Imagine, if you will...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Okay, so imagine a scenario whereby the entire universe is populated by fictional characters, a la The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And by that, I don't just mean literature and such. Imagine that the entire universe corresponds exactly to pretty much every piece of fiction, every game, every film, every book, just everything that there is. Imagine all of that really exists. And then forget about any continuity problems or paradoxes or anything like that. Pretend they've been retconned however you wish. So we have the ultimate fictional playground, in real life, with no problems.

My question, then, to you is: What would you do? This is purely a hypothetical situation to see what people would do in such a universe. What would you do for a living, how would you cope with such a universe, who would you hang around with, and so on. And you can be in any time period for these as you wish, as well.

Me, I'd be a freelance mercenary. I'd want to be able to just go anywhere and see anything, and meet anyone, doing jobs for people as and when they need them. So one day I might be delivering a package with the Planet Express crew, the next day freeing Eli Vance from Covenant forces on Coruscant. But what would you do? What would your life be like?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd probably try and hang around with the Firefly crew a fair bit. And possibly get a date with Luna Lovegood (for my reasoning, just look up the actress who plays her...).

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
i would buy my first shotgun

*looks around* and shoot this thing in the face

<------------

EDIT: another idea, buy a dark cloak and sunglasses along with business attire, look for Neo and keep saying

"Mr. Anderson Mr. Anderson Mr. Anderson Mr. Anderson Mr. Anderson Mr. Anderson"

FUCK YOU NAVI!!!!!!!!!!

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
I'd try to live normally, but I'd also look into joining the Colonial Military as a Raptor pilot. (Battlestar Galactica)

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I would die. Odds are I could never survive in a universe in which Eldritch Abominations can be found a few feet away from my house.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
I would die. Odds are I could never survive in a universe in which Eldritch Abominations can be found a few feet away from my house.
More realistically you would glance out a window and go insane. But they may destroy you accidentally... hrm... the question is, which is worse?

I would train to be a jedi/bounty-hunter/martial-arts-god/wizard/warlock/necromancer/dragon-hunter/Spectre/ninja. My palette would be full.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Go into the nearest corner and weep. Too many Eldritch Abominations from beyond, too many Cthulhus and Elder Gods, too many Lord of Chaos to contend with.

Oh no, we'd be proper screwed if that happened.

Assuming my mind survived the first few years intact? I'd become cargo freighter captain. Boring, stable and most of all safe job in a universe that is out to kill you, eat you, devour you, steal your soul and drive you insane, simultaneously.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
SakSak said:
Go into the nearest corner and weep. Too many Eldritch Abominations from beyond, too many Cthulhus and Elder Gods, too many Lord of Chaos to contend with.

Yes, but there'd also be your anti-Eldritch forces too, there are plenty enough anti-Eldritch forces in Lovecraftian mythology, and outside it too. It'd be pretty epic seeing the likes of Optimus Prime taking on Mother Hydra and Lord Dagon, right? Or I guess you could just get Light to write Cthulhu's name in the Death Note... ;)

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
Well, since I'd have grown up there, I wouldn't think it particularly special and I'd probably keep on doing the same old thing :V

But seriously, I'd be a Jedi. Not even a question.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Dark knifer said:
I'd kill myself. A universe without system of a down isn't worth living in.
SOAD would still be there. This is if all fictional stuff got transplanted into the world as it is, so stuff that really exists would still be there too. Hell, I reckon Sgt. Johnson would have something to say if there was no SOAD in the world ;)

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Trivun said:
SakSak said:

Yes, but there'd also be your anti-Eldritch forces too, there are plenty enough anti-Eldritch forces in Lovecraftian mythology, and outside it too. It'd be pretty epic seeing the likes of Optimus Prime taking on Mother Hydra and Lord Dagon, right? Or I guess you could just get Light to write Cthulhu's name in the Death Note... ;)
Yes, but the good guys don't always win. And even when they do, keep in mind how many nameless civilians usually die in the process.

We'd probably be those nameless civilians.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Get fit, get ridiculously good doctor #9001 to cure my asthma, and become a runner.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Create the Church of Rod Serling, and to all that oppose it I kill them off, but they still perceive the world around them as they are still in the living world until they are driven mad by a hitchhiker...

And once I have done that! I learn under Gordon Freeman

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
First of all, I'll get the G Gudam.

Then I challedge every single Giant mech in the universe...Um, except for Gurren lagaan...Those guys, would be on my side...That, OR I would pay Kamina with the entire cast of sex warrior pudding.

Anyway, any asshats you guys want me to curb stomp while I'm out?