Interplay Launches Fallout Online Teaser Site

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Another MMO...well, atl east one I am vaguely intrested in! Will be looking around site for what I can!

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Possibly the only MMO I'll be interested in*, signed up already for the beta.

I think i'm signed up for FFIV, Squeenix's multiple websites and many different on-line 'accounts' make it hard to know

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Woo! I made it on, apparently they send me images and crap, which is cool. They're also considering me for the beta.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Yay! I really hope this is going to be the game that makes me cancel my WoW subscription!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Oh my god, this is the kind of news that makes a person Depressed ! MMO's Kills creativity for a good Singleplayer or Coop game...

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Hmm. Could be fun. Depends on where they set this... unless they go hardcore and open the entire US up. Imagine it... traveling across the wastes, from the NCR across New Vegas, out past (assuming they accept its canonity) the regions only touched on in Fallout: Tactics, all the way out to the Capital Wasteland and all it entails.

Pick a faction, like the Brotherhood, or the Enclave, or one of the raider factions... stage assaults on opposing factions to seize towns and pre-War tech... experience Vaults and underground bunkers and bases a la dungeon crawls with your team... this could be fun.

Only trick would be to REALLY keep up the dark humor elements; they're a big part of what gives Fallout it's Falloutian flavor.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Come on, guys. I don't like MMOGs much myself, but the Fallout world is absolutely begging for one. I can't imagine a setting that's more ready-made for massive online play than this one.
My thoughts exactly.

There are no words to express my joy.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Kris015 said:
Andy Chalk said:
Come on, guys. I don't like MMOGs much myself, but the Fallout world is absolutely begging for one. I can't imagine a setting that's more ready-made for massive online play than this one.
Correct, but we already have Fallen Earth, do we really need another post-apocalyptic FPSMMO?
The difference between this and FE is that this hopefully won't suck.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
So there is a game that could make me break my rule of not paying monthly for them. I have never played (nor wanted to play) an MMO in my life but I am definitely interested in this one.

As long as they keep everything that makes Fallout great that is.

Andy Chalk said:
Agreed as aforementioned, although I am hoping they will include ready made factions with proper characters (Enclave, BOS, NCR) as opposed to having them purely made up of human players. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to MMO's.

Oh, and players shouldn't be able to start off in a faction, they should have to be recruited.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
oh for the love of god. Great just great. Once this releases we can say good bye to ever seeing another singleplayer fallout. I hate when a great singleplayer game goes multiplayer, I will NOT be playing this at all. Hopefully we might see another SP fallout after it's released, but it seems unlikely because most series that go down this route stay there permanently.

As I've said before though: NOT EVERY GOD DAMN SERIES NEEDS AN MMORPG!

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Give me a pvp server with permadeath please, just one server, it will be awesome.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
With World of Warcraft currently dominating and The Old Republic set to dominate, there just isn't room for an MMO like this in the market right now. Maybe in 5 years when people tire of TOR, this would have a shot. Unfortunately, it's doomed to obscurity. :(

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
I agree with you Chalky (that's you're new nick name be sure to inform everyone around the office). Yeah can't think of an existing game that's better set up for this kind of thing, remember Fallen Earth? Now make it better.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
In a way, this is not recent news. Yes, they FINALLY came with a site and an announcement, but the thought of having a fallout MMO is going on for years now.

OT: Doing a little dance shouting: "Yes! Yes! My prayers have been heard!""

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Well, it sounds kind of interesting, but I'm going to wait for more news about it.
I'm not really an MMO kind of person.