Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
I know the chances of me winning are ridiculously slim, but I'm still going to be disappointed if i lose.

Hope is a *****...

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
titankore said:
IT would be awesome if they listed some of the comments they made on the comics during the judging.
"2Guys1Couch - crap"

"2Guys1Couch - tosh"

"Can't write - naff"

"2Guys1Couch - again"

"Penny Arcade - urgh"

"2Guys1Couch - *sigh*"

"Furry - Arrgh, MY EYEZ!!11one"

"Penny Arcade *siiiiigh*"

"Ooooo wait, this looks- oh it's 2G1C"

"2G1C with 'The cake is a lie' joke - *kills self*"

"2G1C (the *other* 2G1C) - WHAT HAZ BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!"

"Ctrl+Alt+Del - [see above]"

Winner: The only completely origi- oh who am I kidding, 2G1C.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
danieltanure said:
I wish i came to this thread earlier, though, because you all seem to be nice gentlemen.
INDEED WE ARE MY BOY!

Pull up a chair by the fire side, grab yourself a bourbon or glass of port, and have a pipe!
Things are going to be MOST dandy, I assure you!

:)

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
danieltanure said:
I wish i came to this thread earlier, though, because you all seem to be nice gentlemen.
Ahhh Yes my good boy, this is like any other gentlemen's club. Smoking jacket's, cigars, wine and burbon.... prostitutes, ohh and a nice fireplace.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
Reality check guys: The Escapist said that it would be announced last week. It still hasn't been announced. Why? Because the winner will need to confirm, and negotiate the content contract with the Escapist prior to being announced officially. In other words, and please prepare your bubbles for bursting, if you aren't in talks as we speak regarding the contract with the Escapist, you didn't win. And neither did I. Whoever did win already knows.

isjusterin

Jul 6, 2008
titankore said:
danieltanure said:
Ahhh Yes my good boy, this is like any other gentlemen's club. Smoking jacket's, cigars, wine and burbon.... prostitutes, ohh and a nice fireplace.
Can we have Toblerones too? And a nice fleece blanket. (For protection against unwanted lap dances.)

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
KarmicToast said:
Reality check guys: The Escapist said that it would be announced last week. It still hasn't been announced. Why? Because the winner will need to confirm, and negotiate the content contract with the Escapist prior to being announced officially. In other words, and please prepare your bubbles for bursting, if you aren't in talks as we speak regarding the contract with the Escapist, you didn't win. And neither did I. Whoever did win already knows.
Well considering they pushed it back a week because of the amount of entries received and Shamus told us yesterday he had just cast his votes, i'd say that that's probably not accurate. So no need to panic (more) people.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
KarmicToast said:
Indeed, this is quite possible.
However, Shamus posted on his blog that he hadn't picked his favourites yet on the 3rd march (After the original posting date of 1st march.)

They also said that due to getting guest judges and more entries than expected, that results would be delayed until the week of March 8th.

Also, I doubt they will contact the winner until after the competition.
Otherwise, people could post about it.

I'm not saying what you have said is impossible, it isn't... but its also entirely possible that a winner is yet to be decided.
I'm not getting my hopes up regardless, you can't expect to win a competition, however, i will also not dismiss anything at this point.

Unless you already work for the escapist, you have the same info as everyone right now, so no need to try and break peoples spirits.

Again, no one should EXPECT to win (You can't ever expect to win, it breeds disappointment), but that doesn't mean a winner is already decided.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
isjusterin said:
titankore said:
danieltanure said:
Can we have Toblerones too? And a nice fleece blanket. (For protection against unwanted lap dances.)
It is a GENTLEMEN`S club! If you want a seat by the fire with us chaps you have to enjoy the lap dance just as we all do. Though if you insist to be a gentleWOMAN i`m sure we can arrange a male performer as well.

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
KarmicToast said:
we already went over why this is not true, and they also said the winner had not been declared.

If they talked with the winner they'd risk word getting out before they announce it, and they wouldn't want that. Secondly contract negotiations can be very lengthy process, unless the signer is an idiot and agrees to whatever they shove under their nose without a second thought.

And they are merely required to offer a contract to the winner. The winner is not required to accept it. Winner will be the winner, reguardless of if this ends with the Escapist getting a new comic

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
I'm pretty sure that the winner hasn't been contacted yet. They probably will tell the winner about the same time they officially announce it, that way the winner won't announce it before they do. Also they probably wanna build up the drama some more.

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
KarmicToast said:
Yes, I'm sure the whole staff of the Escapist and two webcomic dudes are plotting a global conspiracy against us, all to keep this thread alive. Yes, makes perfect sense.

isjusterin

Jul 6, 2008
danieltanure said:
isjusterin said:
titankore said:
danieltanure said:
It is a GENTLEMEN`S club! If you want a seat by the fire with us chaps you have to enjoy the lap dance as we all do.
But the prostitutes, they are so unsanitary! Unless they have had a good education, astounding wit, or chocolate, they have nothing to offer me!

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Steagony said:
Yes, I'm sure the whole staff of the Escapist and two webcomic dudes are plotting a global conspiracy against us, all to keep this thread alive. Yes, makes perfect sense.
QUIET YOU FOOL!
They will hear you...

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
isjusterin said:
But the prostitutes, they are so unsanitary! Unless they have had a good education, astounding wit, or chocolate, they have nothing to offer me!
How does all of the above sound?
They are also wearing top hats, and smoking pipes.

Interested?

(Sorry for the double post there chaps, terribly rude of me)

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
RetroRobot said:
Steagony said:
QUIET YOU FOOL!
They will hear you...
Let us venture into the depths of the Paris catacombs. From there, we can fight a guerrilla war.

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
isjusterin said:
titankore said:
danieltanure said:

And hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. *yummmmmm*