Apr 16, 2010
Support
be it makeing turrets
to busting the lines with a spell
or simply healing
...sometimes i like to be the tank though

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
Back in my Guild Wars days I was always doing a bit of everything but I started off playing the healer. It was fun and easy to a degree.

I picked up WoW last year and started off as a druid and went with the nuking bit of it. I did some healing and found out I really blew at it. But like Guild Wars I decided to pick up on every role but in all I still prefer the ranged DPS guy.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i much prefer a jack of all trade character, but i do like to be a sniper or a fighter classes when it presents itself

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I prefer a supporting character, the kind of guy that would be screwed on his own but best when behind a teammate.
I do have the urge to play a more straightforward "kill everything in sight" character sometimes.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
The smooth-talking rogue-thief guy who will woo your daughter with two fingers of one hand, and stab you in the back with the other, while emptying the contents of your chest with my feet.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
If the classes are well balanced, then I'll play a mage.
I'm a mage in WoW, in DA:O and so on. Sometimes I go a mage/combat hybrid, if mages aren't balanced enough to stand up on their own, but I love all of that magic. As far as I know, I've never even rolled a healer or rogue for anything, and only use warrior type things occasionally.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Typically I am a rogue. I prefer dexterity/agility and skill/finesse over brute force.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
For me it depends on how the game plays. Games such as W.o.W - I preferred being a Mage, or anything caster ranged.

TF2- A scout, and soldier.
In L.o.L I always played Tristana.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 - I always played the hardy soldier.

For games like Never winter Nights, Oblivion, Dragon Age, etc I tend to enjoy playing a sword and shield tank/warrior more then anything. Though in Dragon Age: Origins I found myself constantly shifting to Wynne to play her as a healer for every major battle. I think I played more of Wynne towards the middle and end of the game then my own character. lol

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I like the glass cannon role (Rune-Keeper in LOTRO). I like feeling the power that comes from that type of skill set.
I also enjoy the sniper role, (a form of glass-cannon). Being able to take out an enemy at 500 yards, but still the rush of having to escape unnoticed.
Which leads to me also enjoying stealth/rogue roles. Sneaking into a compound, just to eliminate guards one by one, or going through the CoD:MW2 demo, taking out every foe individually, yet knowing that if discovered, death is almost inevitable. Landing a silent kill in Dragon's Age, or a perfect run on Yahtzee's Trilby has a certain charm for me.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
...self-sufficient, sneaky rogue-type.

Locked doors? ... Not anymore.
Guard patrols? ... Left them behind ten minutes ago.
Big bad guy who expects his personal army to protect him? ... Gave him a new dorsal breathing aperture and he gave me this nifty wand-thing that's f*cking useless to me. Oh well, I'll come back later for something better.

It's second nature... I've snuck down through Blackburrow, and up out of Seb. (bloody raid got cancelled after I grouped down there the night before) I've soloed the UBRS pet quests at near-minimum level, and spent 80% of a duel with my opponent sapped on the same spot. I've had a solid Rog/Rng/Ftr multiclass blaze through the Stormreach sewers, killing only targets of opportunity and avoiding every trap.

Most recently, I've begun playing EQ2x at the behest of my friends (someone remind me to get them back with a sufficient enough amount of personal suffering... I frakkin' hate SOE's concept of "F2P"), and have loved my Swashbuckler... and then I find that we have a Wizard, a Templar, and me.

So, I've rolled up a Guardian, and have hated every second of having to club my way past every single mob to get to the boss's lieutenant, only to have a higher-level player (no aggro) or stealth class slip past me to get the kill. Which means I get to stand around for 30min+ for a respawn and act as a "yep, Im here for this guy" sign to the other players strolling, riding, sneaking in.

Squidwogdog

Jul 8, 2009
Usualy the rogue, I can play healer on occasions but sneaking up and smacking people is so rewarding

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
If I'm playing single player than I play the jack-of-all-trades with a focus on being a tank.

If it's multiplayer then I focus on healing. I'm like your mom when you are a little kid. Make sure you bundle up before you go outside, it's cold. I always like to make sure everybody is at full health, even if it means running through a variety of enemies to heal them.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
It depends on what the other options are. My friend is always a mage, and I'll never understand why. I'll go over to his house, he'll show me the newest rpg he's into and it'll be like "Oh cool, let me see what the other classes are. 'warrior thief, healer, ninja, pirate, dragon. Wait, DRAGON?? You could have been a dragon and you chose mage? Why? Why would you ever do such a thing?"

witness51

Oct 17, 2010
In BC:2 I'm the asshole that runs into the line of fire to heal his teammates no matter the cost. In TF2 I"m the engineer that has everything up and running 2 minutes into the game. In DA:O I'm the mage that freezes everything in the room, then lights it on fire, then sprays lightning everywhere. In Oblivion, I'm the assassin tht breaks into your house, steals all your shit, then murders you in your sleep, just for good measure. I'm NEVER the tank.