Imagine the worst possible movie adaptation for your favourite game, what would it look like?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Right I'm back from my holiday now and I figured I'd get right into it with a thread that I thought of on the holiday. See I had been thinking a lot about video game based movies at the time and yes I think it is safe to say that they suck. But my question is more of a 'let's be creative' kind of scenario. Take your favourite game, or at least the one with the story that most appeals to you... now I want you to imagine a film adaptation that completely messed it up. How bad would it be, I'll give my example which is (amazingly) Halo (again), here is my interpretation of how crappy they could make Halo as a movie:
1. Have washed up Christian Slater play Masterchief
2. Have Tira Reed play Cortana and make her an obvious sex symbol
3. Remove all the good music from the game and replace it with crappy heavy metal
4. Turn the covenant from a religious hedemony of alien races beleiving they are on a divine quest instead into a bunch of salivating monsters that behave like alien from the film series of the same name, also make their CGI animation on the same level as a kids TV show.
5. Have the Arbiter be a guy wearing makeup or a costume left over from Doctor Who.
6. Replace the story about religous power struggle and human determination all based around the giant rings and instead make a story about these aliens infesting a remote colony on Mars.
7. Include the 'comedy' of the guys who made the Movie franchise.

That's my idea of how bad they could screw it up anyway.
So how about you? What is your favourite game and how badly can they screw it up if they made a movie of it? How loathsomely horrible could it look, who would direct it and who would star in it?

P.S It's good to be back at long last.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Turn mirror's edge into a grimy, grey film about a long winded political resistance to an oppressive government for without any of the pulse pounding action, colour or breath-taking stunts that characterised the game.
Also welcome back. How was your holiday?

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I've had the same thoughts about the upcoming (and horribly spoiled script before the film has even begun being shot) God of War and I just KNOW they're going to coque it up by casting that fuque nugget Vin Diesel as Kratos, Stifler's Mom as Athena, Ryan Reynolds as Ares, and Justin Long (Mac spokeswank) as until now non-existent Aeolus, Kratos' wacky sidekick.

Even if directed by Jesus Christ himself, that (particular inception of this) movie would be shit.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
lostclause said:
Turn mirror's edge into a grimy, grey film about a long winded political resistance to an oppressive government for without any of the pulse pounding action, colour or breath-taking stunts that characterised the game.
Also welcome back. How was your holiday?
Oh man it was great, I went over to this little Island called Rottnest just a few miles away from Perth. Go there every year as a sort of tradition, you know how it is just roll your favourite bike down that same road you went down when you were four.... ahh nostalgia.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
Welcome back Vrex, hope you had a good holiday.

On topic, I seriously would hate to see a movie adaption of Bioshock, starring John Waters as Andrew Ryan even though they look alike.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Inspired by a nightmare I had once. I woke up, and the first thing I did was fire up photoshop to recreate it a best I could. I'm warning you, it's so bad it's horrible. You will require Mind Bleach if you view this image.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Hmmm.... a Half-Life movie where Gordon Freeman talks (or maybe make a musical of it).

Neurowaste

Apr 4, 2008
Dead space into some stupid quarantine-like movie....have it be 90% CGI and take out the religious/scientologis undertone of the game. Shudder.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Mother 3:
It's directed by Uwe Boll.
That just about gurantees it to be a failure.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Fanusc101 said:

On topic, I seriously would hate to see a movie adaption of Bioshock, starring John Waters as Andrew Ryan even though they look alike.
Wasn't there going to be a movie of bioshock?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Scrythe said:
Inspired by a nightmare I had once. I woke up, and the first thing I did was fire up photoshop to recreate it a best I could. I'm warning you, it's so bad it's horrible. You will require Mind Bleach if you view this image.

I'm going to be having nightmares for a while....

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Fanusc101 said:

I would have to say a Bioshock gritty action gore-fest with no attempts at subtle humour and satire, nor the amazing revelation near the end of the game. So pretty much an undersea shoot-em-up movie with junkies.

Edit: Oh an isn't Rottnest Island the island with all those little critters which you punt around? Or am I mistaken?

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
I'm quite glad the Zelda movie [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8] was just a joke. I would have never played the games again in shame if that actually came out.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Angerwing said:
Fanusc101 said:

I would have to say a Bioshock gritty action gore-fest with no attempts at subtle humour and satire, nor the amazing revelation near the end of the game. So pretty much an undersea shoot-em-up movie with junkies.

Edit: Oh an isn't Rottnest Island the island with all those little critters which you punt around? Or am I mistaken?
The Quokka's? Yeah it is, though I don't punt them, I think I'm too compassionate.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Scrythe said:

Dude, that would be awesome in a "so bad it's hilarious" way. Maybe because I don't like FF7, maybe because that game's dialogue is so laughably amateurish that the actors in that picture would be an improvement...but man...that's hilarious. Thanks for that.

On-topic, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, done as a whiny chick flick in which the protagonist is a Mary Sue who has a love affair with Martin Septim (which has probably happened in a 14-year-old girl's roman-a-clef fanfic, which is why I don't read fanfics.) I'd rather see Oblivion done by Michael Bay (if only because mages of the Destruction school would be kickass.)

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Detective PAC is a badass, motorcycle riding retired cop which bitching shades. He was forced back into commission when his wife was killed inside a mysterious mansion. Donning a yellow suit of armor and heading inside, he realizes that it contains ghosts and mystic pellets, a source of such awesome power that they had to be locked away thousands of years ago. He and his wisecracking black sidekick (played by Will Smith) must avoid the demons and find there way out of the horrifying building before it is too late.

Directed by Uwe Boll, of course >.>