In search of the worst musical act EVER. Who's yours?

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Salem. Worst album mixing, worst flow, worst synth lines, worst percussion, and most importantly, worst live performance.

<youtube=r0ZetW6bQ7Q>

This video and their most recent album, King Night, has given me various forms of cancer, pneumonia, HIV, the plague, influenza, small pox, the bends, psychosis, tetanus, congestive heart failure, and brain damage, along with a plethora of ailments that are not even supposed to be acquired by man. It makes me embarrassed to be born with hearing and knowing that the human race has not only produced this, but there are people who like this in an unironic fashion.

I don't like using this term, but it describes Salem and all of the Witch House scene and output so well: Hipster garbage.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
wow ok I got ninjaed with justin beiber and brokenclyde. I give you a shitty cover of numb by linkin park

TheAbominableDan

Jun 2, 2009
I'm going to narrow it down to a specific song. Mindless Self Indulgence's cover of Tom Sawyer. They took a classic song and turned it into near incomprehensible gibberish. This is just a mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq7LvyaxYzk

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
None of you have heard of David Tanny. He is the greatest fail who has ever failed. Seriously, and he thinks he's good enough to be on Dr. Demento. HOW IS THIS COMEDY:
No this guy is not a Troll... He is 100% for real....

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Taylor Swift. Her voice is always changing in the middle of the songs; one minute she's "normal" and then she's screeching, then quiet... Pick one and stick with it, it sounds like a song by someone with multiple personalities who keep taking over during the performance. The lyrics are absolutely stupid (dumbest lyric ever award goes to "SHE WEARS HIGH HEELS I WEAR SNEAKERS" because we all know footwear is extremely important when choosing someone to date). And worst of all, they call her a "country" singer so she gets on those stations, but none of them are too country to not be considered pop, so she gets on those stations too. And anywhere you go where they are playing radio stations, it's either country so you have to hear her nonsense, or it's a pop station and you still get to hear her nonsense.

No video. I'm sure you've all heard that abomination, and besides, YouTube videos auto-play, so I'd have to hear some of it before I got to the pause button. This is an unacceptable risk for me.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Milk Inc.

Belgium's worst band. Their songs are generic, uninspired and exemplify everything wrong with dance music. What puzzles me most is that they're very popular here.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
GiantRaven said:

That sound you hear is me winning this thread.
Dude what are you talking about I love that song.

I would like to point out on behalf of all the poor victimized pop artists in this thread that just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
Novs said:
Lamb Of God.
Really? I can't think of many people I know who dislike LoG. (Besides those that just don't like metal, obviously.) Any reason in particular?

On Topic: I wish to nominate more-or-less the entirety of modern pop music.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Well, this thread has enlightened and amused me immensely.

Keep up the good work?

Or something...

Aside:
That Mark Gormley dude on the previous page has got a voice that he should be able to mold into something quite impressive. Instead he does this. Shame.

Aside2:
Like Berethond said above, there's a lot of artists in here that shouldn't be here.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
AngelSword said:
In my experience, I'd have to say Brokencyde. It seems to be mixing up the worst aspects of punk, hip-hop, and hipster culture, and their music conveys this.

Don't believe me?
What the fuck was that?

It just made my hangover worse

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
The entirety of the songs performed in Mamma Mia. I used to like Abba before I saw that film.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Berethond said:
Dude what are you talking about I love that song.

I would like to point out on behalf of all the poor victimized pop artists in this thread that just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.
Disregarding the generic, overdone (and to a much better extent at that) musical content, the lyrical content is akin to punching yourself in the face with a particularly degrading fist. I don't understand how anyone could want to listen to a piece of music that glorifies such idiocy.

But that's just me I guess.

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
GiantRaven said:

That sound you hear is me winning this thread.
You sir, are a magnificant bastard.
OT: Whatever the fuck that was. brokeNCYDE is just too hiliarious to be worse than that