Ignorance on Facebook (censored for the well-being of this thread)

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
Take note of those names, find them and cleanse them. Preferably with a napalm sandwich.

I hate people.

Feb 13, 2008
Dr Snakeman said:
And that's what I was talking about. Why am I supposed to assume that you weren't serious, but that everyone in that picture was? They were both talking about killing like it was a perfectly reasonable and just thing to do, yet yours is a joke and theirs is "outright hatred".
Quite simple. They were talking about people being only fit for slavery, I was stating an off the cuff remark about how they should be taught not to openly display those views.
I mean, there was some obvious hatred there, but some people were just saying "Well, we blew you up! Nyaaah!". It's so ridiculous that I suspect that it was intended, more often than not, as a really messed-up joke.
Yeah. A messed up joke. Once you view certain people as just to be joked about, there's no harm in that. In fact, broadcasting the "joke" that you hate a race, or a gender or any other group never hurt anyone, did it?

But you quoted me because I targetted Bookface users...

Why is that?

Is it because it upset you? I'll assume so. So what would you do to teach these people that what they said is hurtful and toxic to society?

Or would you just leave them with their "freedom", while others suffer due to it?

The assumption that I wasn't serious could quite easily have been determined by the point that I'm not likely to harm someone who I know is on Bookface. You cannot assume the same about the pictured people and the Japanese, because they said it without aggravation beforehand.

That's what these people want the world to know that they think.

I don't think that suffering a small shock for the suffering they bring to others is an unfair price to pay.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
harmonic said:
Wow.

Congratulations for labeling my entire country for the facebook posts of 0.0000003% of our population.

Perhaps I should do a collage of the titles of "America sucks" threads started by Europeans. Probably isn't enough bandwidth on the entire internet to fit that image file.

In regards to the ignorant comments, it is an amazing scientific discovery you have stumbled upon... people use the internet to say stupid shit. Give this kid a Nobel Prize.
Fuckin hell dude, defensive much?

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
Well, attacking so many countries does create problem when dealing with loosing at sports.

"The USA team lost in the final today to..."

Germany: You Nazis! We beat you were it counts, man.
France: You croissant munchers! That's how you repay us for saving your butts in WW2? What?! We did it in WW1 too?! MERDE!
England: Oh yeah? 1776, you mofos!
Italy: I knew we should've just kept Sicily. Patapoo Patapipili!
Japan: Live from Hiroshima! BOOM
Vietnam: We're coming... And THIS time...
North Korea: Well, we eat more in a day than you did... uhmm.. ever. By the way, got oil?
Cuba: You learned that in Fifa? Oh wait.. you don't have any freakin PC's! Embargo this!
Iran: Soon.... Really soon...
Iraq: ........ ^&%$ YOU!!! #%@@@!^&$^
Afghanistan: That's it! We're staying...

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
You know that scene from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Where they fly around the world beating up all those kids from the message board? Yeah, I now know how I want to spend the rest of my summer. Beating the shit out of these people.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Fagotto said:
Leviathan_ said:
Stall said:
Amerifats? "Stay classy"? It's like I'm really on 4chan!
Well, it's where the image in the OP came from in the first place. While the title is just there in an ironic sense because that's what a lot of people seem to think what this thread is about.
You do realize that titles aren't everything? Giant black words in the first post have influence too.
Apparently they do, but don't fret, it's gone now. 2 hours of work in paint.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
Racist Assholes on the internet? NO WAI!

Really, it's not the majority of FB, how many of these messages have you seen on your news feed?

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
qwerty19411 said:
So... you title the thread "Ignorance on Facebook (note that "OLOLOL LOOK AT THESE DUMB AMERIFATS" is not the title, so stop it)" yet you use an image with "Stay Classy Americans"? Seems awful inflammatory.
I don't know what you are talking about sir.

Yes, I know, I should have edited the bottom part out, but was too lazy at the time. It's gone now, you may thank me later.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
commodore96 said:
I guess it is bad for people to make jokes now?
No, making jokes is fine, but comparing the Women's World cup to the mass murder of tens of thousands of innocent people and being a racist fuck is not fine.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
[HEADING=1]OLOLOL LOOK AT THESE DUMB AMERIFATS[/HEADING]
Seriously though thats pretty foul.
Fine, it's gone now too, happy now?

Jeez, talk about censorship.

otnesenata

Jul 13, 2011
Wow..haven't seen that much flame since...well the last war really.
off-Topic- quite funny- over 1/2 of them can't even spell soccer!

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Want to have an enjoyable day getting back?
Make a professional Email
Trace back each person in this picture's Facebook account
Find where they currently work from their profile (Example Collin Hardwick works at Varangon Academy)
http://www.varangonacademy.com/contactus.html
Write a well thought out Email about the cultural insensitivity a possible employee in their business and how poorly it reflects upon their company.
Repeat until you get bored.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
rhizhim said:
sadly im not that shocked. im used to see such 'thoughful' posts and news from the land of the 'free'
That made me laugh so hard at the stupidity of it...seriously, over a cheeseburger? Oh, humans...

Op: I read a few of them, wow is all I can say. I never understood why they bombed Japan. I never covered Japan and America's side of the war in school. We were too busy with the European/Russian side of things), wasn't Japan on the brink of surrender anyway when they bombed them? (Unless that documentary on the history channel lied...)

And all over sport...not even a good one >.> I can't stand Football, American Football, Baseball, Rugby, Cricket...most main sports actually (tennis and golf can join them too)

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
THis might get me a warning or banhammer, but I feel that after all of this, it needs to be said.

"I felt bad after hearing about Hurricane Katrina, then I looked up Hiroshima nuking."

OT: The U.S. doesn't care about soccer. What is this? Soccer is big everywhere else BUT the U.S. and besides what reason does the US still even have to be bitter at Japan?

I think Yahtzee's got a major point in (any) brown modern warfare rip-off review he's ever made saying that the US needs to get over itself!! (or someone needs to invade the U.S. or that they're just coming accross as jerks now, something along those lines)

Of course this is a generalization. I know some americans that are alright, but this is completely stupid!

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
qwerty19411 said:
Leviathan_ said:
qwerty19411 said:
So... you title the thread "Ignorance on Facebook (note that "OLOLOL LOOK AT THESE DUMB AMERIFATS" is not the title, so stop it)" yet you use an image with "Stay Classy Americans"? Seems awful inflammatory.
I don't know what you are talking about sir.

Yes, I know, I should have edited the bottom part out, but was too lazy at the time. It's gone now, you may thank me later.
You say "I don't know what you are talking about sir" yet go on to say "Yes, I know, I should have edited the bottom part out." Inflammatory and contradictory. Time to ignore this thread.
Yes, I was joking.