In Her Image: a Pokémon RP

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Darius looked at his opponent's pokemon, one a Rhyhorn, the other something he didn't recognize, but considering that it had wings and looked akin to Zubat, he had a somewhat good opinion on the type being at least flying, but the wings were much too small to support that (comparatively) huge body with a stinger the size of a Venusaur's tooth. And although he'd heard the roar of the Garchomp earlier, he had not bothered to notice it. Until now.

It was huge, menacing, and obviously a fully-evolved Dragon-type, that in itself was grounds for the split-second lapse of attention to his own fight at hand, but it did give him new insight into their real enemy, and an idea. And it was not positive in any sense of the word. He pulled a pokeball from his belt, but kept it hidden behind his back, clutched in his fist.

"Daffy, Knuckles, get ready,"He said in a steady voice,"NOW! Knuckles, Dig down! Rip into that Rhyhorn from below and come back with your Sand Attack, blind him, finish him with Crush Claw! Daffy, throw every Water Pulse you can at the bat, knock it back, confuse it, beat it into the ground!"

"And finally,"Darius said, quickly moving after the attacks were completed, and throwing the pokeball as far into the stadium as he could,"WHISMUR!"He called out as the light began coalescing into her form,"Trust me! Don't be frightened, you're better than that Dragon-type! Astonish! You remember that don't you?! We worked on it for three weeks, now you get to use it in a battle! I'm sorry, I should've made you battle earlier than this, but do it now! For every Pokemon and trainer here! Matt needs your help!"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
The battle was looking like it was on course for a victory for Caleb. With Raiden out in the midst of a rainstorm, his Thunderbolt would become stronger; however, the grunt?s Gyarados would also receive the same benefit, that is, if it survived long enough to take advantage of the weather.

Gyarados made a head long charge towards Raiden, intent on bringing the pain with its Thrash. Caleb watched as Raiden deftly avoided such a headstrong attack, along with the rubble that was being thrown about as a side effect. Raiden had skillfully managed to get behind the enraged Atrocious Pokémon, his fur positively charged with electrical energy, poised to deal a mighty blow when...

GYAAAARRRRAAAHHHRRRHH!!!

*CHOMP*

Caleb watched in fear as Raiden was snatched up in the Gyarados's jaw; but he could see that his Luxray wasn't about to suddenly give up. He could see Raiden charging up again, then let out every single volt of electricity within his body.

"Hitting that Gyarados at such a close range, must mean its going to fall, and hard." Caleb thought to himself, his confidence in his furry friend restored as he saw huge sparks coarse through the Atrocious Pokémon as its jaws opened up, letting Raiden fall free, who just barely managed to regain his balance upon impact; that bite must of really hurt. Without a moments rest, the next grunt stepped up to challenge Caleb.

"Yer one luck sonnabitch, ain't ye! Let's see ya take on these!" The grunt said in a cocky manner, as he let two Pokéballs fly, and out came a Lunatone and a Magneton. Caleb could clearly see that Raiden was in no fit state to battle. He immediately called for Raiden's return, and watched him fade away in the red beam of light that emanated from his Pokéball.

"Well done Raiden, you've certainly earned a rest now my friend. Good job!" Caleb said with a reassuring smile as he already pulled out his next two battlers.

"You know, I haven't thought in a Double Battle for a little while now. Let's see if I've still got it. Go Raphael! Go Sebastian!"

As the two were released, they already assumed a fighting pose, with Raphael performing a series of punches and kicks finished off with flames; and Sebastian stood there with a fierce look of determination in his eyes.

"Alright guys, this is how we're going to do it. Raphael, be careful of that Lunatone, its Psychic type will put you at a disadvantage; and whilst I would normally have you use an Ember against that Magneton, the recent weather has meant it won't be as effective, instead I want you to use a Brick Break. Sebastian, concentrate your attacks on that Lunatone, specifically using Shadow Ball. But both of you be careful of all this rubble."

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lee didn't know what to do, any direct damage attack duskull had was ghost type, useless against delcatty 'any ideas duskull' duskull chuckled under its breath, yet another chance to show its natural ability to cause suffering, making sure to keep up the will-o-wisp flames duskull brought himself closer to the ground. The moment delcatty left the ground he would shadow sneak into the ground while bring the flames together into one large flame, leaving delcatty no way to avoid jumping straight into it and then onto the concrete floor below, which it would hopefully do with some force as it would have to dive at duskull from above like it did previously.

Octillery noticed he liked rain, he had normally spend his time below water watching to seaweed to relax, so he hadn't experienced before. He wanted to spend more time enjoying it but he knew the tyrogue would try and stop that, octillery readied to shoot tyrogue in the eye with an octozooka, that should keep him busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRu-oEwA0Ec

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Kayla was torn. On one hand her new friend, the intense Daria, was in trouble. On the other there was some sort of Dragon tearing up the Stadium, putting everyone in danger. Looking over at Daria she saw the Hitmonlee fighting to protect Daria. The choice was simple. She had to help stop that Dragon type.

"King, Adelpha, Milan! Return" Kayla called back three of her pokemon and started to run to the edge of the level. "Skylar! Fly me down there!" Skylar flew above Kayla, letting Kayla grab her leg.

Together they speed down to the floor of the stadium and into battle once again. Kayla let go as the flew over the dragon.

"KAYLA DENIT TO THE RESCUSE!" Kayla yelled as she fell onto the dragon, wrapping her arms around its neck attempting to distract it from the other trainers. "Skylar use Hyper Beam!"

The fearless Fearow spun around in midair and charged at the stranger looking pokemon. Bright energy gathered around her beak and she launched it at the enemy's stomach before twisting away, drained.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"Damnation, this guy is strong! But not even big feller like him can stand up to the power of good ol' fashioned FRIENDSHIP!! YO MATT!! WHAT NEXT!?!?"

Matt had no answer for his panicking ally. And even if he did have one, there was no way he could have verbalized it; he was too caught up in his shock, staring silently at Persephone's passed out form at his feet.

One hit. Just one. That was all it had taken to take her out. She and Spike were almost the same in terms of health, while Ditzy was even lower. Ventus had a little more, what with being evolved and all, but even with that... If he was willing to sacrifice every last one of his friends, how much time would it buy him? Four rounds? Three? What could he possibly do in that amount of time? Try to put Eres' Pokemon to sleep again? Actually try to knock him out. Tch. Yeah right. What were the odds of that happening? He couldn't win this. There was just no way.

He had to get away. That was all there was to it. He would not stand here and watch his only friends be beaten to the brink of death, stolen, and brainwashed. But how could he escape? Eres and the Dragon-type were staring right at him, ready to counter whatever he threw their way. How could he possibly get away from them!?

...Well, there was always Jack.

Matt's stomach suddenly threatened to lunge up into his throat, and he reflexively clasped a hand around his mouth. The acidic taste and scent of bile ran over his tongue and filled his nostrils, but the trainer forced himself to swallow the caustic fluid. Even thinking about this course of action filled him with dread and loathing, but... Yeah. It would probably work. And it wasn't like he had any other ideas.

Besides, if he was really honest with himself, if he had to choose between his friends and Jack... Well, that wasn't even a choice.

"Slagger." The whisper that left Matt's lips was barely audible; even the Rock-type, standing mere feet away, struggled to hear him. "Run back to Daria, okay? I... I'll be fine."

Mechanically, the lad fiddled around with his Pokeballs. There were two flashes of light, one red and one white, and when they finally cleared, it was Spike, not Persephone, that stood by Matt's side. Trembling, the Cyndaquil stared up at the Dragon-type in front of him, the flames on his back hardly more than embers. "Qu-Quil..."

"Spike," the lad dully intoned, his voice devoid of feeling or emotion, "I need you to listen carefully, okay? Put down a Smokescreen around us, one that stretches in all directions. Make sure that Eres can't see us, but... but make sure it doesn't cover Jack. Got it?"

The Fire-type stared up at his master, not quite sure he had heard him right. "Cyn... Cynda cyndaquil?"

"I know!" Matt almost screamed back, balling his hands into bloody fists. "Just do it!"

The Cyndaquil stood there, silent, for a moment, before squeaking out a quiet reply. "...Cynda."

A cloud of thick, dark smoke began to pour off of Spike's back, wafting through the air and slowly rising higher and higher. In a matter of seconds, it was already up to Matt's chest, and soon it would cover him entirely. As the smog drifted up to his neck, the trainer finally looked across the arena, his deadened eyes meeting Jack's disbelieving gaze. "Jack," he whispered futilely; there was no way the boisterous man could hear him from this distance. "...I'm sorry."

Then, bending down to scoop up his first and oldest friend, Matt took off into the smoke, desperately trying to leave the chaotic scene behind him.

Anayna

Aug 10, 2009
"Hey! Whaddaya think you're doing?"

Hardy puffed up with indignation at his partner Laurel. The nerve of that blundering beanstalk. The nerve.
Laurel offered no response beyond a mildly confused expression.

"That little one with the bone was mine! I had him! Why did you hafta take him out?" Hardy continued, prodding a thick finger into Laurel's thin chest for emphasis.

"But you said I should defeat the Cubone with my Cacturne."
"You idiot! I said 'watch me beat it alone and you'll learn'!"

Hardy's fat hand came down on the back of Laurel's head with a *smack*. Without skipping a beat the thinner man retaliated by picking up Cacturne's empty pokéball and clamping it onto Hardy's sizeable nose like a vice.

"OOOOUUUUUHHH! That's it! C'mere you! Stand still!"

*GAWMP*

The mismatched duo stopped their bickering as they realized that during their infighting the actual battle had ended. Aoulus had taken out Hardy's Piloswine whilst, somewhat surprisingly, Laurel's Cacturne had been beaten by Pineco.
The two men looked at each other and Hardy was first to break the silence.

"Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As if to mark the culmination of the battle the dark sky had started pouring. The heavy drops were flattening Rupert's unwieldy shock of hair as he looked at the aftermath. Aoulus and Pineco were standing tall over their defeated opponents. Well, Aoulus significantly more so than the far smaller Pineco but still.

Wow. Didn't expect Pineco to take out that cactus thing. Guess I shouldn't underestimate him. He's got a lot more going on under the surface than the bark shell would suggest.

Rupert's eyes shifted downwards to the unconscious Cubone in his arms.

I guess he's not the only member of the team with more going on below the surface.

The Kanto trainer suppressed the pang of guilt that rose up within him upon just looking at Cubone. He knew that he was responsible for the Ground-type's current state, and that didn't just refer to the cuts and bruises adorning him. That Cubone had harbored a resentment towards his trainer had shocked Rupert, but that would all have to wait. This was neither the time nor the place. The sky above them only seemed half as dreary as Rupert's current state of mind.
Upon finding Cubone's pokéball the trainer was for a moment scared that it wouldn't work any more. The dent in the upper half that marked the spot where Cubone had smacked it with his club was pretty darn deep. When pressed to the Ground-type it worked fine though, and the pokéball with occupant was returned to Rupert's trainer belt.

GAAAARRRRHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Rupert instinctively drew himself together and turned towards the center arena where there was no more giant metal serpent to be seen and yet the situation had not improved in the slightest. How did that happen? How could the subtraction of 'giant metal serpent' not improve any situation?!

"Oh no no no no no no. No. What is that? What even is that?! How many monstrosities is Eres hiding in his pockets? Calm down, Rupert. Calm down... Take charge, remember..."

The arena was fast becoming even more chaotic than when the Steelix first burst through the ground. A number of trainers and pokémon were converging there. Tom and Rupert had no time to lose. They needed to move. Whether they needed to help the others or if they needed to get the heck out of here Rupert hadn't decided on, but nevertheless they needed to move.
This was easier said then done as Tom and Rupert's path was blocked by another pair of goons.

"Well, looks like you kids got some moves!"

"Yeah... They do. But it ain't gonna do squat against us two!"

Oddly enough Rupert found that he was not intimidated by these two in the least. Perhaps it was the sobering experience with Cubone, or maybe his fear of that landshark monster below drowned out his fear of the goons. Funny how fear worked like that.

"T-Tom, you ready?"

Seeing as Pinecone was already out and seemed to be ready to take on the newcomers Rupert let him hop over to intercept the Jolteon and Bronzor. He did however retrieve Hoothoot, who he had momentarily forgotten was out, considering her crippling weakness against Electric types.

"Pineco, um... j-just keep Bug Biting that round one! Same strategy as last time: stay in the game for as long as you can. Use Protect if you get hurt too bad."

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Savannah watched on in bliss as her now-Milotic let loose a powerful Twister, sending the goon's puppet Pokemon tumbling across the arena ground. She could hardly believe at just how powerful her old friend had turned out to be, and how glad she was that it had happened to evolve in her time of need.

"Wow Feeb...I mean Milotic! I guess you've learnt some moves? I'll have to check you out"

Savannah reached into one of her particularly deep pockets, pulling out her trusty Pokedex, looking just as new as the day she first got it. She quickly pointed it at her newly evolved friend, trying to work out just what she was now in control of.

"Milotic, the Tender Pokémon. The evolved form of Feebas. It is said to be the most beautiful of all Pokémon, and is quite skilled in battle."

Whilst she was reading the Pokedex entry, her opponent began to stir. The Heracross slowly rising to it's feet, evidently not finished yet, determined to carry out it's masters orders until it could no more.
However Sav was well aware of this fact, and in fact had been counting on it. She knew the only way that that poor brainwashed Heracross was going to find any kind of peace, it would be purely in a lack of consciousness. She had noticed that the rain had slowly been getting heavier as the fight had progressed, and the light shower had become as heavy a deluge as it was probably going to be this time of the year.
This added precipitation clearly put Milotic at a distinct advantage, and looking at her new moveset, Sav knew just how to capitalise on it.

"Heracross, keep going at it with Brick Break."

Savannah waited for her foe to bark his commands to the addled large beetle Pokemon, which complied once again without hesitation, rushing at her friend, new form or no.

And then it happened. A flurry of glowing leaves flew past with great speed, slicing water droplets as the passed through the air. They seemed to form a makeshift shield, obscuring Savannah's view of her opponent and it's oncoming attack.
As the leaves dropped to the ground, a lone figure was now amongst their now lifeless forms.

"GROVYYYYYLE!"

Sprig's green visage stood resolute, locked against Heracross's horn with it's own Leaf Blade on it's head, having taken the Brick Break himself, he now found himself head-to-head with the brainwashed bug. Sprig looked deep into his opponents eyes for any sign of yielding, but all that answered him was a blanket stare that chilled him to his core.

"Grove...?"

Savannah was relieved to have her beloved friend back where she knew he was safe, but right now he was being unnecessarily headstrong, thinking he could take on the world by himself.

"Sprig! Me and Milotic have got this. You don't have to worry!"

The Wood Gecko Pokemon turned it's head slightly, listening to his Trainer before carefully considering her words. Truster Savannah's judgement, Sprig gave way and allowed himself to be returned to his Pokeball, out of harms way.

"Milotic, use Water Pulse!"

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
"T-Tom, you ready?"

"Huh?"

As if snapping out of a trance, Tom realized that he had been cheering on Aeolus for his second victory for quite a while. He had barely noticed that the grunts had sent out new pokemon. And one was most definitely... An electric type. Having lived in Ecruteak, Tom had seen his fair share of the Eevee sisters, and he knew how tough Jolteon could be.

"Aeolus, you'd better fall back! You're not in the condition to fight this one, so lets swap in Trapic, ok?"

Aeolus nodded and in seconds he had switched places with the small saurian pokemon.

"Ready Trapic? The guy's pretty fast so we'll need to get him distracted. So metal sound then dig!"

"Don!"

"Rupert, let's make them pay for this!"

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
*THWOCK*

Jet's Brick Break landed on Ringstar's left shoulder with a resounding thud. He then backpedaled in anticipation of the inevitable Counter. But it never came. Instead, Ringstar raised his right fist and started spinning it around like Anthony's Electabuzz before him. Once he grinded to a halt, the Hitmonchan revealed an electrified glove. ThunderPunch. He one one of those...

Ringstar became a blur as he closed the distance in a flash. Jet barely had time to avoid the attack as it hit the ground, smashing a crater in front of the Hitmonlee, fist crackling with leftover juice. Jet didn't waste any time countering with a Rolling Kick, hitting Ringstar squarely in the jaw and sending him flying down a couple of rows.

While this was happening, Anthony slowly woke up, mostly thanks to Gemini's Bubblebeam.

"Ug-ugh... Agh... GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE YA DAMN STARFISH!!!" The man yelled as he staggered to his feet, Gemini taking the opportunity to spin towards its own downed Trainer.

"ARGH! SHIT!! My ribs are killing me here! Where the hell are those two!?" Anthony asked himself as he limped towards the sounds of two rare Fighting-types going at it. As he peered over the railing at the bleachers below his eyes widened.

It was Jet. Panting, exhausted. Standing victorious beside a downed Ringstar.

"NO! How can this b-!!!!??!??"

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

The resounding sound of a tidal wave crashing down into the center of the stadium drew Anthony's eyes towards where his boss was.

"A-aniki!?! Where'd that attack come fr-" The Saffron enforcer's question got its answer as he spotted the Trainer behind the sudden deluge.

"Oh fuck..."

Meanwhile, Daria was slowly waking up to the same crashing wave, with Gemini staring her right in the eyes, gem gleaming.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"And finally, WHISMUR! Trust me! Don't be frightened, you're better than that Dragon-type! Astonish! You remember that don't you?! We worked on it for three weeks, now you get to use it in a battle! I'm sorry, I should've made you battle earlier than this, but do it now! For every Pokemon and trainer here! Matt needs your help!"

As Whismur's PokéBall released her down into the stadium below, the grunt's Gligar used Quick Attack, rushing towards Daffy and hitting him, sending him rolling backwards somewhat. The Water-type waddled back to his feet, clutching his now hurting head again.

Knuckles crushed his way beneath the concrete floor, Digging towards Rhyhorn. Daffy on the other hand formed yet another Water Pulse in his bill, shooting it at Gligar, who went down in one solid hit. Must've been a weaker Pokémon. Daffy looked somewhat surprised too.

Meanwhile, Rhyhorn was futilely trying to Stomp the ground in an attempt to unearth the elusive Sandslash.

"Damn it, ya damn oaf! Stop doin' that and evade that Dig!!"

*CRHUSHH*

Too late. Knuckles burst out of the floor, his claws doing massive damage to Rhyhorn's exposed underside. This wasn't enought to take down the massive Ground-type though. It got back to its feet and was now readying to charge Knuckle's in its rage.

"Now, Rhyhorn! Use Horn At-!"

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

"WHA!!?"

The battle was suddenly interrupted by the crashing sound of a tidal wave in the middle of the stadium. All combatants were drawn towards the now overflowing battle area. One thought rushed to the forefront of Darius' mind.

He'd just thrown Whismur in there!

"Alright guys, this is how we're going to do it. Raphael, be careful of that Lunatone, its Psychic type will put you at a disadvantage; and whilst I would normally have you use an Ember against that Magneton, the recent weather has meant it won't be as effective, instead I want you to use a Brick Break. Sebastian, concentrate your attacks on that Lunatone, specifically using Shadow Ball. But both of you be careful of all this rubble."

*CLONGG*

The sound of Raphael's clawed forearm hitting Magneton's Steel body resonated in the air as it recovered from the hit it'd just taken. Sebastian meanwhile, charged a Shadow Ball and released it at Lunatone, the shadowy blob doing massive damage to the half Psychic-type.

"Magneton! Use SonicBoom! Lunatone, Psywave!"

Magneton complied first, shooting a vacuum of air at Sebastian, knocking the Eevee back, before he regained his bearings and gracefully landed on his feet, ready for another Shadow Ball. Lunatone's eyes started glowing a muted pink as it released a peculiar psychic wave at Raphael. Caleb didn't seem phased though. Raphael soon understood it too.

The wave, while doing damage, didn't actually devastate the Fighting-type as the grunt had no doubt expected. Psywave was one quirky technique.

Before Caleb's duo could counter-attack, however. The sound of a huge wave interrupted them, drawing their attention.

What would undoubtedly draw both Caleb and Darius' attention as well, though were the cries some bleachers below from theirs.

"N-no! NO! MIGHTYENA!!!"

It was Ryan. The farmer boy from Sinnoh and his trusty Mightyena had lost. The boy was now helpless on the floor after the grunt had tossed him aside, obviously vying to imprison the defeated lad's Pokémon. He was just about to grab the Dark-type when...

*ZZZBBBBZZZZZTTTT*

Out of the blue, both the Grunt and his Pokémon were electrocuted into unconsciousness.

BzBZbZzbTONBzbzZZbBMAGNETbzBZTON

It was a Magneton, an insanely strong one at that. But whose was it?

"T-Tom, you ready?"

"Rupert, let's make them pay for this!"

The two boys were just about to attack their foes when...

"TOM!!"

Both Trainers and the grunts' attention was drawn to the direction of the voice. It was Ada!

"Thank goodness I found you! I wanted to return Kalmia to you! You dropped her Pokéball back on that field! Here!"

Ada threw Kalmia's ball back to Tom with all her strength. Too bad the thugs facing them wasn't about to afford the boy the chance to bolster his team.

"Oh no ya don't! Jolteon!"

Jolteon pounced, aiming to snatch Tom's Pokéball for a free Pokémon. No dice.

Pineco spun recklessly into Jolteon's path, putting up another Protect, which Jolteon promptly smashed its face against, allowing Kalmia to fly safely into Tom's hand. Ada cheered for the brave Pineco, maybe a tad too oblivious to the chaos surrounding her...

Pineco jumped back into the heart of the action, ready to take on Bronzor and Jolteon with Trapic when...

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

"Whut in darnation is going down over there!?!?"

"Ey... Ain't that where Eres-aniki was supposed to be??"

A huge wave had just inundated the center of the stadium where the boys knew for a fact Matt was facing a most fearsome opponent. Was he okay? If they squinted, the boys could just make out forms from the middle of the fading smoke and the water. Who was that man standing next to Matt?

*BWHOHHH*

Delcatty flew backwards to the floor as its body was severely burned by Duskull's successful tactic, while Tyrogue lay unconscious in the ground from Octillery's Octazooka. What was originally meant to just blind the wee Fighting-type had actually gone and knocked it out. Well, at least he'd get to enjoy the rain in peace right?

Yeah right, Tyrogue's unlawful owner was already digging out his next Pokéball.

"I'll show yous!!"

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

"HEEEEEH!!!!???"

Octillery could recognize that sound anywhere! It was a wave!

"Milotic, use Water Pulse!"

And she sure did! Charging a gorgeous sphere of sparkling water in front of her mouth, Milotic let fly with a Water Pulse that slammed into the Heracross like a runaway Piloswine cart, sending him flying backwards into the stands below. No need to go check. It was down for the count. Milotic had just won it's first battle since... EVER!

Savannah was no doubt eager to celebrate, but her newly evolved partner quickly shifted her attention down towards the arena. Something big was about to happen.

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

The grunt she had been facing turned to look at the action as well. What was that? Surf? Waterfall? How strong would a Pokémon be to pull off a Water-type technique of that magnitude? Was Matt alright? What about Remy, who was fighting that creepy man right above them?

"This ain't going too well, huh buddy?"

Sn-sneeeh... Sneah...

"Eeeeh? What's the problem, kiddo? Yamime giving you trouble, hmmmm? That Dark/Ghost combination proving to be a bit tricky? AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Things were grim for Remy, in an attempt to defeat Anton's Sableye, he'd switched Tentacool in, only to lose. Primeape was useless here so Sneasel was his only choice, but even he was having a tough time against the impish little foe. He looked to his right to see how Matt was doing to see...

"...SmokeScreen, what's he? ...Oh... Oh man..."

While the smoke might've rendered him invisible to Eres and Jack, up from where Remy was, everything was clear. He could see Matt leaving the scene hastily. He saw the big picture all too clearly. He saw... He saw...

He saw Matt stop and talk to a man in the smog?

"OI, OI, OOOI!!! D'ya really have time to be daydreamin', ya damn cur?!?"

Remy snapped out of it only to see Yamime dissolve into its own shadow for another sneak attack.

"Sneasel behind y-!"

*SLASHHH*

Yamime never made it over to Sneasel, as someone, rather something else had cut its attempt short. Yamime was KO'd and in front of Remy and Sneasel was a...

"A Weavile???"

The Weavile had just taken out Anton's Pokémon in one Metal Claw. Sneasel's evolved version looked back at Remy's Dark-type and winked confidently. Anton was less than ecstatic.

"Ah shit... He made it after all, eh?"

Remy was puzzled.

"He?"

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

"What the... Matt!!!"

Aeden had finally reached his destination. His lungs were on fire, he was soaked to the bone and he was utterly overwhelmed at the chaos at the scene.

Spectators, victims of the attack, screaming, lost, crying over their stolen Pokémon. Police officers, International Police agents scurrying around with some arrested thugs in nice suits, some of them unconscious. Reporters and TV crews trying to get their story.

The young man quickly spotted an opening and took it, sneaking inside the stadium. His Pokémon were already eager to fight these wrongdoers. They were going to be disappointed. The halls were pitch-black from the power outage, only the emergency lights just above the floor were there to show Aeden the incredible scene inside.

Thugs. Thugs upon thugs with their weird, blank eyed Pokémon laid unconscious on the floor. Someone had taken them all out already, but who? Aeden was startled by an eerie laughter that filled the empty, dark space he was in as it echoed through the hallways.

GHAHAHAHGHEGHAGEHGEGHEHGEHEGEH!!

He followed the laughter, guided only by his morbid curiosity until he found it. A large, purple, gaseous being hovering over his last victim, one of the thugs. It slowly turned around towards the boy and flashed a face splitting smile that threatened to impale its blood red eyes.

Gehehehehh... Geeeeeennnnggaaaaaarrrr...

The Gengar phased through a wall, even though there was a door only 2 feet to its left. Aeden opted for the door in question to follow the Ghost-type, and found himself in the North section of the arena where he saw everything.

The thick smoke in the arena, a dozen or so Trainers engaged in battle with the attackers. And mostly WINNING, too. And immediately to his left, a girl whom he recognized as Daria Pace from the battles on TV earlier, coming to from some sort of injury, being tended to by her Staryu. A ways further a menacing looking man in a tracksuit following the action below. And... The owner of that Gengar...

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

"KAYLA DENIT TO THE RESCUE!"

Kayla swooped in and promptly dropped onto Eres' Garchomp much to the annoyance of both the massive Dragon-type she was now molesting and its Master.

"What the hell..."

There was also a Whismur thrown into all of this insanity but she only made it halfway towards Garchomp before Matt put his final plan into action. Slagger shooting one more look of utter disappointment at Matt before rolling to Jack's position. The Hoennian was completely and utterly confused.

"Daria's Golem? What're ya doin' here brudda?? Matty-boy's the one who needs ya!"

Slagger just shook his head.

"What the..."

"I know! Just do it!"

In seconds, Matt and Eres, along with Kayla and Garchomp were completely covered in a thick cloud of smoke. As Matt took one last look at Jack, it hit him.

"M-Matt? What're ya? ...Hey... You wouldn't... GET BACK HERE BRUDDA!!! WHAT THE HELL D'YA THICK YER DOIN'??!? YA YELLOW-BELLY DUNSPARCE!!! HOW CAN YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?! HOW CAN YOU JUST RUN AWAY!?!?"

Darius' Whismur used the pained cries of the Hoenn native to find her way out of the smoke. She stuck close to Slagger, deducing that he was the best chance she had of getting back into her breeder's arms in one piece.

"Skylar use Hyper Beam!"

Kayla's order was now pretty useless. Skylar couldn't attack, not knowing where her target was. Instead, she tried to fly higher to spot her trainer. As she did so she swooped down and grabbed her by the shoulders, taking her up, saving her from the middle of all the chaos.

As Jack's screams rung heavily in the now fleeing Matt's ears, he suddenly grinded to a halt as he felt a presence right next to him. Was it Eres? Had he found him? How!? No. No, it wasn't him. This person exuded a totally different aura. If Eres was a raging earthquake, this guy was an icy waterfall.

"That loud kid is right, you know... What you're doing... It's really quite pathetic."

The mysterious man spoke to Matt, his harsh, icy words piercing deep into the boy's soul.

"I get that you love your Pokémon, but to protect them like this? Running and cowering behind a wall of smoke? This makes you no better than the very people you're trying to protect them from. What good are your partners to you, if you don't trust them to protect you?"

Something else was there with Matt, Spike and the man. It was large scaly and felt immensely powerful.

"Surf."

Suddenly the creature stirred, its eyes glowing blue as it opened its mouth and started charging immense amounts of water.

"I used to not trust my Pokémon. To me they were just tools. But with time I learned to appreciate them, trust them, see them as my equals. Who knows... You might too... In time. But before that can happen, you must expose the darkness in your soul."

The man's Pokémon released it all in one huge wave. The wave washed it all away, Garchomp, Eres and Matt's cover, but left Kayla, Jack and Matt unharmed. Eres got up, furious.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!?! WHO DARES INTERFERE IN MY BUSINESS!?!?!!"

With the smoke cleared, the man and his Pokémon were now in full view. To those up in the bleachers it was clear that this was the "partner" Looker had been expecting. The one whose Magneton had saved Ryan and Mightyena. Whose Weavile had saved Remy and Sneasel. And whose Gengar had single-handedly taken out all those grunts.

He was in his mid 20s. He wore a dark blue button-up shirt with red details, a pair of nice, black slacks and white and red tennis shoes. His face was stern. Cold and calculating, while at the same time, cocky and confident. His most distinguishing feature, however, was his long red hair, that reached his shoulders.

"I'm a man whose past has haunted him since birth. My father's sins have always followed me, wherever I went. I vowed I would never let those with criminal agendas use Pokémon to further their dark causes."

The red-haired man motioned to his Pokémon, a Feraligatr to attack. He complied without hesitation, rushing towards Eres' Garchomp before pouncing on it, Ice Fang at the ready.

*GHAWMP*

Feraligatr's fangs dug deep into the Garchomp who let out a pained roar before fainting. No one could believe it. The monstrosity that NO ONE was able to even inconvenience. Down. In one hit.

"I AM AGENT SILVER K. GIOVANNI, CAPTAIN OF THE INTERNATIONAL POLICE JOHTO BRANCH, AND YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Caleb let a smile slip as the sound of Raphael's clawed forearm resonated with the metallic body of the Magneton as it floated aimlessly midst the battlefield that was once a respectable stadium. It was then the turn of Sebastian who launched a violet and black colored blob of shadowy matter at the Lunatone, who was sent back a bit, reeling from the hit. Now it was the grunt's turn to strike.

"Magneton! Use Sonic Boom! Lunatone, Psywave!" The grunt shouted out. Soon the Electric/Steel type fired out a vacuum of air at Sebastian, who was sent tumbling back a bit before regaining his bearings and landing gracefully on his feet; looking as though he hadn't taken much damage. Lunatone's eyes then glowed a muted pink color, as it released a strange wave of psychic energy at Raphael. Both he and Caleb realised it hadn't done much, if anything at all to the Young Fowl.

"Well, it looks like that wasn't what you were expecting I take it? My move, Sebastian, atta-" Caleb was about to say attack, but was interupted by the sound of a huge wave behind them, which drawed their attention. As the water cleared, Caleb could seem the few remaining embers of a large smokescreen dissipating, and what looked like a Garchomp trapped in the icy maw of a Feraligatr. He then saw a man in his mid 20s shouting at a man who appeared to be the leader of these grunts.

"I AM AGENT SILVER K. GIOVANNI, CAPTAIN OF THE INTERNATIONAL POLICE JOHTO BRANCH, AND YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!"

"Well well well, the famous, or rather infamous depending on your point of view, Silver K. Giovanni. You've certainly done well for yourself. You must be the partner that Looker was telling us about earlier. I must say, what a time to make an entrance." Caleb said to himself as he turned the grunts.

"It appears that your trump card has been put out of commission with a timely arrival. Now then, how best to proceed. Ah, I know." Caleb said as he snapped his fingers, then proceeded to send out all of his Pokémon, even Raiden who looked a bit more with it after his battering from Gyarados.

"Surround them!" Caleb shouted as his team took positions behind the grunts, he even saw fit to withdraw his sword, and pointed it at the grunts.

"Now then, unless you would like to receive a sound thrashing from my friends here, I'd advise you get down on the floor, and put your hands behind your head where I can see them. No funny business. Understand?" Caleb ordered with a commanding presence.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

Time began to slow. The wave rushed out onto the stadium floor, where Whismur had just been let out. No longer caring for his own safety, Darius vaulted the railing and out into the ten foot drop from benches to floor. He watched as he and the wave slowly made their way towards the young pokemon. Fortunately the breeder hit the floor before the wave crashed into Whismur, who had begun climbing the wall to escape the quickly approaching water.

As soon as he had stood however, he was pushed back down by the force of the wave and into the wall, pushing Whismur up as far as he could while he was thoroughly soaked. The force behind the wave reached its zenith, sending Darius and his head crashing completely into the wall, where he immediately blacked out.

Seconds later, Darius came to, his entire body at the least aching in some way. Slowly standing, he looked around at the field, where the grunts were busy surrendering or being rounded up. Neither particularly concerned him however, as his frantic eyes searched for Whismur. And there she was, holding onto a Golem. Keeping the wall within arm's reach, he ran to the pokemon and scooped her up in his arms, where she nestled a moment before reaching out, grabbing his nose, and violently shook his head around.

"Whis, mur. Whissss MUR"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, back at the seating area of the arena, Daffy and Knuckles were celebrating their, more or less, complete victory over the grunts and their addled pokemon. Knuckles stood silently over Darius' opponents, claws crossed over one another.

Daffy was another matter. He'd found a fan amid the chaos of the benches and had laid down, fanning himself before getting an idea.

Psy! Psyduck! Psy-psy-psy-psy-psy!DUCK!" He exclaimed to Knuckles proudly, headache somewhat forgotten, as he held the fan up above his head. And promptly brought it down on the previously soaked grunt's head. Not really injuring him, but it surely added to his shame and humiliation.

"Psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-psy-Psyduck!"

Knuckles took Daffy's uncontrollable laughter as an opportunity to steal the fan away from him, smacking the grunt with the fan again, at which point Daffy stopped laughing and jumped atop Knuckles' back. And they began to struggle for who had the honor of slapping the grunts with the fan first...

Anayna

Aug 10, 2009
"TOM!!"

Four sets of heads whipped back to see who had spoken up, and Rupert's was among them. Who's the chick in pink?

"Thank goodness I found you! I wanted to return Kalmia to you! You dropped her Pokéball back on that field! Here!"

Not only did this girl seem to know Tom, she even had Kalmia's pokéball with her. However, in her attempt to return it to the bespectacled boy, Jolteon sprang forward intending to snap the sphere out of the air. Luckily, this merely resulted in the Lightning Pokémon smacking headfirst into Pineco's shimmering barrier with all the grace of an overexcited kitten still unfamiliar with the transparent nature of glass.

"Wow! N-nicely done, Pineco!"

Rupert only had a few moments to wonder who this girl was, how she related to Tom, and how she had gotten through the hell storm that was the stadium to return Kalmia before every neuron in the Kanto trainer's brain suddenly decided to focus on processing the insanity that was happening in the arena. This was at least the fourth time today the spectacle down there had demanded his attention. It was like a successive chain of disasters that just wouldn't stop.

Thick, black smoke covered a fair part of the arena now. Rupert had been too preoccupied to see who had unleashed the smokescreen, but from his vantage point he could still make out figures in the dense fog. About the only thing he could see clearly was the towering Garchomp, whose impressive frame made it seem like it was wading in a pool of smoke, and...

Is that a girl riding that Dragon abomination?

Rupert's eyebrows flew up and didn't stop until they were nestled somewhere deep in his locks of fringe hair. There was a dark-haired girl, no doubt in possession of more bravery than sense, clinging onto the vaguely annoyed Garchomp's back. The situation was getting out of hand. Tom and Rupert didn't have time to deal with these goons. They needed to... did she just order her Fearow to shot a Hyper Beam at the Garchomp she was currently straddling? Scratch that, the situation was getting out of hand fast.

Hang on. In the dissipating smoke Rupert counted a few new arrivals. Who was that down there? Was that Matt talking to someone? And what was that big shape next to them. It looked like a...

"H-hey, Tom. Is that a Feraliga..."

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

The arena had facilitated a fair few displays of power these past two days. Daria's Charmeleon had made it rain fire, Caleb had sent sparks flying as Luxray evolved, and Darius had shaken the foundation itself with his Sandslash. None could compare to this. The stadium itself shook as what was veritably a Feraligatr unleashed what could only be described as a tsunami. The massive tidal wave put an end to all hostilities as no one present could deny its power. Rupert couldn't understand how, but somehow it seemed that the only ones targeted by the torrent was Eres and his Garchomp. He was furious as he got back on his feet.

*GHAWMP*

And just like that the Garchomp that had scared everyone witless was down. With speed that belied his bulk the Feraligatr had taken it down with one singular Ice Fang. As the pseudo-legendary came crashing down the arena went quiet as the grave, as everyone took in what had just happened.

"By the salient sables of Scyther..."

Rupert could barely believe what he was seeing. He was well aware that when properly trained pokémon could become inordinately powerful. But this? This went beyond that. That Feraligatr wasn't a fierce combatant; it was a force of nature.

"Pine-pin?"

Pineco had abandoned the slack-jawed goons where they stood, and hopped over to his trainer. There he looked up at him inquisitively, seemingly wanting to know who this red-headed new arrival was.

"I-I don't really know, Pineco, but... I think he's the cavalry."

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
"Hyaa?"

"...Wuh, oh, Gem. Hey, girl."

The little starfish served as a reasonably stable prop as Daria dragged herself off the floor. The trainer grabbed one arm with each of her hands and pulled herself up into a crouch. She blinked a few times as consciousness slowly regained hold, though for the moment the world seemed about two shades lefter than usual. She could hear the swirling sounds of the ocean, which she realized was actually the sloshing blood in her head. Except it wasn't actually the blood. It was the water sloshing around the stadium. The remnants of one heck of a Surf attack were slipping away, leaving anyone below this specific trainer drenched. She touched two fingers to her forehead, against the raw point of impact and came back with a healthy dot of blood, the rest that was still flowing going down the bridge of her nose and slipping off to the right, connecting to her front lip in an unblemished red line.

Feeling a bit steadier as she examined her surroundings, Pace stepped back up and stood. This was in hindsight a tremendously poor idea and caused her to slam her torso against the railing separating her from the lower floors. Down in the stadium, she could see a man with red hair declaring himself to be one Agent Silver. She'd heard the last name, Giovanni. Only one guy in Kanto had that name, and he wasn't the most reputable citizen. The boy himself was an unknown to her. He appeared to be right about her age, though. Mind that this was only a guess, as Daria was approximately three hundred feet up and away from this young man, and was so screwed up in her senses that the color red might have been a cardinal direction by her reckoning.

She heard a man whimpering behind and above her. She turned and looked to watch the Saffron Jaguar known as Anthony gaping like a moron at the mess playing out below. Daria squinted and stared at this man for a few seconds. Her brain was definitely trying to inform her of some goal involving this fellow. She listened to its eloquent little speech as it laid out a compelling scale of pros and cons to ensuring that the shady man did not abscond.

This is a lie. It actually told her to crunch his face with a tire iron.

Daria respected the little organ's wisdom.

"YO, JAG!" she screamed, pointing a shaking finger at him. A face of frozen, fuming insanity was slapped over her skull. "Ya... dirty bastard, ain't done with ya yet! Get down here... like headbutts so much?! Gonna shove your head right up your own--"

She attempted to take a step forward. Another tactical error. She slipped from lack of coherence and balance, and only jamming her hand to the floor first stopped her head injury from getting significantly worse. She took a panicked breath as she realized just how close she came to significant pain, and ground her teeth together as she thrust her torso back into the air.

"YA HEAR ME, JAG--"

He was gone. Not a trace of Anthony Silver could be found. Where he had once been standing was air--particularly thin air, at that. Daria's eyes were as blank and devoid of reaction as particularly dull tea saucers, and her arms slumped to her sides, mindlessly twitching her fingers as a bold summation sat heavy in her mind.

HE GOT AWAY

It took a second for the disoriented trainer to process this. But like a time bomb, a delay does not mean a loss of volatility. Her hands clenched into shaking fists, and the girl that was ready to trip and die a second before was now less of a human and more along the lines of a freight train, blasting up the steps and roaring insults at the coward that had just slipped into the shadows.

"You... you BASTARD! YELLOW-BELLIED BEEDRILL GOES FOR THE HEADBUTT AND THEN HE FUCKING RUUUUUUUUUUNS?! You are so DEAD, Jag! Ya hear me! You have ceased to be! You are to be referred to exclusively in the past tense! YOU ARE LATE, A STIFF! YOU ARE AN EX-BLOODY-PERSON!"

She was at the top of the stairs and still moving like a Tauros for the Miltank fields. "I swear on my ancestors, when I find you I'll tear your balls right out of your scrotum, if you had any to begin with, and serve them to you over-easy ON TOASTED CIABATTA! DO YOU HEAR ME, JAG?! A GODDAMNED TESTICLE PANINI!"

And like the ghost exorcised from its victim the strength left Daria in one rush. The girl collapsed onto the nearest chair front-end first, groaning in pain and exhaustion as the world began to spin. She was still muttering mean-spirited gibberish, but proper words had left her at this point. She might have been there for some time if it weren't for the timely arrival of Jet, who limped over to his trainer and fished a Revive from her bag, feeding it to the only filled Pokeball on her belt. One press, later, and Spiegel had rejoined the conscious, rubbing his aching chest but otherwise no worse for wear.

"Lee-lee, Hitmonlee," said the fighting-type, slyly pointing a thumb at their woozy trainer. Spiegel didn't so much as look, hiding his shamed face beneath his claws.

"...Rrrrrr... Char. Char, Charmele Charmeleon. Meleon?" He posited a question pertaining to the current whereabouts of the other two stooges. Jet pointed back over his shoulder, at the center of the arena. Gemini, seeing the situation handled, had spun down to the center of the arena to get up close and personally appreciate the carnage of the brutalized Garchomp. Slagger had never left the zone, now soaking wet and a little worse for wear, but still enthusiastically cheering over the stomped dragon-type.

Spiegel was not surprised. Merely disappointed. He waved at their slumping Slugma of a trainer, asking for a bit of help propping her up. Jet complied, and the two got her properly balanced, one arm over each of their shoulders. It was slow-going, but they managed to find a clear path down to the floor of the arena, dragging their bamboozled companion up to ground zero. By this time, she had regained a few of her faculties and was stepping with them instead of just dragging her feet. She gave a weary wave, smiling goofily at the others.

"Heeeeey, evreebuddee... We win?"

Spiegel couldn't stand the shame any longer, and released her. She stumbled forward into her Golem, who happily picked up the slack from the Charmeleon.

"Slagger! Knew ya could do it!"

"Gol gol!" he proudly replied. His face faltered, as he realized that she probably hadn't seen what really happened with Matt. She paid him no mind, though, even as he tugged at her arm, and traipsed over to Silver.

"Awesome moves, new guy. Would you be the guy Looker mentioned?"

Daria was a very nice distraction for the officer, albeit unintentionally. At the moment, Gemini had taken the liberty of playing doctor with the KO'd Garchomp, by way of smashing various parts of its body with its wooden mallet.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lee watched the feraligatr with his jaw dropped, the sheer power that pokemon had, it was something you would expect from a legendary. After taking it all in he turned back to the two grunts and said with a smirk 'so you have three choices, try and run and hope my duskull and octilery can't catch you, stay and fight that' Lee said pointing at the feraligatr 'or you can just sit down and accept the jig is up' While lee was sure duskull would catch the grunt with enthusiasm, maybe too much enthusiasm. He was bluffing as far as octillery was concerned, there was no way octillery would find shooting the grunt a challenge, unless the grunt ends up making it a challenge.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
"TOM!!"

Tom turned around so fast that he almost fell down, and when he realized who was talking, he nearly jumped out of some mix of joy and fright.

Ada threw the pokeball, but the enthralled Jolteon wasn't going to let any more reinforcements enter the fray. Luckily for Tom, thats when Rupert's Pineco struck. With the Jolteon distracted, Tom was able to recover his missing teammate.

"Thanks Ada! I owe you one! I mean uh.. Yeah!"

Turning back to the battle, Tom noticed that everyone else seemed to be looking at the center of the arena. Tom hadn't really been paying attention to what had been going on over there, but something weird seemed to be happening.

"Gator.."

Aeolus seemed to be agitated by something in the middle of a gigantic dust cloud that had just started to settle. He had gotten into an attacking position as if there was a threat to his territory. As the obstruction cleared, Tom could clearly see Matt, as well as three other people, a Garchomp, and a huge blue pokemon. One of the people seemed really familiar to Tom for some reason, and his pokemon there seemed to be getting ready for something big...

"H-hey, Tom. Is that a Feraliga..."

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

As the wave of water started to rush towards Tom and Rupert, Tom instantly grabbed Kalmia's pokeball, Put Trapic in his, and then jumped onto Aeolus' back. Even then both pokemon and trainer were nearly knocked over.

After the flood had passed Tom climbed down from Aeolus and Released his team. Then he looked over to Rupert to see if he was alright. He seemed fine, but Tom walked over to him anyway.

"I-I don't really know, Pineco, but... I think he's the cavalry."

Tom took a closer look at the guy Rupert was talking about. Then it clicked.

"Its better than the calvary! That red hair, that Feraligatr! Do you know who that is? That's Silver, One of Johto's three legendary trainers!"

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Savannah saw Milotic's Water Pulse overwhelm it's foe, and she began to wait for any sign of the Heracross's stirring, only for it to remain down for the count. She was positively euphoric at the victory, jumping for joy in celebration of Milotic's amazing performance, emerging triumphant against all odds.

"That was amazing Milotic! You're amazing!" she exclaimed, giving her a warm pat on the head.

*BBBWHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH*

These celebrations were, however, cut short, as a thunderous crash erupted from the opposite side of the stadium, Milotic's head turning sharply, as she too was drawn to noticing the arrival of the group's mysterious saviour.

Sav struggled to stay upright, as the floodwaters caused by the monster's attack became knee-deep rapids that threatened to sweep her away. In a moment of intuition, Savannah waded through the waters towards her serpentine friend, before trying to climb on it's back.
Milotic saw her trainer struggling in vain trying to climb aboard, and after understanding what exactly she was trying to do, she decided to other a helping hand. Her long, elegant tail wrapped itself around her trainer, raising Savannah out of the waters almost effortlessly, before lifting her up and planting her firmly on her back.

"Good girl..."

Savannah let out a sigh of relief, incredibly exhausted, both physically and emotionally. Milotic seemed to understand, having an almost empathic link with the girl. Sav directed Milotic to press forward against the draining torrents, the pair swimming upstream to eventually find themselves amongst the pandemonium that had befallen Matt.
As she approached, Savannah saw the Feraligatr that must've belonged to Silver standing over the unconscious body of a thug's Garchomp, the former not having a scratch on it.

This guy sure means business... A trainer with such dedication, to raise and inspire such strong Pokemon...

Sav looked on in awe of Silver. His imposing Feraligatr standing resolute; a testament to his might as a trainer; his red hair billowing in the wind; his commanding presence as he announced himself... She couldn't tell if it was from exhaustion or infatuation, but she felt a little weak in the knees.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"M-Matt? What're ya? ...Hey... You wouldn't... GET BACK HERE BRUDDA!!! WHAT THE HELL D'YA THICK YER DOIN'??!? YA YELLOW-BELLY DUNSPARCE!!! HOW CAN YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!?! HOW CAN YOU JUST RUN AWAY!?!?"

It hurt. It hurt Matt, hearing Jack's words, hearing the disbelief and the absolute anger that filled each and every one. Every word, every syllable was like a knife in his back, a twinge of pain and regret that coursed through his entire body. Shame, fear, hate, loathing, and so many other emotions pulsed through the lad's head as he heard his fri... As he heard Jack condemn him. It hurt.

But the thought of losing his Pokemon hurt even more.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

Clenching his eyes shut in an attempt to hold back the tears, Matt kept running, away from Jack and away from the danger. Even with Spike's limp form weighing him down, it shouldn't be that hard to make it to the exit, only a few dozen yards away. And if he could just make it over to there, then maybe he could put all of this behind him and-

"Oof!"

Matt's eyes flew open as he stumbled to the ground, bouncing off the strange figure he hadn't seen through the smoke. Wrapping his arms protectively around Spike, the trainer looked up in fear, his breath unsteady as he gaped at the red haired figure above him. Was this another one of Eres' minions? Someone else sent to capture him? No! It wasn't fair; it couldn't end like this! Not after he... Not after he...

"That loud kid is right, you know... What you're doing... It's really quite pathetic."

The back of Matt's neck crawled as the newcomer's cool, assured words flowed over him. "Wh-what?"

"I get that you love your Pokémon, but to protect them like this? Running and cowering behind a wall of smoke? This makes you no better than the very people you're trying to protect them from. What good are your partners to you, if you don't trust them to protect you?"

Even if Matt had unlimited time, he wasn't sure he could come up with an answer to that question. Not that it mattered; hardly a second had passed before the stranger spoke again, speaking to the hulking creature that stood next to him. "Surf."

The boy barely had enough time to get Spike in his Pokeball before the wave of water rushed over him like, well, a tidal wave. The rushing liquid engulfed him entirely, burying him beneath who-knew how many feet of cold, crystal clear water. He was sent rocketing backwards, carried along by the force of the rushing water, until he slammed into the stadium's wall, the impact sending another lance of pain through his back. Unable to keep his mouth shut through the pain, Matt gulped down a mouthful of the stuff. But, just as his lungs began to burn, the water began to recede, leaving him soaking wet and gasping for air, but alive. And, as luck would have it, the wave had just happened to deposit him by the exit. Granted, his hat was missing, but that was relatively unimportant at the moment.

[small]"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!?! WHO DARES INTERFERE IN MY BUSINESS!?!?!!"[/small]

The shout sounded far away, like Eres was standing at the other end of a long tunnel. Unsteadily, and not bothering to stick around to hear the response, Matt unsteadily struggled to his feet. It took him two or three attempts before he actually managed to remain standing, but he got there in the end, using the wall as a support. Stumbling into the tunnel, the trainer moved forward, slowly at first, then faster and faster as his physical faculties slowly returned to him. Soon, he was sprinting down the corridor, choking down air and wiping away his tears, but moving ever forward. He didn't even look back as one last call echoed around him. [small]"I AM AGENT SILVER K. GIOVANNI, CAPTAIN OF THE INTERNATIONAL POLICE JOHTO BRANCH, AND YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!"[/small]

[hr]

Just outside of the stadium, hundreds of people were flocking to the scene. Curious and horrified onlookers, emergency personal, more police officers, they were all hustling and bustling in an attempt to get closer to the chaotic scene before them. But though the crowd was large and thick, not one of its members had eyes for the young lad shoving his way through them, his clothes soaking wet, his hat missing, his cheeks stained by dirt and tears, and his eyes dead and emotionless.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Kayla coughed as she was covered in the smokescreen, letting go to cover her mouth before realising her mistake. As she fell backwards, she felt Skylar's claws grab her and pull her out of the mess of pokemon and trainers, to high above the stadium.

"Come on Skylar! I wanted to ride the dragon," Kayla whined.

Fearow. Fear. Fear. Fear.

"Come on Skylar. What are you my mom?

Feeeeearow. Fearoow

"Well yes you do look after me but I can take of myself sometimes."

Fearow. Fear Fear Fearow

"I knew what I was doing. I'm not that much of a clutz!"

Fearow

"Yes I planed to fall. I mean I would have been hit by Hyper Beam if I didn't?"

Fearow

"Hmph fine don't believe me!" Skylar just shook her head and let go of Kayla. Kayla plummeted towards the stadium, screaming. Skylar circled around, dived and grabbed Kayla by the seat of her pants.

Fearow

"Okay! Okay Okay! I'm sorry! I won't be so insolent!" Kayla looked down to see what was going down in the stadium, just in time to see a wave crash throughout the stadium. A red hair man stood tall and proud behind a powerful looking Feraligatr. The Garchomp was knocked out and the chaos seemed to have settled.

"Hey Skylar isn't that Silver?"

Fearow. Fearooooooow

"Yes it is. I mean you had that crush on his Honc,"

FEAROW FEAROW FEAOR FEAROW FEAROW

"Hehe. Comeon, lets go down and see if they need any help." Skylar descended towards the stadium. As the pair got close to the ground, Skylar let go of Kayla, dropping her into a puddle of mud.

"SKYLAR!!!!!!" Kayla yelled, as the Fearow just, poked her ball on Kayla's belt and disappeared in a flash of red light. Another red flash revealed King, who let himself out because he really needed to go. Spotting the downed Garchomp, he walked over, jumped on top and settled himself on top of it's chest, feeling around with his claws for a comfortable spot.

Kayla, busy wiping mud off her face, feeling like a big disgrace, spotted an injured Daria, being carried by two of her pokemon. Over joyed at seeing her friend okay, Kayla ran and wrapped her arms around Daria in a crushing hug.

"YOUR OKAY! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" Kayla cried, as King looked on, sitting on top of the Garchomp.

Belmarc

Nov 24, 2012
Aeden watched the agent in awe. He hadn't seen the Gengar fight, but that Feraligatr was incredible. Had he been much lower down, the waves would have washed over him just like it had the others. It was that thought that reminded him of the girl he'd seen earlier, Daria from the tournament. From how she had been sprawled out, she wouldn't be getting up anytime so--

"YO, JAG!"

What?! She was standing already, and even shouting. Perhaps standing wasn't the proper term, more like... slumping.

"YA HEAR ME, JAG--"

Aeden wasn't quite sure who she was yelling at, but it seemed she'd realized that whoever it was was no longer there. He prepared to go up to talk to her, when she opened her mouth once again.

"You... you BASTARD! YELLOW-BELLIED BEEDRILL GOES FOR THE HEADBUTT AND THEN HE FUCKING RUUUUUUUUUUNS?! You are so DEAD, Jag! Ya hear me! You have ceased to be! You are to be referred to exclusively in the past tense! YOU ARE LATE, A STIFF! YOU ARE AN EX-BLOODY-PERSON!"

He could only stare after her, mouth slightly open as she charged after him, too shocked to offer her any aid when she collapsed into a chair. It was only after her Pokemon helped her away that he was able to clear his head of the matter. He shook his head. "So that's what a tournament level trainer is like," he mumbled under his breath. Aeden walked down to the balcony and looked down upon all the other trainers, none of which had seemed to notice him yet. He was about to turn away and leave, putting it all behind him, when he saw a sopping wet hat, left behind by a trainer. He recognized it, though he'd only seen it briefly on the head of one of the trainers battling the criminals. He scanned the crowd but didn't see anyone who even remotely looked like the owner. Perhaps he'd had to chase after an enemy. Aeden shrugged and began his descent down to the stadium floor. The least he could do was give it back to the owner. He picked it up tenderly, and though it was sopping wet, didn't wring it out. Then he stood awkwardly by the wall, waiting for a good time to ask someone about the owner without interrupting their celebration.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
The punishing battle was effectively over. As Silver swiftly demonstrated his superiority over Eres, his crew had lost any and all will to fight back.

"Gh... Damn it all to hell..."

The grunts that had been apprehended by Caleb and his Pokémon decided it was best to just accept their defeat and go quietly. A group of IP agents would later take them in for questioning. Ryan sheepishly joined Caleb, with his Mightyena limping in behind him.

"G-glad that's over with..."

The grunts detained by Daffy and Knuckles had managed to escape, using the two Pokémons' moment of distraction to their advantage.

Tom and Rupert's opponents had just bolted as well.

Savannah's thug left as soon as she made her way down to the heart of the action.

Remy stood in awe of the whole situation. The name Silver was familiar. He'd been grabbing headlines a couple of years back. Having joined the International Police with his dubious background, he quickly rose through the ranks, solving a bevy of crimes that had other, older agents flabbergasted.

"Heh... Looks like it's over for you and your bunch. Now come qui-!?!"

Anton had disappeared into thin air. He'd just vanished without a sound.

Shit. How'd he do that? "Well done Sneasel, come on in and get some rest." Remy praised his Dark-type companion before he disappeared into the Dusk Ball's dark light. With that done he made his way down to the arena grounds.

There was a lot going on down in the arena. Lots of people were flooding in, screaming and hollering at each other. It was all just a bit too annoying for Silver's liking.

THESE are the deputies Looker mentioned? Bunch of noisy kids if you ask me. And that cowardly kid too... Looker always was a terrible judge of character...

Magneton came down to his master, informing him that the Mightyena boy was safe. His Weavile did the same. Anton had been vanquished but had escaped.

"Well done, you two. Get back in here." Silver then raised his voice, ignoring all the hubbub around him. "NOW! Throw your Pokéballs on the ground! Surrender! Come quietly and we'll get to the bottom of what it is you're after!"

Eres had lost his cocksure demeanor. This was a situation he had not anticipated.

Shit. Shitshitshit! No one told me there would be one of these assholes in here... Didn't hear that braniac warning me about THIS! And where's that smug asshole, Dante anyway?? Shit. This is a disgrace...

Eres smirked.

"Hahahah... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Screw you, pig!!!" Eres yelled, smashing one of his PokéBalls into the ground.

STTTTEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIXXXXXX!!!

*BRABABABABROOOMMM*

Steelix came crashing out of its confines, instantly blowing another hole in the ground. Eres didn't wait to hich a ride.

"Damn it! WAIT!"

Silver knew he was powerless to stop Eres' underground escape, and decided to focus on getting the 11 people that were still on the premises back to the safety of the inn.

"Feh... I'll get you later..."

Remy came out the tunnel at that same moment, spotting a stranger holding Matt's hat. He seemed to be about Matt's age, too.

"Hey! You there with the hat! Where'd you get that?"

The boy jumped slightly. It seemed Remy had startled him somewhat.

"Oh! Uh... I-I f-found it here. I thought I'd return it to its owner. Why do you ask?"

"I'm a friend of the kid who owns it. Looks like he might've hightailed it back to our inn. You wanna return it to him, right? Tag along if you want. Looks like you wouldn't be the only new addition anyway..." The Sinnoh native said, taking a glance at an unfamiliar girl hugging Daria.

Aeden quietly agreed and stuck with Remy as they made their way out of the stadium.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*DING, CHATOT, DING, CHATOT, DING, CHATOT*

The clock at the Smiling Sunkern rang. It was 3 in the morning as 12 worse for wear Trainers, Looker and Silver sat/stood/laid in the lobby. Looker had just finished his debrief, thanking the group for a job well done. While the main perpetrators had escaped, some grunts had been apprehended and were going to bring invaluable information to the investigation.

"Only time will tell, if these entry-level hoodlums will present us with any leads of worthiness. But I feel we might need the help of a group like you still. We will see about this as more comes to light."

Looker paused for a moment, taking a look at the weary bunch in front of him.

"But enough of this for today. Now, rest, as tomorrow shall bring us new challenges, no doubt. Tonight... Tonight was dangerous. Maybe too dangerous for you, even? Myself and Mr. Silver will convene here tomorrow at 09:00 hours. If you still wish to help me with this task be here then. If not, you are free to leave. Well then."

Looker took his leave, Silver following close behind. As he went to close the door behind him he turned to the Trainers inside.

"He is right, you know. That was too much for you kids to handle. If I were you, I wouldn't bother showing up at all tomorrow. Goodnight."

With that, Remy, Daria, Darius, Lee, Caleb, Rupert, Tom, Savannah and Ryan were left inside the inn. Matt was nowhere to be found. Additionally, two mostly new faces were with them in the room in the form of Kayla and Aeden. A heavy silence floated in the room until Remy spoke up.

"So... that just happened. Where the hell did Matt disappear to? And who would you two be?"

And with that SLIGHTLY rushed and awkward post, our big ass battle drew to a close. It's wise for ya'll to stick around the lobby to meet the new kids as well as talk about what the fuck just happened. Other than that, you now have some free posting time to do some character development, make friends with the rest of the cast, etc. ONLY ONE RESTRICTION: NO BATTLES!!