Interactivity

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
Yahtzee you are a true library of ideal ways to get through life.

I don't care how fanatic that sounds.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
blackshark121 said:
Here's your plot for "Fun Space Game: The Game": Aliens attack, humans retaliate, aliens are actually humans from the future, now-humans turn to be evil, later-humans are good. I get a 7.6% cut on everything "Fun Space Game: The Game" earns.
Isn't that the plot of Martian Successor Nadesico, except you've used the word "future" instead of "Jupiter"?

Skizzo321

Jan 18, 2010
I have to agree with a lot of people here.

The original Half-Life game, looking back, gave you a similar awe-inspiring tram ride through the environment that lay before you and it lasted like 5 minutes. After the tram ride the player could do alot more interactive stuff than Bioshock 1: blowing up casseroles, turning on alarms, talk to NPCs or stare at the G-Man forever. The game didn't really start until the player picked up the crowbar.

And keep in mind, Half-Life was really the first FPS to have an interactive intro. No Half-Life intro, no Bioshock intro.

Alexander Trotsky

Mar 16, 2010
Once again spot on. In acting we have something called CROW you do before you start speaking, CROW stand for Character, Relationship, Objective, and Where. Unlike most games BioShock practically introduces this in the first freaking cutscene! Right on Yahtzee, and good reference to Bad Dudes.

Sammi Costello

Mar 20, 2010
Rocketboy13 said:
Fully interactive openers get to be a bit tedious on the second or third play through. I would have liked to just be able to make moral choices on a scan-tron in place of playing through the childhood sequence in Fable 2, and Mass Effect is so huge, and I wanted to see some of the alternate endings, having to play out 6-8 different dialogue trees gets a bit taxing when the only real difference is slight inflection. Sometimes I just want a bit of story handed to me right off so I can proceed to the next bit.
A game shouldn't sacrifice narrative just because there are multiple endings to it.