are so many ways to kill someone with those

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Depends on the time period really.

Persoanlly, I'd go with a broadsword, because I can use it easily and its a nice balanced weapon.

However, if its farther in time, either my 1884 WInchester rifle or my 1860s Navy Colt Pistol and Army Colt Pistol.

The Boy in the Hat

Sep 30, 2010
My greatest weapon is my selection of hats. All five of them. Combined with my trenchcoat, which I've often fantasised to have magical properties, I am unstoppable.

Brainsaw

May 8, 2008
Wow. People have some impractical choices. A 50lb warhammer? Doesn't matter how awesome a warrior you are, any sustained fighting will end up with you using your bare hands.

"A viking sword with a four foot long blade that has Nordic Runes and symbols carved into the steel with a black handle and steel pommel."

Ok. so in all you'll be using a 5 foot weapon. Hope you're about 6 feet tall otherwise that's gonna be a tad unwieldy.

"Duel-wielded Fire axes"

Considering these are 2 handed at best and would be unwieldy to the point that your wrists would shatter, not to mention any swings made an that fashion would be inaccurate at best being axes, don't have the benefit of being mostly blade means any enemy could grab hold and disarm you.

"Dual katana: doesn't run out of ammo and you can throw one while you keep using the second one."

Too bad swords absolutely suck as throwing weapons mainly due to their size and the fact they aren't balanced for it. As with the above quote, duel wielding two handed weapons means you're in for more pain than you'll dish out. Weapons like wakizashi would be a better choice as their shorter blades makes them easier to use duel-wield.

"Semiautomatic pistol, and a carbon fiber machete."

The pistol is a good idea. The carbon-fiber machete is a bad one. First carbon-fiber is a bad choice for sword making because impacts are one of the things that it's not that great at. Second being made out of arbon fiber would make it too light to have much force in a swing. Anyone wearing armor wouldn't notice it.

".but if we're going all fantastical with this... flintlocks pistols. About 20 of 'em concealed in an overcoat."

Hope you have a good deal of endurance as that'd be heavy as hell. And that's just the guns, add the ammo, the powder, any replacement flints incase they break upon striking, the waddings, and of course the ramrods. More than likely you'd need more than one in case you lost one. In a prolonged battle your best friend would be the nearest chest-high wall which you'd have to hide behind for the half an hour you'd need to reload all your guns.

"A crystal battle axe with all magic elements infused to make it fatal to anything"

Make sure to have the necessary magics on it to make it both resistant to shattering from impacts and certain harmonics , but also to make such a weapon light enough to be usable to the wielder as well!

I personally would go with a bearded axe and a shield or a longsword which would be mildly decorated. Tasteful but not too flashy.