If you were a grunt in any army...

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
What army would it be, fictional or otherwise?

I'd go with the space marines from warhmammer 40K, since even there basic trooper is tough as nails.

Jun 3, 2009
RhomCo said:
The Salvation Army.

Giving soup to homeless people sounds a lot safer than all that getting shot at.
I used to do Food not Bombs, back when I gave a shit. I can safely tell you that I was never accosted.

OT: Anythiiiing for Chaaaaaaos.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Doctor VonSexMachine said:
RhomCo said:
The Salvation Army.

Giving soup to homeless people sounds a lot safer than all that getting shot at.
I used to do Food not Bombs, back when I gave a shit. I can safely tell you that I was never accosted.
Plus, with them being an off shoot of the Methodist Church AND their thing for brass band music, I could claim to be a Rhythmn Methodist!

swolf

May 3, 2010
None, as the guy in Troy says "Wars are nothing but old men arguing and young men dying". Don't get me wrong, I respect the people in the military and have served myself but the life is not as ideal as some may believe. For example, while a civ has no hot water, a soldier can't shower. While a civ is irritated that they have to stay late at work, a soldier must stay another 6 months to a year. While a civ is annoyed that they were lied to, a soldier leaves one war-torn country, only to arrive in another. While a civ is annoyed that their baby cries, a soldier sees pictures of their newborn and wonders if they will ever meet. And while a civ is annoyed with a friend for whatever reason, a soldier knows he may never see their friends again. It's tough. Sorry for that being so long. To all current soldiers and veterans out there, thank you for your service.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Tau!
After a few years off picking off 'Nids, I can get into a battlesuit! Taste my railguns!

Jindrak

Jan 11, 2008
Air force. Something that involves me killing things from far away with little danger.
'Cause I'm a pussy.

Marine Mike

Mar 3, 2010
A grunt in any military? Well, I'd have to say the US Marine Corps, Hoorah!

As for fictional I'd have to say the Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers, the book not the movie. Gotta love power armor and tactical nukes.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Dark Knifer said:
What army would it be, fictional or otherwise?

I'd go with the space marines, since even there basic trooper is tough as nails.
As in the 40k ones? Because just saying Space Marines is too vague...

Mine would be the Galactic Federations in the Metroid Universe, give me Phazon based weaponry any day!

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I wonder if it would be possible to get ported into a Mister Gutsy "Another glorious day in this man's army."

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Real...Canadian Army 1914-1918 or William Wallace's Tartan Army

Fictional...Space MArines (Warhammer) or Clone War Army

Mitch Tai

May 17, 2010
Space Marines from "Aliens" cause they got the coolest guns.

Real life, I'd go with a grunt for the french under Joan of Arc cause that would be crazy cool.