I'm not racist, but....

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
I really can't stand Batarians or Vorcha. They look like crap and they probably all smell. And 4 eyes? gross man. Gross.

The thought of a Batarian having some sort of artform or literature or even music makes me hate them more.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
That's... fascinating?

Personally I dislike them for more sensible reasons, that being they shoot me whenever I come across them.

Ghostwise said:
You can't be a racist if you don't like something/someone that isn't real. :D
Does that mean it's not sexist for someone to say that they think Tomb Raider is ridiculous because Lara Croft is never seen in the kitchen?

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Ghostwise said:
You sure? You can be religious...ist by believing in something that isnt there...

I kid...I KID!

OT: 4 eyes. Does that mean you can watch 6D movies?

Mmmmmm, the possibilities.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
But... but...

They're the cannon-fodder! I LOVE cannon-fodder!

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
seriously imagine what they would consider art or music....it would be sick...and Vorcha...well okay at least they have a reason for being one note, but the Batarians are supposed to be a proper space faring race and theya are all dicks. all of them. all the other races seem okay

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
For the large part, the new races introduced in ME2 were kind of lackluster...

Except for whatever Thane was, I guess.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Ghostwise said:
Legion said:
That's... fascinating?

Personally I dislike them for more sensible reasons, that being they shoot me whenever I come across them.

Ghostwise said:
Does that mean it's not sexist for someone to think that Tomb Raider is ridiculous because Lara Croft is never seen in the kitchen?
You can be sexist all day long but racism towards a fictional race of beings just isn't logical. I think racist is just a bit too strong of a word.
I should probably point out at this point that I wasn't being entirely serious.

Vexik

Aug 4, 2010
LostAlone said:
Surely you mean 'I'm not speciesist but...' ?
Seconded. This is something I always wondered about, especially in fantasy settings. Is there racism in D&D? Is the Man keeping down fellow humans while also hating orcs because they're too green and keeping elves out of his schools? Is it okay to be speciesist because the other guy is physically different and maybe ACTUALLY incapable of happiness and love and freedom or whatever?

And for the record, I would never let my daughter date a hobgoblin. That's just not right.

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
For me its the bloody Volus. Come on how can a race of superfat midget delboy's survive to become a space faring race. You'll never get your place on the council fattie, becuase your too busy shoving spaces twinkies into your noise hole whilst ringing your fat pudge hands at the thought of the next Quarian your going to rip off. F*** all Volus.

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
All the other races just have that little extra quality that sort of define them and make them interesting...I suppose even the Vorcha are cool if you look at them as what they are...just crazy tribal nut-jubs whose world view is based on pain... but the Batarians...sooooooo lame...nuke em all

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
Orcboyphil said:
For me its the bloody Volus. Come on how can a race of superfat midget delboy's survive to become a space faring race. You'll never get your place on the council fattie, becuase your too busy shoving spaces twinkies into your noise hole whilst ringing your fat pudge hands at the thought of the next Quarian your going to rip off. F*** all Volus.
damn dude you got issues of another kind... and they evolved on there own planet so being fat in there natural habitat is irrelivant

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
Legion said:
Azex said:
I really can't stand Batarians or Vorcha. They look like crap and they probably all smell. And 4 eyes? gross man. Gross.

The thought of a Batarian having some sort of artform or literature or even music makes me hate them more.
Hey guys, let's not forget that more likeable batarian who joins the team as companion mid-game and who even while being uncompromising about his batarian ideals allowed us to reexamine our preconcived notions about batarian culture and ultimately sympathize with the fate of this humble species which up untill that point had been portrayed as a brutish pack of thugs and murderers residing in the slaver-and-pirates-part of the galaxy.
Oh wait, that never happened...