IGN Gives Uncharted 3 a 10 out of 10

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Sandor [The Hound said:
Clegane]I suppose that comes with IGN and PSN and whatnot being in Sony's pocket.
What the heck are you talking about, if anyone has IGN in their pocket, it's Microsoft. Sony doesn't have the gall to rig reviews like MS does.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
IGN = Dumb fucks who are constantly being paid off.

So, are we done here or shall we dig up their bespectacled history of bad moves?

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
As usual, gamers and game reviewers opinions mean nothing to me when they can give an average series such high praise.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
jawakiller said:
They're getting paid what must be a respectable sum of money to shill games to people who might actually listen. Sure, it's unethical journalism at best, but I wouldn't call them 'dumb'.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
jawakiller said:

So, are we done here or shall we dig up their bespectacled history of bad moves?
Again, this [http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception], 40 positive reviews with 13 of them being perfect scores. I don't see the problem here.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
It got a 10/10, so it has to be rigged?

Why don't you look at all the OTHER perfect reviews it got? Jesus, it's okay for a game to just be really good! Just because you don't personally agree with a score doesn't mean the entire website has been bribed.

I see a lot of "I don't agree, therefore bribery" in here.
Phlakes said:
jawakiller said:

Again, this [http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-3-drakes-deception], 40 positive reviews with 13 of them being perfect scores. I don't see the problem here.
Thank you! Good god, something mainstream gets incredible reviews and people wet their pants.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Uncharted games are fantastic from a gameplay standpoint. They are also fantastic in the character department. The story is good...until it gets to the third act and it suddenly takes a weird turn that inevitably sucks out the man vs man drama in favor of some unneeded supernatural crap. I'm looking forward to the third game, but I just hope they don't do that sort of thing again.

And no, I'm not gonna jump on the elitist IGN bashing bandwagon. They've been generally OK in my book.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
People need to understand the fact that it isnt always the same person reviewing games for IGN, thats why theres sometimes discrepancy with scores they hand out.
Also, IGN themselves have stated that perfect ten doesnt mean a perfect game, it just means that they found the game to be so enjoyable that any flaws were completely overshadowed by the overall quality.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Don Savik said:
Its not on par with MGS4, IGNs only other 10/10 game. Its nowhere near as innovative, the gameplay is nowhere near as skillfull. Its cinematic yes, and the voice acting is amazing, but on par with MGS4? Hehe, no. Fun games all of them but not 10/10BESTGAMEEVARlol

Its IGN, they're the douchey slime of the gaming industry.
I don't understand how you can compare a film (MGS4) to a game (Uncharted 3).

Yuk yuk.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I GIVE IT? I GIVE IT A 0!
Seriously though, they gave this game a 10 in graphics while battlefield 3 got a 9.5. It is starting to look like the people over at IGN don't even play these games.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
A 10/10? oh well then clearly this game is perfect in every way for every audience.

Am I the only one who's gotten more worried about this game from this, rather than being reassured?

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
I actually read that as "IGN Gives Uncharted 3 out of 10"

OT: Cool, I suppose. I'm a fan of the series and will be buying this shortly after it comes out anyway.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
If they think it gets a ten out of ten that's fine. It's not like I've ever bought a game because it got a perfect score. in fact I'm more likely to buy a game that didn't get a very awesome score at all. Personally I haven't played uncharted but its not my type of game. I preferred naughty dog when they worked on the Jak series. Same thing with sucker punch when they did sly instead of infamous (which I played and hated with a passion).

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Mechanix said:
Source here:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p1.html

I was just curious as to your thoughts on this? I don't doubt the legitimacy of this review, because I know Uncharted is certainly a series that can pull a score like that off. And IGN has even said 10/10 does not mean a perfect game to them, it means a game as close to perfection as games get.

I take reviewer scores with a grain of salt, but a 10/10 has got to mean a game is at least worth looking at right? Well, I was planning on picking this up soon anyway. Let me know what you all think.
And the thing to discuss here is...what?

A review is just the opinion of one person. The relevancy of that opinion is entirely dependant on what EACH PERSON thinks of EACH CRITIC! People should chose who are critics who match their taste and ideals in games and follow their opinion as something relevant.

My problem with review "scores" is they aren't personal. Not that they are useless, but they tend to be far more a reflection of what one thinks a universal or objective analysis of the game should be, rather than their own tastes. For example, I may give FIFA 2012 a 10/10 score as it really is one of the best soccer sims out now, but personally I'd rather dig a ditch than have to play a sports game.

Ideally 'a game is a game' and any critic worth their salt should be able to say if it is good or not, and that is true. But you won't be able to tell if something is GREAT if what the game is TRYING to be is actually what you want from a game.

(PS: I won't have much respect for any site that breaks down review scores into such rigid categories as 'Presentation' 'Graphic' 'Sound' and 'Story' as if they were all always equal, and yet no markings for such vital elements as 'Pacing' 'Immersion' 'Relevance' or 'Originality')