Innovation or Invasion?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
John Burton said:
What cartoon network were u watching?
am sure i remember 'loans for you' type ads on thier which were utterly pointless for a child
Probably not the one that existed in the same time period as you watched it. As I've said, its advertising ebbed and shifted over the years. But I specifically remember thinking to myself sometime at the end of the 90s "You know...if only more advertising was done this way, it'd be nice."

But like I said...I can't give you a specific date, but I am dead certain it was like this. Then again, maybe it's a regional thing - perhaps the US got more advertising thrown its way than us European countries, since they expected most of the viewership there to begin with.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
This was a tough read. I liked the hell of it, but I just woke up. I bet some of my English teachers (that is English as a second language) could use this article in class.

Uriel_51

Dec 6, 2010
I was wondering what was up with the new "free xbox 360 with the purchase of a new computer for school" thing I've been seeing on TV. Having read this article, it makes much more sense. Ugh... I feel better about putting my xbox away to gather dust with every month that goes by. Sooner or later, I wonder if they'll loose me as a customer at all.

Interesting development here JP, thanks for bringing these details to my attention.

lemme just tweet this to my friends...

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
Dorkmaster Flek said:
Sabrestar said:
FreakSheet said:
Soon, we will have to tweet an ad if we want to watch/play what we have already paid for.
I fear this is way too close to happening.
It's already happened. When you put a DVD in, you have to sit through previews and FBI warnings about copyright BS, even though you already paid for the damn thing like a good little consumer. It's making me sick, and I don't think I've actually watched a DVD in over a year now.
Well, on the bright side, there's a thing going through were you may be able to sue a company for calling you with the telemarketing thing without having written permission first. I'll take the ads over being woke up at 3am by a machine wanting me to buy floormats. >_>