I'm your mother and "I can do whatever I want" attitude

LemonMelon

Jul 10, 2010
When you get older and realize your mother isn't going to be around forever you'll realize getting angry over petty things like waking you up to clean YOUR bathroom isn't such a good idea.

Learn to enjoy your mother more, before it's too late.

Apr 19, 2010
HG131 said:
xRagnarok19 said:
How about waking up at 9am
And it is her house and she can do whatever she wants including but not limited to;
kicking you out, not if he's under 18!
waking you up whenever she wants, Not if it can be classified as sleep deprivation and therefor abuse!
deciding not to give you food, Starving your kids is illegal, so nope!
taking away everything you think you own from you. They can't take away a bed or food or a toilet or water!
So, WRONG!
They can kick you out if they want they just need to provide for him wherever they send him,
9am is not sleep deprivation and your not gonna find someone who's not an immature teenager who will agree with that,
What I meant by the next one was not giving him good food and only providing him with some cheap food that I doubt he'll put up with,
They can take everything except the bare essentials.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
In all honesty, if you are 18 or over, move out and into low cost/income housing and be done with it.

If younger than 18...stfu and get over your ego. It's a parents right to get on their child's nerves, demand board/rent and generally do wtf they want because A) they have paid tens of THOUSANDS of dollars/pounds paying for you and your stuff, B) they own the house and you don't have a rent contract with them so yes they can do what they want.

In short, move out or deal with it and quit QQing about respect since you've got a hell of a lot to pay them back for.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Jesus your bitching because your mom did some of your chores and inconvenienced you by waking you up? If you hate it so much save up and move out, then see how much y ou miss your mom cleaning for you.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
This has to be a troll, seriously? What more could you have typed to enrage people. "My dad totally grounded me for the weekend"

...seriously count your blessings and quit whining to the internet.
Courtesy is one thing, this just negates any right you had to be irritated.

Sleifer

Sep 11, 2008
I dunno to me common courtesy goes out the window when dealing with parents. In my eyes they simply have more rights than other people as far as how they treat you goes. There's certain lines that shouldn't be crossed, but the law usually takes care of that. There will definitely be times when you'll have to show them tough love, but unless there's something like crippling abuse, drugs or sexual harassment and stuff like that involved, it's up to you to put on a brave face until you can prove to them that they no longer have control over your life. It doesn't have to be through moving out, I mean, you know your parents best, be creative about it.

HG131 said:
Just hit him. If he hits back, call the police. He gets in trouble with the law, you win.
If this is even remotely serious, then holy crap that is up there among the list of the absolute worst advice I've heard people give. Why, WHY would you escalate something as petty as that to physical violence involving POLICE? Seriously, god damn man.

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
Sleifer said:
I dunno to me common courtesy goes out the window when dealing with parents. In my eyes they simply have more rights than other people as far as how they treat you goes. There's certain lines that shouldn't be crossed, but the law usually takes care of that. There will definitely be times when you'll have to show them tough love, but unless there's something like crippling abuse, drugs or sexual harassment and stuff like that involved, it's up to you to put on a brave face until you can prove to them that they no longer have control over your life. It doesn't have to be through moving out, I mean, you know your parents best, be creative about it.

HG131 said:
Just hit him. If he hits back, call the police. He gets in trouble with the law, you win.
If this is even remotely serious, then holy crap that is up there among the list of the absolute worst advice I've heard people give. Why, WHY would you escalate something as petty as that to physical violence involving POLICE? Seriously, god damn man.
You'll understand more if/when you spend more time on here. People have very different views. Also sometimes they aren't serious :p. Don't mean to be condescending, just sayin'.