If you were God, what would you do?

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
This is sort of in response to the "Admin of the Internet" thread, but obviously on a much larger scale. If you had total control over the known and unknown universe (or universes, only God knows) what would you do?

Personally, though, I honestly don't know what I would do. Fix wars, stop hunger... I can't think of anything better than that.

But surely you, Internet, have much better answers.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Everybody becomes immortal right away, meaning they can now recover from any injuries and diseases they suffer within a week at the most. If souls exist, they return to your body once you've regenerated if your injuries were "fatal" (destroyed the brain) and if they don't, well, they do now. People also no longer need food, but eating doesn't suddenly become harmful.

The situation is explained to humanity by big floaty hologram versions of myself announcing the new state of affairs to the 100 largest cities on Earth. I then give contact information, allowing people and governments to come to me with their complaints and requests, and add that while I won't listen to prayers I am a perfectly normal, corrupt human and a bit of worship here and there wouldn't be too unpleasant.

I then proceed to only use my god-powers when asked by the people/groups/governments involved and when it strikes me as the right thing to do. Not counting the Bruce-Almighty-style shameless abuse of powers that I'd do on a day-to-day basis just for fun, but I'd make a point of not being excessively evil with that.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
2 words.
Free-Healthcare.
That is all.
Restoration increased to 100?

I'd retire and leave the world alone...after making a few people and animals immortal...

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I Have No Idea said:
This is sort of in response to the "Admin of the Internet" thread, but obviously on a much larger scale. If you had total control over the known and unknown universe (or universes, only God knows) what would you do?

Personally, though, I honestly don't know what I would do. Fix wars, stop hunger... I can't think of anything better than that.

I would do NOTHING.

Thats right NOTHING. I would let the species run it's own course . Anything other than that makes them puppets or playthings. If i stop wars and hunger or what ever else, people would just serve me out of fear that i bring hunger and war back . Then i would have to deal with the people that still don't believe that i exist . What am i going to do? Kill them? That will instil even more fear and have them feel like slaves more than anything else . Nope , they will reap what they sow , and i will watch .

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
I'd demand that all of you puny mortals worship me, and smite those who do not, and those who bother the people that do worship me.

Then I'd send bears to kill children who take the piss out of bald people.

I would demand that my people attack their neighbors and take their women as sex slaves.

I'd cure the occasional person of some illness that they might have recovered from anyway but staunchly refuse to ever heal amputees.

And if it all got too bad, I might just murder every single person in the world apart from one family so I could start over again.

etc.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Everything and nothing all at the same time.
"Errr what?"
I'm an omnipotent being how could you possibly comprehend my actions.

Memoriae

Mar 7, 2010
Personally, I'd get all Eldar up in the world's face.

For those not knowing, the Eldar in 40k lore tended to give gentle nudges to the course of the universe. They'd misdirect threats, instead of destroying them, all without giving away that it's actually them behind it.

I'd be like that, gently nudging things along, without drawing attention to myself. Kind of like the man in the background, making things happen, but whom no one can put a name, or a face to.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'd stop the facist regime the old god had, and create myself a rank structure. I will still be in charge of course, but I will considerably decrease my workload by letting lower ranks deal with the more trivial stuff.. I would be there to make sure the machine works well, and to make the highest level decisions...

I'd also overshadow the Angel Army, and get involved with there andvancements on defending my realm from the forces of hell, and check and agree on plans for taking back hell piece at a time... (gotta have goals man!)

I'd also make sure I have a god-wife... To stop me getting out of hand! And for god-sex... Also everything I do will be prefixed by 'god-' As since the start of this god-paragraph i've realised it is god-cool! :p

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Other than tell Fred Phelps and all other fundies to stop being douchenozzles and order all people who say D&D is evil to shut the hell up, probably not much except the occasional conjure myself a huge pile of money trick (and maybe a stripper or three, depends if I'm in a relationship at the time).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess I would try to make everyone lives more happier but it won't be pefection (death will still happen and there will be still be conflict so people will not become bored from their happiness).

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
Unfortunately i refuse to believe that omnipotent being capable of creating and destroying whole realities just by thinking about it could care about such trivial problems like future of one, single species.

After becoming God, i'd be busy doing absurdly abstract things i can't really explain right now since my current mind lacks the power to express this and that. ;)

timb69

Aug 18, 2008
I would ironically punish atheists for their disbelief in the great and powerful me.

Guilherme Zoldan

Jun 20, 2011
Hmmm so many things to fix with this crapsack world. Mortality, disease, the need of living beings to kill one another to survive. Seriously, this place is so shit Id have to re-do it allover. What moron designed it in the first place?

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Well to start with, I'd stop screwing with people and actually show myself. Mysterious plan my ass. I hate mysteries. :p

After that.... well do some good here and there I guess. Probably abuse the powers for my own enjoyment, but rarely (if ever) at the expense of others.