Internet memes - Now in games

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Not Good said:
It'll happen eventually that an internet meme will be included in a game. And it already has. However, this makes the meme more and moar unfunny.

I would be rather shocked if someone posted a forced meme such as Milhouse (lol simpsons games) or FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK
Is it wrong to laugh at that? As recognizing its original source,combined with never hearing that meme before was just a little funny.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
There is a bear in Age of Mythology that wears a Canadian flag as a cape, shoots LAZARS out of its eyes and has a monkey horde. Yeah.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
avykins said:
Cant remember if it was Quake or Unreal (only multiplayer FPS i played back then) after getting up high to snipe and staring at this stone arch it suddenly reminded me of Goatse, even down to the damn wedding ring.

Btw my fave meme is the 9000 penises song by oprah.

Heh id love it if in a game like WoW, the bounty board. You have to take down a gang and its Pedo bear and his gang.
Retrieve goatse's missing wedding ring... NO!
It was UT2k4.

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
blackcherry said:
Not Good said:
It'll happen eventually that an internet meme will be included in a game. And it already has. However, this makes the meme more and moar unfunny.

I would be rather shocked if someone posted a forced meme such as Milhouse (lol simpsons games) or FRAN TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK
Is it wrong to laugh at that? As recognizing its original source,combined with never hearing that meme before was just a little funny.
You find it gets very old after a while.

riftinducer

May 10, 2008
Surprised no-one spotted the bit in Heavenly Sword where Kai is talking to the guard, then threatens to "hit his weak point for massive damage".

Jonathan Hexley

Jul 4, 2008
While TWEWY created memes, it also has a scene where Neko calls the Tech 'fail'.
Needless to say, it's hilarious.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
riftinducer said:
Surprised no-one spotted the bit in Heavenly Sword where Kai is talking to the guard, then threatens to "hit his weak point for massive damage".
Someone played Heavenly Sword?

And I only have one thing to say to this thread:

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
a Something Awful goon translates Nintendo games.

If anyone noticed, in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl a boy in shorts tells you "My pokemon is fight", along with all the leet talk within the game.

Also in FF6 I think it was the phrase, "These goons just trashed my airship" or similar.

4chan/SA memes in games is nothing new. Even Pheonix Wright does it.

COR 2000

Jun 30, 2008
Well, I've heard that C&C: Red Alert 3 has a ton easter eggs, possibly involving internet memes, like in the Remix Trailer, they used the "All your base are belong to us" line.

arcus_angelus

Oct 15, 2008
Steve Dark said:
What you gotta remember is that most games programmers are quite into internet culture, so they're bound to try and sneak memes into their games! At the last count I personally have seen about one thousand, three hundred and thirty seven memes hidden in various games...

Cute. . .I caught that. ;)

Jonathan Hexley

Jul 4, 2008
Hm, not too sure if this is actually a meme, but a singing tip in Guitar Hero World Tour tells you to 'move away from the mic to breathe.'