Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
DomesticParasite said:
Hah! Very nice.

I don't think anyone outside of this thread has really noticed, actually...certainly no one in the RP forum is overly distracted by the swarm of incoming webcomickers. It's just one thread in Featured Content.

Still, you got across the feel of this particular thread very well.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
DomesticParasite said:
Ya know what this large thread about the webcomic contest needs, its own webcomic strip about the webcomic contest.

I got bored after work so I did a quick sketch.
Ah hahaha! Awesome!
Yeah, I think that sums it up. Even now we're plotting and cutting into each other, hoping against hope to come out on top

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
Zemalac said:
DomesticParasite said:
Hah! Very nice.

I don't think anyone outside of this thread has really noticed, actually...certainly no one in the RP forum is overly distracted by the swarm of incoming webcomickers. It's just one thread in Featured Content.

Still, you got across the feel of this particular thread very well.
Thank you, and grats on 1400 posts! :D

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Also. All in favour of the winner being chosen by post count? Guys? Anyone?

Damn
Seems fair to me ;)
Shit. How about average post length?

Best out of three?

Edit: I win! My comic is about two couches on a guy.

RetroRobot

Feb 11, 2010
Ok, here's an example of my work.
This is a sketch I just dug out and scanned from one of my sketch books.

Gives you an Idea of my style.

My actual comic is in colour, and isn't exactly the same style as this, but it's along these lines, and neater... and not a sketch... OK It's not really that much like this.

This is from a comic i'm still putting together that will possibly see the light of day one day... when I stop picking it apart and putting it back together...

:)

I also made this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgb_16A1WW0
(Warning. Above movie may cause heart warming and festive sensations)

Feb 13, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Also. All in favour of the winner being chosen by post count? Guys? Anyone?

Damn
Seems fair to me ;)
Shit. How about average post length?

Best out of three?
Given I can't draw to save my life, I think I'll be lucky to come out with a prize here. :)

Edit: Actually, Shamus said there was no bad art & good writing...that means my writing is bad as well :( :( :(

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
titankore said:
Ha but my kids are full of adorable cuteness. That and I used different styles for some of my comics that fit the mood including crime noir. I appeal to an intelligent audience of both genders with silly jokes mixed in for the broader demographic.
Oh yeah? Well...well my characters are made with awesome! From concentrate! And they...ok, so I don't know how they'd do on the demographic part, but I do know that my characters could most definitely probably beat up your characters! So there!

Nyeh! *Sticks out tongue*

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Space Jawa said:
Oh yeah? Well...well my characters are made with awesome! From concentrate! And they...ok, so I don't know how they'd do on the demographic part, but I do know that my characters could most definitely probably beat up your characters! So there!

My girl character can kick so much ass that she broke out of my comic kicked my ass and is on her way to kick yours. Her dad is their world's version of Chuck Norris crossed with Albert Einstein.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
titankore said:
Space Jawa said:

My girl character can kick so much ass that she broke out of my comic kicked my ass and is on her way to kick yours. Her dad is their world's version of Chuck Norris crossed with Albert Einstein.
Oh yea? Well, I made a comic about a cinderblock, pineapple, and a frozen turkey vying for world domination in a constant epic struggle to break the stalemate of thier current battle.

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Axzarious said:
Oh yea? Well, I made a comic about a cinderblock, pineapple, and a frozen turkey vying for world domination in a constant epic struggle to break the stalemate of thier current battle.
Its been done, heck I think everyone here made a doodle of that at some time or another, COMPLETELY unoriginal, now if you made something about two guys on a couch...

LACKT

Feb 17, 2010
titankore said:
Axzarious said:
Its been done, heck I think everyone here made a doodle of that at some time or another, COMPLETELY unoriginal, now if you made something about two guys on a couch...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Apparently we cannot say anything about the comic, but we can give subtle hints to what it may or may not be about. So, I am just gonna say mine is an over used concept, and not a "two guys/kids on coach" one, but it's already been used twice here, and it can go anyway it wants.

boybokeh

Feb 27, 2010
DomesticParasite said:
Ya know what this large thread about the webcomic contest needs, its own webcomic strip about the webcomic contest.
[http://img202.imageshack.us/i/yodawgk.jpg/]

Phillip C

Sep 28, 2009
So, you want two guys on the couch humor do ya's? Well here ya go!

I wish it was this easy! I also wish that I didn't find this hilarious because I'm going to be banned and I'm going to hell shortly!

Edit: Please don't ban me!

Phillip C

Sep 28, 2009
Don't worry, I don't have anything like that in my webcomic. I've got SOME taste, but that taste is obviously not very good.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Well, since we're sharing comics here now, I though some people round here might appreciate this one;

http://fav.me/d2l06xp

I felt like beating Penny Arcade to the punch on this week's big news story...

Just for the record, even though I'm sure I've probably been disqualified by now, this strip is unrelated to my entry to the webcomic contest.

Phillip C

Sep 28, 2009
OK, I think I owe everybody some real art (if that's what you'd like to call it)

These are sketches for a comic I'm currently working on called "Mary Sue", I already showed a page for this comic earlier, proportions are way off, but this gives me an idea of what I want the comic to look like and the designs yadda yadda. I wonder if it would of been a good comic for this contest?

Thoughts and opinions are welcomed.