If You Were to Get a Tattoo...

jimmy_curbstomp

Mar 1, 2010
I'd either go with "I Will Regret This When I'm Thirty" across my chest, or just label the backs of my hands L and R. Actually, I would label them wrong, just because.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I'm actually getting one as an xmas present from my gf soon.
I'm getting an eternal knot on my right shoulder.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
A bracelet tattoo of an dragon ouroboros on the upper part of my arm. I have been thinking about getting it for my 21st birthday since I don't intend to drink.

VelvetHorror

Oct 22, 2010
If I were to get a tattoo, I would want it either on my chest, or maybe a shoulder blade. It'd be interesting to have one tattoo on my chest and a similar one on my back in the same position as the one on my chest.

As for what I would get, it's up in the air. I would like some kind of circular tattoo. Maybe one similar to this, a modification of a vector art I put on deviantart a while back:

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Probably would get a lightning strike that branches off in a cone shape running from my shoulder to my back, nothing super huge, but not tiny either.

Thing is, I don't mind tatoos personally, but almost every career I've wanted to seriously get into has a strict no policy on em. Or if they find you with one they'll move you to the very bottom of the food chain. So, I'm more or less S.O.L.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I plan on getting a lot of tattoos... Two full sleeves, at least a back or chest piece, possibly the other one as well. All metal things, mostly album covers.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
After I enter the Air Force I am planning getting either the USAF Emblem or simply USAF in bold black letters on my upper left arm(to keep within regulations). I may also get something pertaining to whatever job I end up doing. A P-51 if I become a fighter Pilot, an ICBM if I am a missiler, ect.
I know plenty of guys in the Army that have army-centric ink they regret getting. A fellow in particular who was in the Marines got three within a couple of months of being in. He was all HOORAH'd out and thought he was a badass. Within six months of being in he hated every second of it and now that he's out he's looking to get them covered up.

Anyway, I don't usually go for the "you'll regret it down the line" quip, but military tattoos are a pretty big example of that phrase put to use. Same goes for relationship ink, thats always a bad idea.

I find it funny that a lot of people here would like to get a video game themed tattoo. Granted yes this is a video game forum, but still, has anyone noticed that examples of video game tattoos are usually seen in "worst ink ever" collections?

But really who am I to judge? Among other things I have Cerberus on my left arm.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Off the top of my head I would lose a bunch of weight first, then I would get like a red dragon that has stretched itself up along the left side of my body with its mouth open s fire shooting out along my chest. I bet I could think of a better one in a while though.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
no oneder said:
Already got one, but if I was to get another, this:

My best IRL mate has those, which incidentally also means I've gravely failed him.

25) A Bro doesn't let another Bro get a tattoo, particularly a tattoo of a girls name. The average relationship between a man and a woman lasts 83 days. The relationship between man and his skin lasts a life time and must be nurtured because the skin is the largest and second most important organ a man has.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
If I got a tattoo, it would have to be something that meant something to me. It wouldn't be something I would hate when I get older, or an idea I no longer subscribe to. It has to be meaningful, and if it's big, it has to be pretty damn important.

I actually considered getting some of Kamina's body tattoos, being a fellow Chaotic Neutral kind of guy, but those would be big, obvious, and I'm not sure I'd maintain that personality for the rest of my life.

Apr 29, 2010
I actually have several ideas I'm seriously considering. First would be a tattoo of Anubis sitting in a throne of rock on a hill of sand with the Pharaoh's headdress partially buried in the sand with the 3 great pyramids in the background on my right arm. Then, a half sleeve on my left arm of the Kraken sinking a pirate ship and dragging under to a ship graveyard. A tattoo of Calvin and Hobbes on one of my legs, or maybe somewhere else. Edward's transmutation circle on my right side. The ruins of a Greek or Roman temple on my back, and sitting in the throne is an old man(or a skeleton. Can't decide which). I might also get the Triforce on the inside of my right forearm, but I'm not sure.

Hell, maybe that half sleeve of the Kraken will become a full sleeve.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Polaris19 said:
nin_ninja said:
Polaris19 said:
Phoenix on my right shoulder. I wouldn't want it in plain sight but I would want it to be visible now and again.

Though I have honestly (dead serious) given thought to getting N7 tattooed on me in the same spot as ti appears on Commander Shepard's armor
Right on the collarbone? That would probably hurt a lot, but it would be awesome none-the-less.
I meant over the chest. Just checked and it's right side.

It'd still hurt...
I wouldn't care, cause i would still get it. thanks for putting the idea in my head.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Im definately getting a gasmask somewhere on my body. Also im going to have every tattoo symmetrical, so if I get one on my right forearm, the same tattoo is going on my left forearm. Im too ocd to have it unsymmetrical.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
tawmus said:
Well, I've got five of 'em. I'm ambivalent about them. I got them from like 17-23. Now I'm 29, its hard to say that I still think they are sweet but they are a part of me. Wouldn't get them removed.

If I did get another it would be "It's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb." on my ribs. Probably would hurt, not too much meat there. Bony parts always hurt the worst.
I hear the only place worse than ribs is across the soles of your feet.

Toe tags are cool tattooes, but INCREDIBLY painful (I know a guy who passed out from pain when they were filling a toetag. Yikes.)