Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Casts a Shadow

Feb 22, 2010
I'm honestly excited to see what sort of variety there were in the entries...that and how many are chosen for the gallery as 300+ entries multiplied by four makes up for a lot of webspace.

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
RetroRobot said:
DomesticParasite said:
RetroRobot said:
boybokeh said:
Well guys, it's been fun being an abject refresher with you for the past few days. At least now the suffering can end.
Indeed it has sir, indeed it has.

Now let us agree that we will not resort to name calling and slander when the winner is announced.

Also, hope to see you fine chaps around the forums... I think we had something special and... *Sniff*, Well, I sure hate goodbyes... it's just... *Sniff*...

Oh, It's TOO much!

I love you guys! :'(
Lies, you know the person who wins will be saying "YOU ALL CAN SUCK IT!" and fly off on a magical plane fueled by their fulfilled dreams. There are 2 reasons artists always carry a pen,

1) To draw.
2) To stab everyone else who draws in the back.
Whoa, whoa... I said no slander or name calling...
I didn't say ANYTHING about back stabbing... I was assuming back stabbing would be a given...

;)

Also... If anyone does say "YOU CAN ALL SUCK IT" I will cry tears of dispair for humanity.
All in all despite everyone in this forum fighting for the same thing, its been very civil. :)

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
DomesticParasite said:
RetroRobot said:
DomesticParasite said:
RetroRobot said:
boybokeh said:
Well guys, it's been fun being an abject refresher with you for the past few days. At least now the suffering can end.
Indeed it has sir, indeed it has.

Now let us agree that we will not resort to name calling and slander when the winner is announced.

Also, hope to see you fine chaps around the forums... I think we had something special and... *Sniff*, Well, I sure hate goodbyes... it's just... *Sniff*...

Oh, It's TOO much!

I love you guys! :'(
Lies, you know the person who wins will be saying "YOU ALL CAN SUCK IT!" and fly off on a magical plane fueled by their fulfilled dreams. There are 2 reasons artists always carry a pen,

1) To draw.
2) To stab everyone else who draws in the back.
Whoa, whoa... I said no slander or name calling...
I didn't say ANYTHING about back stabbing... I was assuming back stabbing would be a given...

;)

Also... If anyone does say "YOU CAN ALL SUCK IT" I will cry tears of dispair for humanity.
All in all despite everyone in this forum fighting for the same thing, its been very civil. :)
I would say its not civility, but more like the calm where everybody holds thier breath before launching the nukes.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Do you think they will be put in order of most liked or something? Maybe they will do a top ten and worst ten. If I get on the worst ten I will cry... as I rip everyone's skulls out and beat them to death with them.

"But that's not physically possible" you say
"That's exactly what they said as I beat them to death" I say
ahhh I love red vs blue

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
DomesticParasite said:
Ah yes, but the winner hasn't been announced yet...
I swear to god when I find out who won,
I'm going to track them down...
and CARVE MY NAME...

...Onto a congratulations card. After all, they've done splendidly well winning!

Wait, did I say carve? I meant inscribe...

I'm often getting those mixed up.

isjusterin

Jul 6, 2008
AAAAUUUGGGHHH. No matter how specifically I am told when updates will happen I cannot stop refreshing. I'm doomed.

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
RetroRobot said:
DomesticParasite said:
Ah yes, but the winner hasn't been announced yet...
I swear to god when I find out who won,
I'm going to track them down...
and CARVE MY NAME...

...Onto a congratulations card. After all, they've done splendidly well winning!

Wait, did I say carve? I meant inscribe...

I'm often getting those mixed up.
Just watch, the person who does win will get the curse of writers block. Then they will have 10 times the stress we are all having now because he/she has to do at least 2 comics a week. Then what if they aren't funny? Ohh the stress... I welcome it if I win, Hahaha! ... /insanity.

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
isjusterin said:
AAAAUUUGGGHHH. No matter how specifically I am told when updates will happen I cannot stop refreshing. I'm doomed.
NpPro93 said:
this has only ensured that, while i hit refresh 100 times today, i will stop for tonight but hit it 1,000 times tomorrow.
Are you kidding me, I've been hitting f5 every 10 seconds since the 1st. I think I need a new laptop...and some anti-anxiety pills... :(

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Satoshii said:
isjusterin said:
NpPro93 said:
this has only ensured that, while i hit refresh 100 times today, i will stop for tonight but hit it 1,000 times tomorrow.
Are you kidding me, I've been hitting f5 every 10 seconds since the 1st. I think I need a new laptop...and some anti-anxiety pills... :(
Pass the anti-anxiety pills...

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
RetroRobot said:
Satoshii said:
isjusterin said:
NpPro93 said:
Pass the anti-anxiety pills...
All I've got left are a bag of blue M&Ms and 4 ibuprofen.

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
titankore said:
Do you think they will be put in order of most liked or something? Maybe they will do a top ten and worst ten. If I get on the worst ten I will cry... as I rip everyone's skulls out and beat them to death with them.

"But that's not physically possible" you say
"That's exactly what they said as I beat them to death" I say
ahhh I love red vs blue
I don't think they would post the top ten bad ones because it would be like publicly ridiculing the contestants and I think the Escapist is too classy to do such a boorish act.I finally calmed down and await execution...Dead man Walking!

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
I must admit it would be nice to have a top 5 or top 10, to see what kind of comics the judges were considering. That'd give us a much wider scope of what they are and aren't looking for.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Satoshii said:
I must admit it would be nice to have a top 5 or top 10, to see what kind of comics the judges were considering. That'd give us a much wider scope of what they are and aren't looking for.
Then you get in your Delorean and redo your entry.

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
They would probably post like the best 10,that's 50 images already.
Unless they are just going to show the one page they like from the contestants.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
LACKT said:
A top 10 sounds reasonable.

A worst 10 would be pure evil...

I don't condone evil at it's purest, only a smidgen here and there.

I do want to see what people have put into this...
I bet the variety in ideas and styles is vast!

:)

Satoshii

Feb 7, 2010
RetroRobot said:
LACKT said:

I would like it if Shamus or someone went over the entries in general and told us the major points of what we did wrong, what we did well and what kind of things need improving, etc.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Satoshii said:
RetroRobot said:
LACKT said:

I would like it if Shamus or someone went over the entries in general and told us the major points of what we did wrong, what we did well and what kind of things need improving, etc.
Indeed. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
IT would be awesome if they listed some of the comments they made on the comics during the judging.