Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011

It appears that the next game in the series will take place during the American revolution and will star a Native American ancestor this time around.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Kingme18 said:
Aaaaannndddd this game just became a must buy for me!
Agreed, its the Tomahawk that sealed the deal for me. I bet they will replace the throwing knives.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i was hoping for a girl voiced by the same va as femshep but this sound good enough

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I was hoping for the Russian revolution but I guess it makes sense here as well. At least it isn't Ezio AGAIN. (I did like Ezio, however.)

I do however hope for the ability to actually aim and fire my gun. And before I am called out saying "Don't turn it into a shooter!" I am not suggesting a shooter, I would however like to pick off enemies with my gun without having to be within 20 feet of them. To compensate and not make it a shooter, add a noise aspect or make reload times take forever.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
This is interesting. Victorian England would have been my preferred choice but this is very good as well. I'm really looking forward to see what they're going to do next with the story and what new ways of killing people we'll have, besides the obvious axe and gun from the picture and their trademark, the hidden blade.
I don't know whether it's true but I've read that they've been working on it for the last three years, so hopefully, it will be good and polished game. I'm certainly excited.

Edit:
Janus Vesta said:
Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.
Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii] received this picture from a Best Buy worker. He claims that it's the game's promotional art.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Arontala said:
I had assumed that the third game would be fully set in modern times, but now it seems like they'll need to come up with yet another reason to put Desmond back into the Animus.
Well, maybe he misplaced those salad tongs...

*cough* I'm sorry, I just had to.

But really, it does strike me as odd, but then again, that's Ubisoft. Sometimes I get the feeling they have no idea what they want to do.

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
undeadsuitor said:
I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.
They already have guns brotherhood/revelations

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
way2sl0w said:
undeadsuitor said:
I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.
They already have guns brotherhood/revelations
Ezio first gets his hands on a gun in AC2. In the series' chronology, guns appear...significantly ealier.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Terminate421 said:
I was hoping for the Russian revolution but I guess it makes sense here as well. At least it isn't Ezio AGAIN. (I did like Ezio, however.)
The Russian Revolution (well...the fall of the tsarist regime) is already being covered in a comic series.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I'm betting it's fake.

That outfit is a horrid abomination. I mean absolutely shitty. Trying to mix the original outfit with revolution era buckles, just wrong wrong wrong. Go one way or the other.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
skywolfblue said:
I'm betting it's fake.

That outfit is a horrid abomination. I mean absolutely shitty. Trying to mix the original outfit with revolution era buckles, just wrong wrong wrong. Go one way or the other.
It was at a best buy as a promotional image. So it's almost 100% confirmed.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Eug, of all the amazing times they could have gone with over the course of history, all the little known time periods with huge story potential they went with the *that*. Another opportunity to go all 'AMERICA YEAH!' and so on...

Ah I'm probably being unfair and it's not like I was a big fan of the series to begin with anyway. Still I can't help but think there are so many other setting which could have been so much more interesting.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Korten12 said:
skywolfblue said:
I'm betting it's fake.

It was at a best buy as a promotional image. So it's almost 100% confirmed.
Bummer then.

I was kinda looking forwards to AC3 hoping for perhaps a female protagonist or what not. But this picture alone managed to suck a lot of the desire I had right out.

I'm not to sure how I feel about the Native American pitch, it just seems so strange and bizarre. A lot like the outfit, a weird bastardization of cultural ideals that don't really fit. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and will all work out for the best, but my initial feeling isn't a good one.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
It was always going to be a challenge for Ubisoft to move the AC series into a modern setting, I mean, you could come up against the worlds most dangerous martial artist today and only need 20ft and a loaded glock to beat him/her.

If it is set in the Revoloution then there is still room for hand to hand combat but I think they will have to put a larger emphasis on stealth, no more just running into a enemy patrol and beating them with counter attacks. I always felt that AC never felt like stealth was of paramount importance because you just become practically impossible to be defeated.

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
On one hand, I'm happy because of no more Ezio.

On the other, it's too predictable. Ehhhhh.