In-Game Habits That Leak Into Your Real Life

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Sometimes when I'm standing still i start doing the animatons protagonists do in games when you leave them alone :p.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hoarding money, something thats developed from years of Total War games.

No matter how much money I have (ingame or real life), I never want to spend any of it, just incase something bigger comes along.....or yet another fucking Tosa army decides to march into my unprotected territories.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
"Would you kindly?" actively works on me in real life.

It's a very effective version of mind control.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I don't have the physical prowess to do most of the stuff people do in games...

But for a while I could not stop thinking in portals in the real world, which makes me sad such a technology doesn't exists.

Keymik

Oct 18, 2008
I can't sit on benches anymore without folding my hands together and bowing my head forward. Some of my friends have even called me out on it because I tend to always wear a hoodie xD

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Just like in rpgs, I make sure I have everything I could ever possibly need before going anywhere.
Also the Professor Layton puzzle theme plays in my head whenever I try to think.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I sometimes call my currency the name of the in-game currency. Gold, credits, etc. Oh, the looks!

I also have a bad habit of calling my in-game friends by their game names when we hang out. My friend Wilson I called by in-game name for a year before I bothered to learn his real name, so now I call him 'Ther' short for his in-game name, 'Therwild'. It just seems far more natural to me to call him Ther. Also Haz (Hazmatty), Faded, Dis (Disillusion). If I met you in-game first or you tell me a nickname at our first meeting, then that's your new name. Choose wisely, Vagpumper69.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I take animations and body language off characters. I never crossed my arms before I played Mass Effect 2, now I do it all the time. Same with putting one hand on my hip or sitting in the seiza position from Fate/Stay Night. My running movements generally take from whatever game I've just been playing. Et cetera.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well thanks to this video

I think "GET DUNKED!" is my new favourite battle cry/insult XP

Also the Golems have now been renamed the Stone Brothers in my book.

'K more on topic nao.

I have to stop myself from using fighting game/MOBA game terms irl. If I start using the phrase "salty" outside of fighting games fucking shoot me.

I fear I shall start coming up with double entrendres with MOBA talk soon if I keep playing LoL too...

"So I CC'd her so hard she had to Cleanse herself afterwards..."

[sub]*shoots self*[/sub]

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
As a habit of being brought up on Tony Hawk games, I used to look at everything and decide if it would be grindable and what sort of skateboard tricks you could do off it.
That's kind of wearing off now, to be replaced by the Assassin's Creed sensation of deciding of stuff is climbable. The older the building, the better.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Daaaah Whoosh said:
When I walk through a crowd, I turn my shoulders and sometimes put my hands on people's chests, just like Altair. Thankfully, it's only a short-term effect of Assassin's Creed playing.
So I'm not the only one who does that but I usually do it while wearing my hoodie and listening to the Assassin's Creed theme song. Oh I also take time going down the stairs and explore my environment listening to my thoughts as if I am in Heavy Rain.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
After playing as a fully Renegade Shepard in all three Mass Effect games in multiple playthroughs, I have found myself to be more assertive and "alpha male-ish" in conversations. I wouldn't be surprised if, while I'm having a conversation with someone I don't like, I punched them in the face as they are talking. Also, for their own safety, I tend to stay away from reporters.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I steal everything i can, most of the time it`s useless stuff and i`m still glad the police didn`t caught me after one of my GTA sessions.
I also tend to reload after almost every single shot.

Geth2

May 3, 2012
Also doing the Dead Rising at stores, seeing what items around every store I go to could be used as a weapon

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
When I used to play a lot of FFXI, I would find myself trying to type /map when I woke up in the morning. Looking at the map had become almost a nervous tic for me.

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Back in November of last year when Skyrim came out, I was playing it a bit too much. Around that time, I cut myself while shaving and decided it was best to reload a previous save. I stood there for about 15 seconds before the reality of the situation dawned on me.