I'm not gonna buy Diablo 3....

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
You're always online anyway so why does this bother anyone? You can still go ahead and play forever alone if that's what you desire.

I'm not buying it for the fact the guys who made Diablo 1 and 2 aren't even involved in this game and I have a bad feeling about what Blizz may have done with it.
I dont want to have to explain it but I would apreciate it if people didnt just sit. shrug and say "whats the probelm?"

some of us DO have a problem,you dont have to care or do anything but dont patronize us
I'm not understanding where the issue lies and that rage-sponse certainly doesn't make a case for you. You're always online anyway, what exactly is the problem? You still don't have to play with other people.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
You're always online anyway so why does this bother anyone? You can still go ahead and play forever alone if that's what you desire.

I'm not buying it for the fact the guys who made Diablo 1 and 2 aren't even involved in this game and I have a bad feeling about what Blizz may have done with it.
I dont want to have to explain it but I would apreciate it if people didnt just sit. shrug and say "whats the probelm?"

some of us DO have a problem,you dont have to care or do anything but dont patronize us
I'm not understanding where the issue lies and that rage-sponse certainly doesn't make a case for you. You're always online anyway, what exactly is the problem? You still don't have to play with other people.
its just one of those issues, in my case, that causes alot of anger

1. not sure what you mean by "always online" but some of us arnt...especially if we need to save data

2. "The principle of the thing" fact is internet or no interent I dont belive this is somthing publishers should get away with, I dont think its good for US the gamers, I'm not confortable with the Idea that my games are at the mercy of serves, what if the servers are down? or hacked? what if they decide to turn the servers off? what about re-playability years down the line? or does that not matter anymore? are all games just disposable? to be thrown anway in line for the next? if people dont kick up a fuss then publishers will know they can get away with it, it will become the norm

3. bad internet...bad internet is a reality and fact of life for many of us, EVEN in america which from my Australian perspective I thourght was the magical land of unlimited downloads, aparently not

and even then some of us have download limits

even if a game like diablo...which is "mwnt" to be played with others has it, as i said above if this becomes the norm then its going to screw alot of people...hell even ALL of us over

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:

1. not sure what you mean by "always online" but some of us arnt...especially if we need to save data

2. "The principle of the thing" fact is internet or no interent I dont belive this is somthing publishers should get away with, I dont think its good for US the gamers, I'm not confortable with the Idea that my games are at the mercy of serves, what if the servers are down? or hacked? what if they decide to turn the servers off? what about re-playability years down the line? or does that not matter anymore? are all games just disposable? to be thrown anway in line for the next? if people dont kick up a fuss then publishers will know they can get away with it, it will become the norm

3. bad internet...bad internet is a reality and fact of life for many of us, EVEN in america which from my Australian perspective I thourght was the magical land of unlimited downloads, aparently not

even if a game like diablo...which is "mwnt" to be played with others has it, as i said above if this becomes the norm then its going to screw alot of people...hell even ALL of us over
1. 99% of people who have any interest/will be playing Diablo 3 have an always-on internet connection.

2. I have friends STILL playing Diablo 2, and I don't recall the servers ever really going down aside from patch work being done to *upgrade and enhance* your game experience.

3. People were playing Diablo 2 on 56K dial-up modems so I highly doubt anyone will have trouble playing Diablo 3 no matter how bad their internet is and as stated part 1, 99% of people who have interest in playing Diablo 3 have internet.

PingoBlack

Searching for common sense ...
Aug 6, 2011
People ...

Diablo 3 is a CORPG. Cooperative online role playing game.

No one EVER complained about CORPGs forcing you online. No one. Worked just fine for all similar games in the past. Now when Blizzard did the same for a third part of a known franchise, they are being equated to Ubisoft DRM?

Way to show terrible lack of consistency and critical thinking.

CORPGs are online. Blizzard announced Diablo 3 is a CORPG. QQ is as pathetic as is pointless and it makes people look like they suffer from entitlement syndrome.
There are half a dozen Diablo clones being released at about same time as Diablo 3. So if you don't like CORPG fact, just stay away. But it's pathetic to call CORPG server client model a simple DRM scheme.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
well whoop de do. another whiner complaining about a little drm. i dont get ppls problems with it. ive never had any blizzard games drop out before and i have internet as slow as 5kb/s. anyway i pre-ordered diablo 3 over a year a go now so you can kinda see just how pumped i am.

PingoBlack

Aug 6, 2011
Suennodil said:
Oh, and third : D3 didn't REQUIRE an internet connexion in the first place in order for it to function properly, so why the hell should we put up with it ? It's not a MMO. And if it is, I'm not interested either.
Diablo 3 didn't?

That's complete nonsense. Diablo 3 is not out yet, and it WILL require online presence. How did you manage to convince yourself otherwise?

Blizzard only mentioned they would consider offline mode, but then decided against it. They also explained this, clearly, prior to release.

Did you mean to write Diablo 2 didn't? In that case, you are projecting 10 year old nostalgia into present time I'm afraid ...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:

1. 99% of people who have any interest/will be playing Diablo 3 have an always-on internet connection.

2. I have friends STILL playing Diablo 2, and I don't recall the servers ever really going down aside from patch work being done to *upgrade and enhance* your game experience.

3. People were playing Diablo 2 on 56K dial-up modems so I highly doubt anyone will have trouble playing Diablo 3 no matter how bad their internet is and as stated part 1, 99% of people who have interest in playing Diablo 3 have internet.
Im not say you have to agree with my points..Im just saying we have valid reasons

black_knight1337 said:
well whoop de do. another whiner complaining about a little drm. i dont get ppls problems with it. ive never had any blizzard games drop out before and i have internet as slow as 5kb/s. anyway i pre-ordered diablo 3 over a year a go now so you can kinda see just how pumped i am.
I direct you to my above posts....

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:

Im not say you have to agree with my points..Im just saying we have valid reasons

black_knight1337 said:
I have yet to hear one valid reason that doesn't sound whiney or like you're just grasping at straws for no reason at all.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:

black_knight1337 said:
I have yet to hear one valid reason that doesn't sound whiney or like you're just grasping at straws for no reason at all.
1. it affects a number of people, I would wager that if somthing affected you then you would be shitty about it

2. some of us just dont agree with it on principle, that just happens somtimes

in the end I dont actually give a shit about Diablo 3, I worry that this might become the norm for all games single palyer or otherwise, like Assasins creed 2, people kicked up a stink but people also bought it

I mean sure in the end it may make no difference, but at least some of us are making our position on the issue clear, which is all we can do really

if that makes me a whiner, then yes I'm a whiner, and Im sure if your unhappy about somthing in the world of gaming in the future, Id be glad to call you one too

and thats all I have to say about that, good day

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Pyragma said:
It seems that alot of you don't see the point, it's not the Multiplayer, it's not "Enriching" anything, it's not so much DRM, as it is about money. Diablo 3 has a -real life currency- Auction House, that is why. They need to make sure people don't hack the game, or glitch it to duplicate themselves the best weapons and armor, 'Stones of Jordon', whatever, and then sell those hacked items for real cash. Sure other reasons contribute, but I will bet anything that the RL-Auction House is the main driving force on the Online 100% requirement.
The auction house doesn't let you sell for real cash.

You buy Currency with RL money to spend in the AH, and when you sell something in the AH you get that currency back. You cannot trade the currency back to RL money.

AKA you can't get rich from selling stuff in Diablo 3.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:
Vault101 said:
Cridhe said:

black_knight1337 said:
1. it affects a number of people, I would wager that if somthing affected you then you would be shitty about it

2. some of us just dont agree with it on principle, that just happens somtimes

in the end I dont actually give a shit about Diablo 3, I worry that this might become the norm for all games single palyer or otherwise, like Assasins creed 2, people kicked up a stink but people also bought it

I mean sure in the end it may make no difference, but at least some of us are making our position on the issue clear, which is all we can do really

if that makes me a whiner, then yes I'm a whiner, and Im sure if your unhappy about somthing in the world of gaming in the future, Id be glad to call you one too

and thats all I have to say about that, good day
You're... always... online... anyway. So again I ask, wherein lies the problem with it? Why would you have a principle issue with a requirement that you and anyone else who even wants to play the game meet?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Not being horrible dude but, so?
I'm all for discussion but this thread is kind of...pointless...

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Christian Hodgdon said:
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:
Crono1973 said:
Christian Hodgdon said:
I'm going to buy it, making sure the developers get their money, then pirate a copy that doesn't require all the time online.

That's not wrong, I bought it, I'm just getting a better copy.
It is wrong to support the developers when you don't approve of the DRM. You are sending the message that you approve with your wallet.

As for the other, it's a risky topic here so I won't speak of it.
I want the game, I'm going to buy it. Would you rather I pirate it and make them come up with another worse shittier DRM?
DRM doesn't get worse because of pirates, it gets worse because gamers accept it. DRM doesn't stop pirates.
They make DRM because of pirates!
I don't think so, DRM is expensive and it creates alot of animosity between customers but it doesn't actually stop piracy. There must be another reason for it that is worthwhile considering the amount of damage it does.

Let me put it another way, if everyone refused to buy Diablo III because of DRM, would Blizzard drop the DRM even though piracy would still exist? You see, the reason the DRM keeps getting worse is because they can get away with it.

Hedonist

Jun 22, 2011
Connectivity is the way of the future. Get with the program!
Which makes me sound like a hypocrite, seeing how I don't have a facebook page.
But still, I can see how the always-online is annoying when it is used as DRM, but for D3 it's necessary for the market system.
They should just put in a "single player mode", which could be played entirely offline.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would join you but alas I will be buying it since I will face the annoying wrath of my mate (who is a hard core fan) if I don't buy it. My internet is fine but I will need to buy a new PC in order to run it.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
I'm sorry, but you've lost me there. The sentiment of the poem was that ignoring an issue because it doesn't effect you will only lead to you getting screwed over as well. I also fail to see how your version of the poem has anything to do with DRM. My argument still stands.
My point was that said poem seems to operate on the logic that all the Nazis guns/tanks and other various bits of kit would all magically fade into nothingness if they had spoken out at the start.

I personally am willing to bet that even if they had spoken out at the start of then the result would've still been the same, it'd just have taken a bit longer and been a bit bloodier.

Haasth

Sep 20, 2011
I am all for boycotting the game because their 'progression' in the gaming franchise is frankly disturbing and setting a horrible, horrible example and I hope they realize their insane ideas are ruining it for a lot of people.

But that aside, I've been excited for the game for so long and the actual gameplay itself looks so damn good I probably will have a really hard time NOT buying it. So I probably will cave in, just because the actual game is damn good.

*sighs* Damn you Blizzard.

PingoBlack

Aug 6, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Let me put it another way, if everyone refused to buy Diablo III because of DRM, would Blizzard drop the DRM even though piracy would still exist? You see, the reason the DRM keeps getting worse is because they can get away with it.
How about this angle ...

Since I actually saw the beta of Diablo 3 myself, I can tell you Diablo 3 uses the same basic server - client model and systems as WoW. Even the game launcher is the same and has the same 3 phase dynamic download mechanism. Server is checking all client inputs, like illegal movement or illegal items. Furthermore, all your static data is stored server side, characters and all.

Best way to describe Diablo 3 technically is a CORPG game that uses WoW server - client system and StarCraft 2 rendering engine.

Now, do you think they can remove this so called DRM? Or is it finally time to face up to the fact Diablo 3 is just not a single player game with DRM attached on top that would be easy to remove? Also, is WoW server - client model easy to compromise, i.e. do you know of many people using illegal copies of WoW sharing the official servers with paying subs?