WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Innegativeion said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Maybe if they spent less time trying to make gimmicks and more time trying to make consoles.
Isn't there... like, a traditional controller available for the WiiU that NOBODY ever mentions?

Gamepad pro, was it?

What ever happened to that thing?
Unfortunately that controller is absolutely uncomfortable to use(for me at least). I don't know why they thought putting the right thumb stick above the face buttons was a good idea, but it really messes with you when you're trying to play the game, and you have to constantly look down at the controller because you're hitting the wrong buttons.

I'm wondering if they did that because Microsoft and Sony have patents on the other designs, or if Nintendo just decided they wanted to be "different".

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
teebeeohh said:
well at this point Nintendo should really try to shower developers with money so they get the better version of a game since that might move a few wiius before the ps4 and xbox MS home entertainment system hit hit the market. Because i really don't believe as many people are willing to buy more than one console this generation compared to the last.
That was the Xbox 360 strategy. They bought as many timed exclusives on games and DLC as they could. The 360 is finishing last this gen. Nintendo is going to have to do better than simply paying for the best version.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Innegativeion said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Maybe if they spent less time trying to make gimmicks and more time trying to make consoles.
Isn't there... like, a traditional controller available for the WiiU that NOBODY ever mentions?

Gamepad pro, was it?

People are focused on the "Wii U has no games" argument right now. There also the "The PS4's tech will knock the Wii U back" argument. Those are pretty hard to argue for the moment.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Innegativeion said:
Zachary Amaranth said:

Gamepad pro, was it?

People are focused on the "Wii U has no games" argument right now. There also the "The PS4's tech will knock the Wii U back" argument. Those are pretty hard to argue for the moment.
Well yeah but it will probably take the PS4 at least a year before it starts getting good games anyways, and the tech it's going to have is still going to be behind a brand new gaming PC. It's really just shifting the goal posts to trash on Nintendo.

Like in this instance with Injustice, we don't have the specifics but most here are quick to place the blame as a shortcoming of the Wii-U, when the features missing really isn't something the Wii-U would be incapable of in comparison to the PS3 and 360. Sounds more like the developers just put more focus on the latter two's development, which makes sense since they have a bigger install base, and are releasing a slightly unfinished version on the Wii-U because it's well unfinished but they want to release everything at once.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Ok, I have a Wii U and, yes, I love it...

But, it's shit like this that makes me wonder about my purchase. 3rd party support and all that. I mean, what's going to happen in the future?

Jimalcoatl

Jun 21, 2010
v3n0mat3 said:
Ok, I have a Wii U and, yes, I love it...

But, it's shit like this that makes me wonder about my purchase. 3rd party support and all that. I mean, what's going to happen in the future?
I feel the same way. I love my Wii U, but when half the games I want to play aren't on it I feel like I'm chained to my 360.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Might have finished last, but at least it knew what it wanted to be.
Which I'm sure is a huge consolation for Nintendo. "Well lads, the Gamecube may have tanked, but at least we knew what we wanted it to be. That's sure to please the shareholders when we tell 'em..."

And what exactly is confusing about the Wii U. It's a console with a regular controller that has a touschscreen. OMFG my mind just melted trying to comprehend all the mindscrew.
I'm only talking from personal experience.

At this moment in time, there is only one game I'd consider getting the WiiU for, and even then, it's the ultimate version of a game I already own.
It's a little unfair to compare the library of a console that's not even a year old to one of previous generation, of course the Gamecube has a better library it was around for 6 years.

Dec 14, 2009
lord.jeff said:
Daystar Clarion said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Might have finished last, but at least it knew what it wanted to be.
Which I'm sure is a huge consolation for Nintendo. "Well lads, the Gamecube may have tanked, but at least we knew what we wanted it to be. That's sure to please the shareholders when we tell 'em..."

And what exactly is confusing about the Wii U. It's a console with a regular controller that has a touschscreen. OMFG my mind just melted trying to comprehend all the mindscrew.
I'm only talking from personal experience.

At this moment in time, there is only one game I'd consider getting the WiiU for, and even then, it's the ultimate version of a game I already own.
It's a little unfair to compare the library of a console that's not even a year old to one of previous generation, of course the Gamecube has a better library it was around for 6 years.
I'm not even really talking about the library either.

I hate gimmicky crap, I always have.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
You know, I hate that argument "features I wasn't going to use". So what? What about people who were? How can you be so complacent with paying full price while not getting the full game? Whether or not you were gone to use it doesn't matter, it's the fact that you're paying as much as someone else and getting less.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
The developer probably assumed that the Wii Lobby was sufficient, and forgot that part contained critical multi-player.

Leaisaxel

Apr 22, 2013
Netherrealm has announced that they are going to release a patch to fix the online custom lobbies. It is unconfirmed about the ios compatibility