Ignorance on Facebook (censored for the well-being of this thread)

Jan 27, 2011
Devil said:
aegix drakan said:
And Why are they wearing the war crime that is nuking Japan as a badge of pride?
That was no war crime, it was a strategic maneuver to save more civilians and Americans that otherwise would be possible. The area was also manufacturing military grade weaponry and housed a nearby military base, fair target. Should nuclear devices have been invented? No. But since they were invented, should they have been used in that decision? Yes.
As I said in the post juuust above the one I'm quoting:

aegix drakan said:
Ok, I didn't make my stance clear, and for that I'm sorry.

While I DO see the nuking of Japan as a "war crime", I also see it as one of those necessary evils. I am aware of how hardcore Japan was about war back then, so I don't blame the US for deciding to try to cut down the loss of life on both sides considerably with 2 terrible strikes. I just wish that two whole towns full of innocents hadn't been caught in the crossfire.

So there. While I dislike what went down there, I am willing to acknowledge the fact that it HAD to be done.

My main issue is with people who wear it as a badge of pride. It was a necessary evil, a terrible action taken to prevent an even more terrible outcome. It's just something that I feel people should NOT rub in Japan's face.

it's almost like if Germany would be telling Israel "remember that time when we tried to kill you all? That was great.". It's not quite THAT tasteless and nasty...but it's close. There are some things you just don't say.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
kman123 said:
It's not facebook...it's the ignorance of PEOPLE.
Quoted for truth.

I'm afraid there is no further discussion here. The above quote it pretty much the answer. There is much rampant stupidity in the world and no force on the planet is greater at collecting it in one place than the internet. So, if you built a machine that was powered by human ignorance and general idiocy, throwing Facebook at it would overload the system.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
JET1971 said:
JezebelinHell said:
Oh look a place for pointless self-righteous replies about people that shouldn't even be acknowledged. Feels like spreading stupidity that will just continue the blanket generalizations that need to stop all over.
I agree and i cannot count all the replies that are equaly full of ignorant racist comments by Escapist members towards Americans. Just goes to show you ignorance is a worldwide phenomena and this thread needs to be locked.
I expect as much from the general population on here. Really the only thing that makes them stand up and scream is when gamers are generalized. Other generalizations are, of course, fair, true and encouraged on here. That is why I typically do not hold opinions on this site, not just the forum, with any regard. Beyond just posting for fun most of the site is bigoted hatred of anything not in the approval zone. Only pre-approved opinions please or we will be offended and when we decide we are offended by your opinion we report it and take it away.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
I can't tell whats funnier, these people on Facebook or the people getting offended over it.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Congrats to racism for remembering japan was in WWII. It took me a minute to remember that. So does that mean education in america is good or bad...

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
FamoFunk said:
Errr......

Those idiots would instantly be blocked and deleted, same with anyone who "liked" it I was 'friends' with.

Amazing how stupid some folk are, huh?

I noticed two of the people in that picture had their display as their children, poor sods having a parent like that dragging them up.
Real sad thing is that those parents are so misguided that they believe they are in the right to bring up such a terrible war and they will just end up bringing their kids up to continue holding up the barrier between nations because retarded parents are just what the gene pool needs right?.

I would rather have the parents detained until they obtain the proper manners and decency to respect other nations and not believe they are superior just because their parents before them got bruised.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
bdcjacko said:
America doesn't care about soccer. I'm calling shenanigans.
Some of our countrymen care about the World Cups and pretend to care about Youth leagues but thats about it.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Seen the one posted by someone called Tommy Volter at the very bottom in the third "column" from the left? It got 26 likes, and it's by far the worst and can't even be considered as a tasteless joke.
That was by far the most shocking, I was somewhat giggling to how stupid and petty the comments of butt-hurt Americans were. But that one was something more than just racist slander, that was call for an extermination.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Sleekgiant said:

OMG I SO MAD NOW
That picture is pretty much exactly how I feel about these r-tards and their sheer lack of intelligence on ANY part, really come the fuck on its a god damn SOCCER GAME like seriously, WTF? I sure hope none of those idiots ever produce offspring because they'll probably be just as bad... I also want to smash my head against my desk until I forget this

Click the spoiler to see how I feel

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
I don't even know how to respond, "it's like yeah you may be good a soccer, but we commit war crimes" I don't even see the train of logic. WTF?

Athlonis

Sep 13, 2010
Oh god. It's almost as bad as when the people were like,

"lol tsunami and devestating earthquake. Iz god's punishment fer pearl harbor! 'merica, F*CK YEAH!"

And here I am going: where's "god's" punishment for the nukes?

The Lesbian Flower

May 25, 2011
Wow, I'm a little surprised at how upset this made me. Over a game? Really? They win a soccer game so let's bring up how we killed a bunch of their people? -sigh-

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Ugh, these people are pathetic... Bragging about a terible war crime due to a fucking soccer game. Things like this make me ashamed to be part of the human race...

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
*sees image*

The stupidity of these people resally makes me EXTREMELY mad i mean....i could punch somebody RIGHT FUCKING NOW !....I have to get out of this thread right now or else im going ape shit and i will start to do some hate talk about american people and...i don't want to do that !

*walks out of thread*

*and shuts the door*