Industry Elites Added As Judges for Webcomic Contest

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
Acmonion said:
My lurkerlicious existence must come to an end! Hi all.... I've been watching you... [Insert friendly, non-creepy greeting here].
The collab sounds like a fun idea. Not sure I would contribute myself, as I'm more than busy with one cartoon already, but I'd love to see how it turns out.

mynameissqrat said:
Well like it was mentioned earlier, it depends on how commited a person is to their comic/the comic their working on with other people. It's hard I know because I still need a colorest. *snip*
Colouring is fun. Do you have a link to your work?
Why are people so uptight when it comes to lurkers? I dig being watched! You really have to try to put up a good show for all the audience.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
Looks like in the next three days i'll find out if I got my college place and the results for this. Scary times. So nervous about both.

PizzaBagel

Feb 13, 2010
I find it's best to just lower your expectations. I don't expect to win with the stuff I sent in, but it would be a nice surprise. I think my video game jokes are slightly derivative, and my art style could stand to be a bit more groundbreaking. As an example, here's a thing about a year ago.

Believe me, my art is looking a lot less Mike Krahulik these days.

Steagony

Nov 20, 2009
Lol, Mike Krahulik. He's the man.

My art is also very derivative of his, at least, in the comics I submitted. I only noticed it a few days after I sent them in. Dunno why I did that...

Oh well, less power to me.

AutoDMC

Feb 28, 2010
danieltanure said:
Why are people so uptight when it comes to lurkers? I dig being watched! You really have to try to put up a good show for all the audience.
Apparently, it's not the lurking, per se, that everyone gets all uptight about. It's the admitting that you've been taking meticulous notes about their every statement in the forum for possible personal future gain that they get all bent out of shape about.

So, if you're lurking, just don't admit it... apparently.

I keep waiting for Spinwhiz to come in and announce... that the gallery has been delayed until the week of the 15th, whereupon the angst goes over 9000, if you'll forgive my meme.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
AutoDMC said:
danieltanure said:
Apparently, it's not the lurking, per se, that everyone gets all uptight about. It's the admitting that you've been taking meticulous notes about their every statement in the forum for possible personal future gain that they get all bent out of shape about.

So, if you're lurking, just don't admit it... apparently.

I keep waiting for Spinwhiz to come in and announce... that the gallery has been delayed until the week of the 15th, whereupon the angst goes over 9000, if you'll forgive my meme.
Oh it will happen, and the responding explosion from this thread will burn with the burning power of a hundred burning suns burning.
To say things will get hot would be correct.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
Ya know we're probably not gonna hear anything final until GDC is over with right? It's quite a busy week for those guys.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
williebaz said:
Are they going to keep coming out with the stolen pixels after the new comic gets approved?
Of course. The winner isn't taking the place of anyone, it's an addition.

PizzaBagel

Feb 13, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
williebaz said:
Are they going to keep coming out with the stolen pixels after the new comic gets approved?
AAAH! Have you been standing there this whole time?

Dizko

Feb 25, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
williebaz said:
Of course. This the winner isn't taking the place of anyone, it's an addition.
You mock and torture us!! *cries*

titankore

Nov 10, 2009
Spinwhiz can you please give us a rough estimate of when this will be over? Today, tomorrow, Sunday, next week?

AutoDMC

Feb 28, 2010
I feel like igniting a new conspiracy theory...

Spinwhiz said:
Notice how oddly the construction of this sentence is? I bet it's because... the winner's name and title are encoded in it.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
Steagony said:
Spinwhiz said:
Rofl.

"This the winner" awesome.
ah Ha ha, tee hee, oooh, yeah there goes my chance of winning...

Anyways, it's funny how Spinwhiz keeps popping back in here every now and then. I'm sure he's reading through all of this too (sorry) to address any questions. Well, any real questions, which have been pretty far and few between now that the deadline has passed and all we can do is wait around and wait.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
AutoDMC said:

Spinwhiz said:
Notice how oddly the construction of this sentence is? I bet it's because... the winner's name and title are encoded in it.
I normally speak in tongue after reading The Da Vinci Code.

From through the dusk an answer forms, a ghost silhouetted in these fine forums
Energy pulsing through our heads, looking for a light within these threads
For when the gallery and winner will be, a picture and link you will see
As I said before in this very room, "when will then be now? soon."

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
PizzaBagel said:
Spinwhiz said:
williebaz said:
AAAH! Have you been standing there this whole time?
*nods and shrinks back into the shadows with a smile*

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
AutoDMC said:

Spinwhiz said:
This The Winner Isn't Taking The Place Of Anyone, It's An Addition.

TTWITTPOAIAA?

TWTPSS?

TITOIA?

edit: drat, he changed it and posted a new mysterious post. There goes all my hard work I just made up...

Dizko

Feb 25, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
AutoDMC said:

Spinwhiz said:
Of course. This winner isn't taking the place of anyone, it's an addition.
I normally speak in tongue after reading The Da Vinci Code.

From through the dusk an answer forms, a ghost silhouetted in these fine forums
Energy pulsing through our heads, looking for a light within these threads
For when the gallery and winner will be, a picture and link you will see
As I said before in this room, "when will then be now? soon."
I will not be fooled by your twisted "poetry" sir!

Hopefully soon isn't the Blizzard definition of soon, which means, anytime between now and eternity.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
toadking07 said:
AutoDMC said:

Spinwhiz said:
This The Winner Isn't Taking The Place Of Anyone, It's An Addition.

TTWITTPOAIAA?

TWTPSS?

TITOIA?
Actually, it was just my fingers trying to keep up with my brain....or was it?????