Intel Predicts GTA V Will Hit PCs Soon

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Interesting, sure, but how about that Red Dead Redemption port we're all waiting on, Rockstar?

Please?

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Saulkar said:
zumbledum said:
console producers takes huge sacks of cash/ pays for the entire development/offers other incentives to buy the exclusive.
I am aware that console manufacturers pay developers/publishers but what you are saying is that a console developer is willing to pay a major portion/all of a game's development if the developer or publisher makes it an exclusive? If so, how often is this an exclusive case? Here, give me a moment to elaborate cause I may butcher what I am about to say. :)

Like, is it possible that a developer or publisher chooses a lump sum of money from a console manufacturer that may in fact be less than what could be earned if it was not made an exclusive but is earned all at once vs over time. If this is in fact a reality (I do not know) has its short term nature ever backfired?
we rarely get specifics. Bayonetta 2 we do know nintendo funded and thats how they got that exclusive.
what the deal is will vary from situation but if we look at GTA V , and we start thinking how many people worked on it , how much they get paid, add in the costs of offices, hardware and all the other sundries. its a huge amount of cash to come up with 4+ years before a payday. if MS or sony walked int eh door and said hey how about we finance this games development at a low rate and defer payment till its released. thats going to make things a lot easier.

given the speculative nature of this type of business im sure its backfired or worked out badly for one partner a lot of times.

When George Lucas was setting up the contract for Star wars the guy on the other side of the table didnt think there would be any market for star wars merchandise. so he let George keep all rights to merchandise. and ofc over the years thats made many times more than the films ever did.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
Ultratwinkie said:
Adon Cabre said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Adon Cabre said:
snip
snip
NPD doesn't track digital.

Its a digital age. "prestigious" or not its USELESS in the modern age. Only the most bias fanboy would justify using NPD anymore. No publisher cares what NPD has to say anymore because if NPD was correct, then activision would be dirt poor right now.

Oh wait, its not. Because NPD's titles are worthless. Just like its data on the modern world.

and 1 billion? That translates to 15 million sales.

15 million. On a 60$ game. Front loaded to be the fastest at 1 billion. Other games make 1 billion dollars, the only difference is that GTA V wanted to front load the sales to be a record holder.

By that logic, anything higher than 15 million sales means its as big as big can be:

Oh wait nintendo and minecraft hold that prestigious title. And any big mobile game ever. The only difference is that the sales of GTA V are front loaded with hype. So i guess you heard it here first:

Everything is dead because GTA V can't match the combined force of mobile gaming. I guess rockstar better be mobile only to get that huge slice of pie.

See how bad that idea is? by saying "oh they made one billion so they don't want more? so no more platforms?" Companies exist to make money always, and mobile blows console gaming away. Going by sales and profits, console gaming can't keep up so why would rockstar bother under that same logic?

Tetris on phones sold 100 million. That is 6.5 GTA V launches. On phones. So don't say "its where the money is" because its a bold faced lie.

and piracy? Really? You are talking about piracy?

GUESS WHAT: CONSOLES HAVE PIRACY AND USED GAME SALES. PC piracy would have no bearing on the level of piracy console has with piracy and used game sales. And yes, used sales are piracy because they give nothing back.

Gamestop alone has 2 billion in profit. Most of their profit is used game sales. Gamestop makes twice what GTA V made in a day. 2 billion worth of damage to an industry. don't come here and say consoles don't have money pouring out of its neck too, because it does.

And there you go again with that elitist "hardcore" argument that was ridiculed out of the mainstream spectrum months ago.

A gamer is a gamer, get fucking used to it.

If a casual gamer isn't a gamer, than COD and Halo fans aren't gamers. Anyone who is a fan of nintendo is a casual gamer. The sims is a casual franchise. Hell, even elder scrolls now be considered casual because of how games now are borrowing ideas from casual games.

Pick up and play. No real time investment requirement.

Casual games have been around for a while. It makes up a lot of gaming history. Like it or not, a lot of gaming's "history" is casual.

And I just love how you try to use strawmen by twisting my words.

YOU said PC gaming makes awful profits.

YOU said that console gaming was where the money is.

I proved that wrong. Steam makes billions, and Gabe Newell a billioniare. NPD is worthless in the modern age. Mobile overtook console in profits long ago.

All you are trying to do is trying to justify not putting games on PC because of some bogeymen you invented. A market just as big as either PS3 and xbox, and steam only has a portion of the market down. And yet you try to lump both consoles together and cry about me lumping people together.
[h4]Was that an Argument, or a Rage Post?[/h4]

This is so nonsensical. Tetris? Mobile gaming? What the hell? You're so loud you can't hear yourself writing; but there it is -- you blew my post out the water.

1. Cross platform software sells far more on the consoles than on PC. This has yet to be proven wrong.

2. I never said that PC digital downloads don't make a rich profit. I said they aren't close to generating console revenue.

3. What you and the PC community like to do is throw out figures that lump MMO's, internet gambling, Facebook games and Steam accounts -- all of that into one user base. That's called inflating statistics.

You keep speculating about Rockstar, I'm just stating the facts.

Here are the 7 World Records that Grand Theft Auto V a console exclusive, has set thus far: [http://mashable.com/2013/10/08/guinness-gta-v-guinness-records/]

[li]Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Best-selling video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion[/li]

[li]Fastest video game to gross $1 billion[/li]

[li]Highest grossing video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game[/li]

So how important is a PC port, again? Anyways, it's probably coming maybe next year.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Well for me even if this does get a PC release I'm going to stand on principle and not buy it. I'll give Rockstar my money when they decide to treat we PC gamers, where the game franchise got it's fucking start, better than second class citizens.

Personally I'm content to continue leech play it at one of my friends houses and not give these guys a penny. Want my money? Treat me like you think my business is worth bothering with.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
Ultratwinkie said:
Adon Cabre said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Adon Cabre said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Adon Cabre said:
snip
snip
snip
[h4]Was that an Argument, or a Rage Post?[/h4]

This is so nonsensical. Tetris? Mobile gaming? What the hell? You're so loud you can't hear yourself writing; but there it is -- you blew my post out the water.

1. Cross platform software sells far more on the consoles than on PC. This has yet to be proven wrong.

2. I never said that PC digital downloads don't make a rich profit. I said they aren't close to generating console revenue.

3. What you and the PC community like to do is throw out figures that lump MMO's, internet gambling, Facebook games and Steam accounts -- all of that into one user base. That's called inflating statistics.

You keep speculating about Rockstar, I'm just stating the facts.

Here are the 7 World Records that Grand Theft Auto V a console exclusive, has set thus far: [http://mashable.com/2013/10/08/guinness-gta-v-guinness-records/]

[li]Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Best-selling video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion[/li]

[li]Fastest video game to gross $1 billion[/li]

[li]Highest grossing video game in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours[/li]

[li]Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game[/li]

So how important is a PC port, again? Anyways, it's probably coming maybe next year.
All of them:

fastest selling.

Do you even know what fast means?

You complete something in less time than others. But the finish line is on the same distance. 1 billion is not some magic number, many games make 1 billion dollars.

The sales are front loaded. that's all it means. That everyone bought it at launch instead of being spaced out like a normal game.

And yet its hilarious you keep saying "they got 1 billion dollars! they don't need anymore!"

companies want more money. Investors want more money. They want to see the chart to continue to climb. 1 billion isn't a magic number to investors. They don't want "fast" they want more money.

If it was a choice between fastest to 1 billion dollars and 100 billion in sales, companies and investors would always choose 100 billion sales.

and its nice to know you are still inflating your statistics, then complaining about me "inflating" mine. console profits are broken down between two very different platforms. lumping xbox and ps3 together is exactly, as you put it, be like putting casual gamers and hardcore gamers. xbox has a much different gamer culture than ps3. xbox's marketing has always been the average "dude bro" gamer of the west or the average western consumer who wants a living room box, and playstation always works the niche titles and japanese games.

It doesn't matter, but you say it is. So somehow different types of gamers are bad if they aren't hardcore... until you do it.

Want some facts?

The porting costs between consoles make publishers cry and say games were failures. On all consoles. ubisoft, square enix, Codemasters, and others. We lost THQ recently for christ sake. Yet the two biggest publishers say they get most of their cash from PC games.

console exclusives fail to meet sales expectations time after time unless its highly established studios. This generation has seen exclusive after exclusive fail to get the big bucks you claim they do.

So where is this "consoles rule?" The way I see it games are called failures regardless.

because frankly unless you are rockstar or a manufacturer or publisher owned developer consoles will disappoint you. Consoles haven't been a magic money making machine for over 8 years. 8. years. You argue that one exception is the entire world. It isn't.

Rockstar isn't console gaming. It can't hold up the market that has been slumping for a while.

You say money matters until it doesn't matter and gamer numbers do. You keep moving goal posts, and inflating numbers. Stop it.

You act like 15 million is some high number for 3 platforms that all have 70+ million users. Out of consoles alone, if you lump them together, only 15 million units moved in a market of 140 million gamers. How are you going to spin "higher numbers" if they don't buy anything? In fact, people use xbox and PS3 as movie, internet, and netflix machines. Especially xbox.

How do we know all these consoles are for actual gaming? When a lot of people use them just for basic non gaming stuff? That is also stat inflation. Not that you would admit it.

You act like 1 billion is some big number that only GTA gets, except that a lot of big AAAs get a billion. The only reason GTA V is different is because it did it fast with front loaded sales.

And speculating? On what? The PC verison of GTA? That's not speculation if you have the evidence right in your face.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cinema+blend+GTA+V+pc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=cinema+blend+GTA+V+pc&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&tbm=nws

People broke open the game and found this out. This isn't speculation anymore. The only reason you are here is to try to pass off GTA V as some "victory" over PC gaming by throwing out false, bullshit, and dishonest stats. That's the only thing you are doing. To kick up more console war arguments.

If you cared about facts, you wouldn't be using NPD or any of your other sources. So don't try to spin this as "fact saying."
[HEADING=3]Yeah, 1 Billion is so overrated[/HEADING]

It's amusing to watch you downplay a 1 billion dollar record. (I skipped all those paragraphs.) But I guess one could make any argument the minute they start drinking EA's cool-aid. It's so easy to read you. We ridicule the suits until they affirm us.

"Oh, he's the CEO, he should know the numbers. He would never exaggerate." (This sums up your argument.)

The truth is you won't find a single source on the web where PC digital downloads out-gained or came close to the Playstation or Xbox on a LAUNCH title.

(And read closer next time... I never said Grand Theft Auto V wasn't coming out on PC. I said that Rockstar's delay could push it back to late 2014.)

But you just don't understand what kind of companies Ubisoft, EA and Activision are, which is why you can't comprehend the facets of online gaming or the truth behind the statement that the PC is out-gaining the console industry. You don't understand how to generate revenue on the web.

You haven't educated yourself nearly enough to debate about this subject.​