I'm not gonna buy Diablo 3....

Joerg Jaeger

Aug 9, 2011
Project_Omega said:
Shirastro said:
Cause of the always on-line requirements.

I always liked Diablo series, but was never a huge fan. I played the first one, and played the second one quiet a bit, so i was looking forward to Diablo 3.

I have a good computer, stable and fast internet connection, and had all the intention of buying the game (instead of getting a hacked copy, which i can oh so easily do), but i wont.

Whos with me? :)

P.S. this isnt about the latest Jimquisition episode. I decided not to buy Diablo 3 a long time ago, Jim just reminded me :)
This basically shows how much NOT of a fan you are, how quickly you would discard the quality of the game and hours of good entertainment. Because of a simple 'difficulty' which you would rather boycot like a little whiner than ignore and actually try it.

Nobody cares if you don't buy the game, there are 11 million people out there who will.

Guess who will bite their lip in jelousy if they see someone play it.

You.
Well, thats what Blizzard is counting on. That people like you don't care whatsoever. They just buy anything anyway.
Personally i am not a 'fan' of Diablo. Its a good game but since Starcraft 2 came out i wonder how many installments i would have to buy to enjoy the full game.

But, if someone has a concern about it it is his right to voice it. A lot of people don't seem to be tollerant these days. Sad.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
oppp7 said:
Anyone that has ever gotten on Diablo 2 online will know why this is a big deal: the servers suck. In fact, they're probably the worst out of all the games I've played over the years. Surprising considering Blizzard made it.

I'll still get it though... when the price goes down.
Yes, I'm sure after 11 years of starcraft, 9 years of warcraft 3, 7 years of World of Warcraft, and a year of starcraft 2, all requiring stable Internet service, blizzard is probably going to skimp on the servers and make diablo 3 laggy..

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Captain Ponyholder said:
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
Captain Ponyholder said:
Chapper said:
I've personally never understood the absolute mayhem this DRM or whatever is causing.

Sure, it'll suck if your internet is down for a day, but once it's back up you're good to go. Might be my general attitude of indifference, but I don't have any sort of problem with always online requirements.
Honestly, that is what I thought! If I can't play the game for a day, who cares! I can do something else. I understand a little if you were at work all day and want to play, but can't when you realize that you chosen a rather crappy ISP and they are down for the day. Also that one day it was down was release day. That would suck, otherwise people just need to get over it. There is more to life than *shock* games!

Now this will be flamed, I know it
This the world;
http://www.misconceptionjunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/third_world_map.jpg
Tell me now that everyone in those yellow and red areas have stable internet connections and that allowing practices like this to go on unchallenged won't increase the amount of games that use such ridiculous measures. Look at it like this;

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

What happens if they take up a business practice that penalizes you, and no one does anything because it doesn't effect them,
I'm not flaming, nor defending the relevance of this thread, but saying something like that just annoys me a bit.
Wait, that area, right of Canada, what is that? Greenland? Hm, didn't know they were a third world country. Same with China, thought they were a first world country.

To be honest, I don't really care. I am sorry, I must be a terrible person for that, but honestly I don't. My whole point is why make a thread about something you won't buy. No one gives a shit. At all. No one. Nadda.

That is the point I was trying to make.
You cared enough to reply. Seriously, if all of these people saying they didn't care just didn't reply and show that they actually didn't care, this thread would have gone nowhere.
I don't care either but when I started posting it was already in the hot topic section, so I doubt I'm doing much worse.
OT: I'm not getting the game either but mainly because I've just never been interested in these kinds of games.

Anyway. Moral of this thread's story is, if you see a topic that is really nothing and you know the OP is just trying to generate responses for badges, don't give them what they want.
Yes I am a hypocrite.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shirastro said:
P.S. this isnt about the latest Jimquisition episode. I decided not to buy Diablo 3 a long time ago, Jim just reminded me :)
o.o? I'm confused, whats online passes have to do with always online DRM?

an no, not getting it, partly cause they took a single player game an made it an 'MMO' an (near as i saw) didn't really tell anyone till the last minute, and how they have the auction house set up

plus, Blazzard, :p they've never made anything i spent more then 10 minutes playing, and that was for free

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
I was at first like minded then i realised that even if it didn't have always online stuff I would be anyway. It only pisses me off in primarily single player games like assassins creed 2. I know this has a single player which requires you too be online but in diablo 2 i never played single player after my first run through. First the characters couldn't be used online as everyone just generated cheat characters with cheat weapons so they were rightly banned. Second the late game was nigh impossible with some classes without cheating on your own due to monsters immunity. However I am not putting any money into that Auction house, though I will sell items and use the money to buy the next starcraft hopefully.
I doesn't matter either way though as this game will sell millions of units.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
netpoop, but i am similarly not picking it up. i just never really cared for it. i played 1&2, but meh.

just gonna wait for gw2. /yawn wake me up next summer

Christian Hodgdon

Sep 26, 2010
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:
I'm going to buy it, making sure the developers get their money, then pirate a copy that doesn't require all the time online.

That's not wrong, I bought it, I'm just getting a better copy.
It is wrong to support the developers when you don't approve of the DRM. You are sending the message that you approve with your wallet.

As for the other, it's a risky topic here so I won't speak of it.
I want the game, I'm going to buy it. Would you rather I pirate it and make them come up with another worse shittier DRM?

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Christian Hodgdon said:
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:
I'm going to buy it, making sure the developers get their money, then pirate a copy that doesn't require all the time online.

It is wrong to support the developers when you don't approve of the DRM. You are sending the message that you approve with your wallet.

I want the game, I'm going to buy it. Would you rather I pirate it and make them come up with another worse shittier DRM?
DRM doesn't get worse because of pirates, it gets worse because gamers accept it. DRM doesn't stop pirates.

Christian Hodgdon

Sep 26, 2010
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:

DRM doesn't get worse because of pirates, it gets worse because gamers accept it. DRM doesn't stop pirates.
They make DRM because of pirates!

giggetygooo

Dec 1, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
I wasn't going to get it until I found out I don't actually have to do much to get decent items.

I can just sit in the AH and buy my way to glory with my credit card and laugh at poor people.

Pay to win games are fun.

weeheehee, the first post in ages that made me giggle like a schoolgirl...if you whiners hate this thread so much why did you even bother to respond to it? losers (note spelling) go on, someone call me "sir"

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
I'm just worried about mini net connection drops, like 5-10 seconds. I get those maybe once or twice a week that I'm aware of. I wonder if those game drops will the salvageable or not, like some kind of time out counter as in TF2.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Excludos said:
oppp7 said:
Anyone that has ever gotten on Diablo 2 online will know why this is a big deal: the servers suck. In fact, they're probably the worst out of all the games I've played over the years. Surprising considering Blizzard made it.

I'll still get it though... when the price goes down.
Yes, I'm sure after 11 years of starcraft, 9 years of warcraft 3, 7 years of World of Warcraft, and a year of starcraft 2, all requiring stable Internet service, blizzard is probably going to skimp on the servers and make diablo 3 laggy..
Ya, because the servers in Diablo 2 were laggy. Read my post.

Aposthebest

Mar 17, 2010
Am I the only who actually noticed that the OP is actually giving a false statement in order to back up his own one,who noone gives a penny about anyway?

I mean,where the heck did he listen to Jim Sterling actually reminding him of how bad the on-line requirement is yesterday? This week was about the licenses that the consoles need in order to play online...

That's COMPLETELY irrelevant to begin with...

And after all,he states himself that he is online most of the time. Seriously,what is wrong with people looking for cheap excuses not to buy a game like they would be scolded by others if they just wouldn't want to buy it?

People are acting like Diablo 3 will be the last game released on earth and every time the internet goes down,which will happen like once every 3-4 months nowadays and for a few hours,taking in account modern lines, the end of the gaming world will come...like it has been already stated,a few hours out of the game won't sting...

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Irriduccibilli said:
I'm not going to buy it as well, not because of the always online thingy (never really cared about that anyway), but because I never liked games like Diablo or Torchlight. Click on an enemy till it dies, then take all his items, then click your way back to town to sell the items, then click your way back where you click some other monsters to death until you clicked through the game.

Well if you say it like that of course its gonna sound boring. Not much different than most games if you think about it.

ex. FPS: Shoot an enemy till it dies, then proceed to next checkpoint, then shoot more enemies, then proceed to next checkpoint where you shoot some more enemies until you shot through the entire game.

ex. Action: hate GOW games! you just run around hacking and slashing until everyone dies, until you hacked your way through the game.

ex. Racing: You just drive around in circles over and over again! You just accelerate and brake a bit on turns and accelerate again until you've accelerated through the game.

ex. Rythm: you just hit a button every time a colored "note" passes through a line, then you do it again, and again, until you hit timed corresponding buttons through the game.