If your computer were a car, which make would it be?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
an annoyed writer said:
Zack Alklazaris said:

Lamborghini Gallardo from the mid 90s.
I did a double-take here. You do know that those things weren't produced until 2003, right? Last I checked that car was barely a glint in the eye of Luc Donckerwolke during the mid 90s.
Dammit google you lied to me!

Well you get my point... I'll see what I can use to fix it.

Sombra Negra

Nov 4, 2008
probably a porsche.

i have an alienware laptop. i choose porsche because it's pretty fast, but just a volkswagen underneath. as alienware is owned by dell, this seems appropriate.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Zack Alklazaris said:
Dammit google you lied to me!

Well you get my point... I'll see what I can use to fix it.
Didn't you realize google sided with the machines long ago? With Google Earth and Google Maps they're giving Skynet intel on possible safehouses and the like. With Sketchup they're getting design specs on hundreds of buildings, cars, spaceships, boxes, and weapons STRAIGHT FROM US! They're gonna get us man!

Anyway, I can see why we'd both refer to our computers as Gallardos: fast and pretty, but overstated from the start. Such is the way of Apple and Alienware.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Dags90 said:
ATI Radeon HD 5700
i7 Quad Core @ 2.8 GHz.
8 GB RAM
Boots from a SSD.

Not sure how that translates into cars, taking suggestions.
Perhaps not the best in terms of engine performance, but roomy and reliable with good handling. You're computer is a 2012 Chrysler 300

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009

This, but you lift up the hood and it's a mouse in a wheel chasing a piece of cheese on a string.

Old, barely functional Macbook Pro, yeah!

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Zack Alklazaris said:
Also worth noting that that picture is of the very limited edition Balboni version of the Gallardo. It's a tribute to Lamborghini's main test driver of the last few decades. It's what you'd call a 'driver's car' and very special. It's mucho tasty!

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
dls182 said:
Zack Alklazaris said:
Also worth noting that that picture is of the very limited edition Balboni version of the Gallardo. It's a tribute to Lamborghini's main test driver of the last few decades. It's what you'd call a 'driver's car' and very special. It's mucho tasty!
Well I just completely screwed up this analogy didn't I? lol!

theSHAH

Jul 31, 2011
odBilal said:
A Mercedes A class 2012 I guess. Above average in speed and design/comfort but not like Lamborghini GTX 680 SLI fast. On the otherside if my car would be a computer it would probably be one that runs on MS Dos with like 50Hz CPU and integrated GPU ( I have a VW Golf from 1997)

There's no such thing as a Mercedes A class. If you're referring to the top-line flagship model you mean the S class

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Zack Alklazaris said:
dls182 said:
Zack Alklazaris said:
Well I just completely screwed up this analogy didn't I? lol!
LOL! I think the intention is still plenty clear, I'm just being pedantic really =P

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
mid specs and a German brand (Medion)
so I think a Porsche would fit the bill, mid range but still powerfull.
as for my laptop, American make and refurbished so a mid-range Harley.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Something like this maybe:

670 DirectCU (TOP)
i5-3570k 4.7 Ghz
8g ddd3
ssd (boot)

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
TheRussian said:
-Kitt or Karr?-
Nah, it's a laptop. It's a very nice and sleek piece of equipment in basic black with glowing red lights. Made sense in context.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
theSHAH said:
odBilal said:
A Mercedes A class 2012 I guess. Above average in speed and design/comfort but not like Lamborghini GTX 680 SLI fast. On the otherside if my car would be a computer it would probably be one that runs on MS Dos with like 50Hz CPU and integrated GPU ( I have a VW Golf from 1997)

There's no such thing as a Mercedes A class. If you're referring to the top-line flagship model you mean the S class
Then what the hell is

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008

...I'm due a major upgrade.

I've spend the last 3 years swapping out anything attached to the mobo to keep it running, but now the CPU/mobo is the bottleneck so I'm looking at a new build, once I have the time, money and a guide.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009

Not too old to go toe to toe with current games, boots of an SSD, but it's still just dated hardware that's over clocked to hell.

It's also making noises I wish (the brand new) CPU fan would not make. If you ever heard this car, you know what I mean. It sounds great in a car, but not in my PC.

(turn your volume down)

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
An MTVR. She's big, ugly, and eats power, but she's damn powerful and crazy reliable.

(I have a Asus laptop by the way.)