I'm buying a boat, and she'll need a name. Suggestions?

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Hagi said:
My family's boat is called "Famke" which just means girl in a language that's still spoken in a small part of our country (where my mother's from).

Maybe you've got a language like that? Something your ancestors spoke, something that was spoken in the place you live some time ago?

Then just take a simple world like girl, translate it and you've got your boat name.
This is a great idea, but I'm Australian, with English heritage. So no joy on the language thing.[/quote]

even in England there were other languages spoken until a century or two ago, and if you're not descended from someone in one of those areas you can still use middle English or old English/Anglo-Saxon

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Sea Monkey.

Make sure you train some Caribbean monkeys to sail it for you in case you ever get stranded on an island.

Stein Inge

Jun 9, 2009
Just off the top of my head:

"Rolling Thunder"
"Jack of Hearts"
"Rainy Day Woman"
"The Muffin Man"
"Baby Snakes"
"The Codfather" (if you fish...)

I liked "The Yachtzee" though....

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Moya - you know, like the Leviathan from Farscape. It's a female name, it's for a ship...well boat in your case and it's geeky. What more could you want?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Call her "Vingilot". Because naming you're boat after a ship that went to the undying lands makes you epic.

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
How about The Titan's Daughter?
Or Silence, and you can have a crew of mutes.
Or Victarion!

Makon

Jul 9, 2008
Go with...

The USS Chum Guzzler.

Cookie to the first person to get the reference.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
If I had a boat I'd call it "The Motherf*ckin' BOAT!"
I'm never likely to have a want a boat, so if you really want to, you can steal my name :p

Other ideas
The Master of Undocking
Lightsailor
Solid Wake

esplode

Dec 17, 2008
Well this is a crappy submarine ride

I thought I'd see a Kraken

If this boat's a-rockin, call the coast guard

The Hindenboat