i'm PISSED.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
It is issues like these where it is most important to retain an open mind rather than relying purely on imformation you've heard from PSAs. Whether or not someone drinks is their choice, not your's, and it certainly isn't something you have the right to punish them for. Their lives aren't going to go down the crapper immediately and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation. I'm not saying you have to start drinking yourself, but there is no need to act morally superior, seriously no one likes that guy.

Also, kudos on them drinking man drinks and not cruisers :p.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
what are you four?

most people drink a little under age. best thing you can do is sit and wait until they fuck up and get caught.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Unfortunately, there is not much you can do with respect to such circumstances. The best advice I can give you is to concern yourself with you and your own. I was out and about with a friend who was seven months pregnant when she decided she was going to use meth. I tried to talk her out it. In the end, I simply had to walk away. Clearly you weren't actually there in this instance, but if such a situation ever arises while you are around, the best thing for you to do is to walk away.

As a minor addendum, while it is admirable that you are determined to stick to your guns, so to speak, you cannot make others do so, and all the less so via violence.

Edit: Surprised and a little disappointed by all the posts either defending or advocating underaged drinking. Have a feeling the mods aren't partial to them.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I'd be annoyed they didn't invite me to drink. oH n0ez underage drinking! That may be a bit young, but almost everyone drinks before they're 21 and if they're doing at their homes IN MODERATION, then they're being smart. Don't be friends with them if you don't like it, but you might have trouble getting many friends in highschool with that attitude.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
Radeonx said:
...You're pissed because a few of your friends had a few beers and they were underage?
I don't see the big deal here.
Lol I'm gonna say this post kinda answers every other post

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I thought the legal age for drinking in "awesomeland" was 10, well I'll be damned, Sir nunoyadam biznes (I actually felt ridiculous for typing that :( )

Going with nearly everyone else's advice in the thread...Leave them be, hell, join in to an extent, especially if you plan on getting in on the drinking culture when it is legal, otherwise you will be the one doing serious damage to your health when you inevitably try and have 40 drinks in a night etc

They only had a few and in a safe environment, so I fail to see what your problem with them is...

Also, if you're getting annoyed about something like this...never visit Scotland :D

P.S It's all about moderation, underage or not

NoMansLand 666

Jan 14, 2011
gravitate said:
a large group of my friends went to one of my close friend's house. a lot of them left when some of them started drinking. im proud of them for leaving, but then there are 4 of my best friends drinking beer. they are all 13-14. i wasn't at that party, and i feel like i dodged a bullet. but i feel like punching all of them in the fucking nuts. i'm mostly pissed at the one the house belonged to for letting this happen. so, escapist, how do i take this out? what do i do? i can kick two of them in the ass, but the other two would probably piss on my grave.
Wow, if a couple of underage kids enjoying a beer grinds on you like that I'm going to take an educated guess that you've lead a sheltered life.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Obviously, you should be glad they only had a few.

Last Wednesday I had so much I was puking up blood. BLOOD.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Only drinking at 13/14? Where I live I'm posive kids are doing drugs by 14! Most of them started drinking, having sex and smoking when they were 10 or 12. My bold advice? Find new friends if you don't like it.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Your really freaking out about that? No biggy, if it really pisses you off hit 'em around a bit. I mean, I don't drink at all but I still don't see this as a problem.

Jun 16, 2010
A couple beers? Seriously? If your friends were slamming heroin, I could see being upset. But beer is hardly any worse than coffee/soft drinks (with caffeine) or Chinese food (with MSG).

dogstile said:

Pff, any loser can drink 'til they vomit blood. You'll only get my respect when you're vomiting BRAINS!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
James Joseph Emerald said:
dogstile said:

Pff, any loser can drink 'til they vomit blood. You'll only get my respect when you're vomiting BRAINS!
Does it count if I vomited all over a kids park, left a trail of it all the way home, and that it honestly felt like brains?

No? Well then, be impressed with the fact that i'm still getting pissed again next week. Open bar, BOO YAH

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
gravitate said:
a large group of my friends went to one of my close friend's house. a lot of them left when some of them started drinking. im proud of them for leaving, but then there are 4 of my best friends drinking beer. they are all 13-14. i wasn't at that party, and i feel like i dodged a bullet. but i feel like punching all of them in the fucking nuts. i'm mostly pissed at the one the house belonged to for letting this happen. so, escapist, how do i take this out? what do i do? i can kick two of them in the ass, but the other two would probably piss on my grave.
do what i do, tell them to not act like dumb shits

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
Growing what is colloquially referred to as 'a pair' might help. They anchor you, negating the tendency to drift towards the moral high-ground. You were not forced to imbibe alcohol, and you don't control these people.
Give this man a cookie. He knows what he is talking about. Anyways, theres really nothing wrong with that. Assuming you are American, this usually isn't a problem for abroad since they drink like fishes out of the womb, America has ridiculous standards for controlling people. Not making drinking and smoking illegal will probably limit the amount of people who binge drink and chain smoke. People being educated on the dangers are able to make informed decisions about what they want to do with their body. But since in America you have to be 21 to drink it's categorized as this near mythical thing you get to do when you are a grown up. So naturally, everyone wants to do it to the maximum. If this didn't happen people would just be like oh yeah we can drink tonight, we're mature and know that it isn't a big deal.

Captcha: withdrawl tscrit

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
So wait. The drinking age isn't there as a guideline. I'll try beer when I'm 21 (alright maybe 18. depends...), I don't see why most people my age (16ish) feel the need to drink beer. Thats what the rest of your life is for. You can wait 5 years, I promise, you already waited 16.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
they don't need you to tell them drinking is bad, that's what the hangover is for. They'll learn soon enough and if they don't, it's their problem, I'm not going to get worked up about teenagers who are dumb enough to get a drinking problem.