Infinity Ward Not Borrowing Ideas from Treyarch for Modern Warfare 3

CombiBlood

Nov 18, 2009
"Call of Duty meant that Treyarch and Infinity Ward wasn't "cannibalizing" each other's work, and gamers weren't getting the same game every year."

You really expect me to believe this statement?

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Thank god. Teyarch's cods sucked with the exception of zombies so as long as zombies isn't the only thing they aren't taking I'm happy.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
"[Treyarch] do things that we would never do but have turned out fantastic - like their Zombie modes - and added new features to multiplayer that we would never add, just because they're a different style," he said.
Like, I don't know... Dedicated Servers.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
-Samurai- said:
Vibhor said:
There are quite a lot of areas to fuck up. The graphics, sound, optimization and shit. MW1 was good but MW2 did not had dedicated servers. Do you know what dedicated servers are?
MW2s weapon models are far superior to the models from CoD4. Sound is more opinion. Sure, there are different bitrates and what not, but I'm sure Infinity Ward used the best sound quality they could. I had no problems with optimization. PS3 runs my copy just fine.

And no, I don't know what a dedicated server is. I only ran an R/O Harbor 24/7 SnD server for a few years.

And because no dedicated servers = bad game, right?
Firstly weapon models do not constitute major parts of graphics. The important parts are the environment, textures and detailing. Straw man argument is straw man.

Secondly the lack of dedicated servers does make a bad game IF your game is multiplayer orientated which in case of call of duty is true.
Also the lack of something which was already in the prequel and was not negative does make a bad sequel, and the whole sequel bullshit is what they are going for.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Would just be happy if every BlOPS server on the PC version wasn't running the sodding Nuketown map. But thats the players fault not the devs. (Although they did design a shitty map).

taciturnCandid

Dec 1, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks that Black Ops was the best Modern Warfare game?

Black ops had a story that wasn't standard movie fare. I was actually intrigued by the plot and found it very entertaining. It was much better then the standard MW plot. It was like a psychological thriller instead of a micheal bay style action movie.

Also, Black Ops had the arcade zombie mode and the normal zombie mode. I also liked WaW better. At least the parts where you played in Japan. The thrill of having to fight off a kamikaze soldier was great. Added a nice varient to just leaning out and shooting people.

Over all, I personally think that Treyarch is the better developer. Treyarch isn't afraid to take risks and experiment with settings that we haven't seen before.

I would really like to see more stuff set in the Korean war and the Vietnam war.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Numachuka said:
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Cod 1 - 4 were good because they were fresh and new. Everything after that was the same. I've played all of them and every game from WaW just feels like an expansion pack.
As a man whose favorite CoD was United Offensive, I take offense to this statement. Calling 2+ expansion packs is an insult to the original expansion pack, which was in fact superior to the entire franchise Modern Warfare and up.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Vibhor said:
-Samurai- said:
Vibhor said:
There are quite a lot of areas to fuck up. The graphics, sound, optimization and shit. MW1 was good but MW2 did not had dedicated servers. Do you know what dedicated servers are?
MW2s weapon models are far superior to the models from CoD4. Sound is more opinion. Sure, there are different bitrates and what not, but I'm sure Infinity Ward used the best sound quality they could. I had no problems with optimization. PS3 runs my copy just fine.

And no, I don't know what a dedicated server is. I only ran an R/O Harbor 24/7 SnD server for a few years.

And because no dedicated servers = bad game, right?
Firstly weapon models do not constitute major parts of graphics. The important parts are the environment, textures and detailing. Straw man argument is straw man.

Secondly the lack of dedicated servers does make a bad game IF your game is multiplayer orientated which in case of call of duty is true.
Also the lack of something which was already in the prequel and was not negative does make a bad sequel, and the whole sequel bullshit is what they are going for.
Weapon models and textures are a part of graphics. How wouldn't they be? Do you see the models? Yes? Then they're included in graphics.

And saying that not having a dedicated server makes the whole game bad is beyond moronic. There's really nothing else to say about that. It's moronic.

Same goes for your next point. Since the majority of sequels cut features from their predecessors, you'd must believe that nearly every game on the market right now is absolute trash.

I can't believe I just wasted time responding to those horribly absurd statements. I won't be doing that again.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
CJ1145 said:
Numachuka said:
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Cod 1 - 4 were good because they were fresh and new. Everything after that was the same. I've played all of them and every game from WaW just feels like an expansion pack.
As a man whose favorite CoD was United Offensive, I take offense to this statement. Calling 2+ expansion packs is an insult to the original expansion pack, which was in fact superior to the entire franchise Modern Warfare and up.
I'd kill for a good game of Base Assault right now. They really need to bring that one back.

Did you play SnD in UO? If so, do you remember the clan?

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
CJ1145 said:
Numachuka said:
Okay.... but I called 4 and up expansion packs.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
-Samurai- said:
Numachuka said:
-Samurai- said:
So, then, we won't be able to dolphin dive in MW3? For such a small feature, it sure changes the game quite a bit.

Gotta love the CoD hate in this thread already. The people that say the game is the same every year are likely the people that don't play it.

If all their games have been the same, how could anyone proclaim that CoD4 was the best, and MW2 was horrible? Wouldn't they be exactly the same, making them both as good as CoD4, or as bad(according to haters) as MW2?
Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about. I've only played every CoD game in existence, and started the series shortly after its launch. So obviously I wouldn't have played enough of them to say that they're all different and they each bring something new to the table....obviously.
Correct. You catch on fast.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
-Samurai- said:
Weapon models and textures are a part of graphics. How wouldn't they be? Do you see the models? Yes? Then they're included in graphics.

And saying that not having a dedicated server makes the whole game bad is beyond moronic. There's really nothing else to say about that. It's moronic.

Same goes for your next point. Since the majority of sequels cut features from their predecessors, you'd must believe that nearly every game on the market right now is absolute trash.

I can't believe I just wasted time responding to those horribly absurd statements. I won't be doing that again.
Wow you sure do eat words for breakfast.
Read my post again, see that I said weapon models do not make a major part of graphics. See what is the main word in there? If not then wash your googly eyes and read again.
You did the same for my next sentence. Are you blind and have someone else read posts for you?

And yes most of the games in the market ARE absolute trash. They may be fun but they are bad sequels.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Vibhor said:
Wow you sure do eat words for breakfast.
Read my post again, see that I said weapon models do not make a major part of graphics. See what is the main word in there? If not then wash your googly eyes and read again.
You did the same for my next sentence. Are you blind and have someone else read posts for you?

And yes most of the games in the market ARE absolute trash. They may be fun but they are bad sequels.
I'd have to say that a model that takes up roughly one third of your screen is pretty major. If it looked like shit, it'd instantly destroy any sort of immersion one has with the game. But, if you like, we can move on to your other gripes.
Ok....

....Actually, never mind. I really can't be bothered responding to CoD hater number 10,837,402.

Keep hatin', bro. Because I honestly don't give a fuck. I'll be sure to buy two extra copies of MW3, just to do my part to make it the highest selling game of all time. I'll snort one, eat the other, and enjoy my third copy knowing that people like you aren't playing.

Now, please, waste your time typing a reply that I won't read.
[small]Reply prediction: Hurrr hurrr. Yu dun repli cuz u knowd i is rite. i am winnar!
Nope. I just seriously don't care.[/small]

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
-Samurai- said:
I'd have to say that a model that takes up roughly one third of your screen is pretty major. If it looked like shit, it'd instantly destroy any sort of immersion one has with the game. But, if you like, we can move on to your other gripes.
Ok....

....Actually, never mind. I really can't be bothered responding to CoD hater number 10,837,402.

Keep hatin', bro. Because I honestly don't give a fuck. I'll be sure to buy two extra copies of MW3, just to do my part to make it the highest selling game of all time. I'll snort one, eat the other, and enjoy my third copy knowing that people like you aren't playing.

Now, please, waste your time typing a reply that I won't read.
[small]Reply prediction: Hurrr hurrr. Yu dun repli cuz u knowd i is rite. i am winnar!
Nope. I just seriously don't care.[/small]
Please stop posting on the internet. Your pathetic attempts at defending this game are outrageous. You are giving yourself and your brethren a bad name.
Not once, yep, Not once did I state that I hate the game. In fact we weren't even having an argument why MW2 sucks. I said there are plenty of areas for a game to suck even if the gameplay is solid but noooo. You let your rabidness get hold of you and mindlessly posted.
Also, nobody gives a fuck if the weapon in hand looks good. Personally if the in hand models do take 1/3 of the screen then something has really gone horrible with the game.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
HaloHappy said:
Excuse me but, shotguns as a primary? That was a stupid idea! Who in their right mind would want to go in with a shotgun and pistol/rocket/crossbow/balistic knife? The point is to carry a gun for mid-long range and keep a shotgun in your pocket for close quarters work.
You didn't play COD4 did you? Shotguns were primaries in that game too.

Having them a secondaries in MW2 was a stupid idea because it completely ruined the balance. Snipers running around with Akimbo Ranger secondaries makes me sad.