Im gonna start reading some books, suggest em.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
The Darkness Series by Harry Turtledove is purely EPIC if you don't mind a little bit of sex here and there in the pages.
Take the events of WWII and drop it into a middle earth like setting, substitute jets for Dragons, submarines for leviathans, tanks for giant furry Rhinos. Then have a ton of point of view characters on both sides: enlisted men, shopkeepers, diplomats, children, rebels and intertwine their stories.

Not sure if its on kindle but you should check it out anyways

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The Dark Tower series by stephen King. Really anyhting by him.

The redwall series too. thats by Brian Jacques.

and the Sword of truth Series by Terry Goodkind.

Syrus Vikeruce

Jul 12, 2010
Richard Laymon's "Friday Night In Beast House".

Or if you're more into the medival warfare like I can be at times:

Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself".

Epic books are epic.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Wes1180 said:
Folio said:
LOTR or Earthsea. If you want to read them both at once: Eragon. But be prepared for dissapointment.

Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells.

Anyone who says 'Twilight' can expect a firm beating with a stick. Just saying...
Was wondering when war of the worlds would get mentioned
I'm not even halfway in that one. When I get distracted from a book it takes months to pick it up again. Still, it's an exciting story. Perhaps a bit dated, but that never stops the way it is told.

Jazzyjazz2323

Jan 19, 2010
Gaunt's Ghost-Dan Abnett
Eisenhorn-Abnett
Anything Tolkien has written or even scribbled on a piece of paper
The Prince-Machiavelli
Of course Enders Game

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

And if you're willing to go way back and not freaking out by the completely deranged and absurd:
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison. Easily the most bizarre thing I've ever read.

Aug 1, 2010
In terms of fantasy, I have just two words for you. Drizzt Do'Urden. You will not go wrong.

In terms of Sci-Fi, I would say Crusade, the Gaea trilogy and Enders Game are some of the best.

The one book that EVERY person who enjoys Zombies should read, is World War Z. It's an amazingly real look at the zombie apocalypse told interview style from 20 different perspectives. It's amazing as long as you skip a couple of chapters.

For comedy, definitely check out George Carlin's books, as well as the fantastic library of Christopher Moore.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Peter F. Hamilton - The Night's Dawn Trilogy

Read these books you must.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
The Seven Tower by Nix

It's of of those odd 'young adult' book series that's easy to read, but still a decent ride.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.

It was on fire when I lay down on it.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Anything by Christopher Moore (especially "Lamb,") The Hollows series by Kim Harrison, or the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. All great reads.

updraftnoir19and99

Aug 12, 2010
I recently read the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and LOVED them. A friend recommended them to me and I thought they were just going to be alright but they turned out to be AWESOME. All rebelling against an evil dictatorship and how far you are willing to go to give hope to the people.

Definately a brilliant series :)

Eogris

Jun 18, 2008
Someone may have mentioned these, but Ender's Game, Wheel of Time saga, and A clockwork orange.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (historical awesome)
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy)
A Sonq of Ice and Fire by Qeorqe R.R. Martin (fantasy)
The Social Animal by Eliott Aronson (social psycholoqy)

So much yes.

there are tons literally tons more but i forqet all of them so read these

Sharkie668

Jan 10, 2010
As people have previously said already, the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy series is a very good read. I also recommend the Eragon series, I enjoyed them.

Not sure if you solely want to read fiction but Sniper One by Sgt Dan Mills is an extremely good book, it's about the tour of Southern Iraq that the PWRR were on. Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab is also a very good book.