Improvements for Mass Effect 2

Fallensky7

May 21, 2008
Ok first off, Mass Effect was an amazing fucking game. Great graphics, sweet story, awsome characters, and cool combat.

That being said, it was not with out its faults. Such as buggy soft shadows, retarded squad commands, irritating menu interface, and possible the worst vehicle handling ever..

What do you think should be a focus of development/bug fixing/additional features for the makers of Mass Effect 2?

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
The inventory could use some tweaking, but generally was fine.

A good autosave function is definately needed.

Make the techie and soldier classes less boring.

The choices you made in the first game should affect the second game, moving over saved files and all that shit. There should be a "non-saved" option if you didn't beat the original or lost the save file, the choices you make about your characters background should fill in the blank's for the first game's choices.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The actual story should be twice as long. That's about the only demand I'd really have for the sequel. Though a better inventory system is definately the next on the list, oh and a better Ability system would help, it was frustrating so I usually just levelled up in all of the passive skills that granted me boosts I didn't have to activate.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I definitely agree about the inventory. But I'm one of the few people who was fine with the Mako. If anything it was just a little boring - you would just sit there and jump over any missiles shot at you while hammering away at the enemy. It would be cool if you fought other rovers similar to the Mako, that would force you to have to keep moving. And it would be sweet if you could upgrade it to make it faster, better weapons and armor, etc. But the controls are fine the way they are, imo.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
I think they're overhauling the whole game for the PC release, so you might get your wish granted for the original soon.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
PedroSteckecilo said:
The actual story should be twice as long. That's about the only demand I'd really have for the sequel. Though a better inventory system is definately the next on the list, oh and a better Ability system would help, it was frustrating so I usually just levelled up in all of the passive skills that granted me boosts I didn't have to activate.
Well, they probably can make the story quite a bit longer since they dont need a new engine for this game.

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Well I would definately like for them to cut out the stupid Romance sub-plots so the over-protective parents can go and ***** somewhere else, I would also like the micro-maanging to be worth it instead of adding an extra 3.647463% onto your damage against a one of a kind enemy you only meet once in the entire freaking game. A wider array of Vehicles, like Motorcycles and flying machines and allthat crap, it was a son of a bee trying to get that thing to get to fight against a Threshermaw, so I eventually just got out of the vehicle and managed to do it first time, and on the Magma planet I also found myself getting out of the Vehicle for fights; not only does it give you more XP but it was ten times easier, but my biggest pet peeve was the emptiness of some of the main place; it's meant to be a huge city but I only ever meet 3 assassins on the way to the strip club, where are the other perverts walking with you!?

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Can we get a game that can actually load itself without gobs of pop in on the 360? (And pretty much what everyone else already said.)

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
1.Wrex is back.I don't care if one of the choices gets him killed, ME2 can read my f*cking savegame.
2.Side-quests that aren't just the same quest with a different briefing.
3.More than just 4 (more-or-less) linear story planets.
4.FPS elements that don't fail so badly.Why bother investing credits & XP onto a good Sniper/Assault Rifle if the Enemy AI runs right onto you.If I ever get my hand on ME again,I'm rolling a full-shotgun/damage build.
5.A lot more RPG in terms of gameplay.
6.NO LESBIAN SEX SCENES!

I mean honestly, as awesome as ME is, it fails in so many ways when you compare it to KOTOR, it's spiritual praquel.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
My personal suggestion for the next game is to make each class more unique, perhaps even give the play the option of playing the game the way they'd like to

E.g: You select if you'd like your character to be a criminal, soldier or government agent.

My example of a unique class for the next Mass Effect on the Mass Effect forums was a revamped engineer, with the engineer using a cool exo-suit to abosorb damage and throw people around like little dolls, as well as tearing them into bits.

As well as the lifestyle choices making the character use items and classes differently.

E.g: A character with the criminal lifestyle choice has a special sheild generator vest hidden under a trenchcoat as opposed to an overt suit of armour.

Also, the criminal version of the soldier (gunner) has a unique method of attack: One handed assault rifle on full-auto.
Firing one handed and on full auto, the gun fills the air with metal and will most likely devastate large groups as well as execute dead close enemies.

Or for another example, a criminal biotic would have chaotic and devastating powers and a goverment biotic would have heavily focused powers.

Basically, this would feel way better in terms of gameplay to make player choice feel more game altering.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
JakubK666 said:
1.Wrex is back.I don't care if one of the choices gets him killed, ME2 can read my f*cking savegame.
2.Side-quests that aren't just the same quest with a different briefing.
3.More than just 4 (more-or-less) linear story planets.
4.FPS elements that don't fail so badly.Why bother investing credits & XP onto a good Sniper/Assault Rifle if the Enemy AI runs right onto you.If I ever get my hand on ME again,I'm rolling a full-shotgun/damage build.
5.A lot more RPG in terms of gameplay.
6.NO LESBIAN SEX SCENES!

I mean honestly, as awesome as ME is, it fails in so many ways when you compare it to KOTOR, it's spiritual praquel.
Yeah it gets annoying how the gameplay makes vanguard/soldier the only class for insane.

On the subject of insane, why do I have to play the game at least 3 times to get the achievements?

Squarewave

Apr 30, 2008
1. Make the good/evil system actually mean something, there was only a couple of points in the game ware it would change anything at all. It felt very forced most of the time like they were trying to make it look more like an rpg then a fps with no real gain to ether

2. Stop having enemies try to melee you, esp without any melee weapons. Trying to play as a light armor character was harder then it needed to be do to 1/2 the mobs just running up and smacking you in the head

Nov 28, 2007
sammyfreak said:
The choices you made in the first game should affect the second game, moving over saved files and all that shit. There should be a "non-saved" option if you didn't beat the original or lost the save file, the choices you make about your characters background should fill in the blank's for the first game's choices.
They're already doing that.

On-topic....just make more variety in the side-quests, and make the sniper rifle useful. Other than that, I have no complaints. (I actually had no problems with the Mako. Go figure.)

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Customizable spacecraft, and flying missions. I'd also really like less bipedal enemies, and more robots.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Booze Zombie said:
E.g: You select if you'd like your character to be a criminal, soldier or government agent.
Your character is however you left him at the end of Mass Effect. Commander Shepard is the player character for the whole trilogy.

The main improvements I'd like are better enemy AI, more use of tech abilities from enemies, an adjustable lookspeed (seriously, enemies in close can sidestep and shoot faster than your camera turns, this is not fun), better inventory management, and better balance for armour and equipment, rather than there simply being one "best" set of gear and everything else being trash by comparison.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
Maybe they could add in more than two or three models for the armor and weapons. The inventory system also needs to be addressed. Also for what reason do I still have horrible popup in my 360 games?

Sheppard

Apr 9, 2008
sammyfreak said:
I totally agree with you.